Avengers Movieverse: The Infiltration (Part One)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Aboard the SHIELD Helicarrier was a beautiful sight. The sun was rising just beyond the horizon, giving the sky a milky reddish orange color, while the rest of the sky was a light blue, with clouds melted into it. The scene was picturesque, as the headquarters floated miles above the sky. It was a sight many would kill to see.

On the ground, however, was another story.

Nick Fury had Agents throughout the Helicarrier feeding him the most up to date information on the current crisis at hand. His long black trench coat swept the floor behind him as he made his way toward the man he knew would get the job done.

“CAPTAIN!” he barked, causing Steve Rogers to jump slightly, and then snapped his head up like a rocket. He was now suddenly alert. “You’re needed on the ground.” Fury said, in an ominous tone only he could pull off. “There are domestic terrorists claiming hostages on the ground. They claim they need billions of dollars to rebuild Latveria.”

Captain America stood up sharply. “I’m on it.” he stated.

The docking bay for the helicarrier howled and roared in the wind, which stung the faces of the duo. Cap leaned over the edge and peered at the buildings below. “You sure you don’t need a parachute?” Fury called, trying to sound louder than the forces of the wind. “It’s a twenty mile drop into water.”

Cap cracked a smile and looked back at him. “Are you kidding?” he laughed “Parachutes are for girls.”

With that, Captain America threw himself off the edge of the helicarrier. The wind whipped in his face and squeezed his body. He felt as if he had left his stomach back on the helicarrier, yet he remained unafraid. He put his shield in front of him, bracing himself for the impact. Swiftly, he descended faster and faster upon his opponents, until—.

“—Hostage situation has been resolved thanks to Captain America.” The TV reporter blared.

Tony Stark paid no heed. He simply poured himself a glass of bourbon and began sipping it impatiently while waiting for Pepper to arrive.

As if on cue, the elevator doors slid open to reveal Pepper Potts, dressed in a stunning red dress. Tony rushed to greet his beautiful lover. He was quick to embrace her, giving her a quick kiss. “You’re late.” he said in his usual sarcastic tone.

Pepper let out a giggle and made her way to a glass of champagne she saw on a countertop waiting for her. She gave him a quick look over her shoulder. “Like you’ve never been late before.” she teased.

“Y’know,” Stark replied, moving ever closer to her, “I’ve been thinking of building you your own armor. How does the name ‘Rescue’ sound?”

“Corny as hell!” she laughed. Her attention was then diverted to a woman dressed entirely in green on the widescreen TV. Without looking, she slowly put her glass down onto the countertop, and watched the segment, a look of horrible astonishment on her face.

“Joining us today,” the reporter told the audience, “is Senator Mary Ridge ; one of the most vocal activists against the Avengers.

The audience turned their attention to Ms. Ridge, who began her speech immediately. “The Avengers are nothing but a group of vigilantes. They’re super powerful bullies that do as they please.” Her words were spite and anger, as her words blurred together with strong emotion. “They claim to have a Demi God? What happened to good ol’ Christianity?” she asked rhetorically “Captain America ? A man dressed in a flag? Come on!” Pepper’s face grew ever angrier as Ms. Ridge continued her speech. “What about a ‘former’ Russian Spy on the team? I’m sure THAT’S good for homeland security.” she then put her hand to her forehead, pretending to faint. “And don’t even get me started on billionaire drunken maniac: Tony Stark.”

With that, Tony had had enough. He whisked Pepper away from the TV “Come on,” he said, trying to pull her away, “you don’t need to see this.” Pepper smiled and winked at him. “Right, boss.”

Mary Ridge exited the interview and went straight to her limousine, not answering any questions. The quickly closed the door and leaned over the seat to the driver. She put her mouth close to his ear and whispered in it. “Tell the boss that step one is finished.” she grinned wickedly

“Initiate phase two.”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this is better than my last Avengers fic

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74

Pretty good!

Avatar image for deactivated-5afe2775b7813
deactivated-5afe2775b7813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. The title is movieverse, does that mean this takes place in the same universe as the Avengers movie?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MsMarvel22: yes, but you don't have to have seen the movie to understand what's going on (though it would help)

Though I doubt anyone on CV HASN'T seen the movie...

Avatar image for deactivated-5afe2775b7813
deactivated-5afe2775b7813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primepower53 said:

@MsMarvel22: yes, but you don't have to have seen the movie to understand what's going on (though it would help)

Okay. Just curious. I saw the movie, I was just wondering. Now I can picture the actors in it instead of it looking like a comic book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

Pretty good!

thanks be to you, my good sir! :P :D

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By X35

@primepower53 said:

Hi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X35:

Please give feedback. :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: It's the Ultimates! It's the opening few pages of the second arc where the bad Avengers assemble. Waiting for this to veer off and become something else because otherwise I can go read my trade that I have of the Ultimates...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: well to be fair, The movieverse Avengers seemed to be based more off the Ultimates....

But yeah, this is supposed to be a sort of movie version with a bit of Ultimates 2 mixed in

the Liberators will be making an appearance...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53:That's true but the opening of your story is almost exactly the comic book, sure some changed descriptions but it's The Liberators story arc, which if tied into the movieverse will kinda change coz Loki is out of the picture (or is he) but on initial reading this was reads familiar because its almost exactly the opening of the comic book

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Time_Phantom

@primepower53 said:

@batkevin74: well to be fair, The movieverse Avengers seemed to be based more off the Ultimates....

But yeah, this is supposed to be a sort of movie version with a bit of Ultimates 2 mixed in

Oh my gosh! Gonna have to keep up with this now So do we still have Black Widow doing what she does in Ultimates 2 or some variation of it? "Parachutes are for girls.” I love it! Sorry huge Ultimates fan. (more so than regular Avengers anyway)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Don't worry. This will change...this is just to introduce everything...@Time_Phantom said:

@primepower53 said:

Oh my gosh! Gonna have to keep up with this now? So do we still have Black Widow doing what she does in Ultimates 2 or some variation of it? "Parachutes are for girls.” I love it! Sorry huge Ultimates fan. (more so than regular Avengers anyway)

SAME!

I had to borrow that line. I couldn't resist.

It's gonna be a mix of The Red Zone and the Ultimates 2 vol. 2, so I can't promise to include EVERYTHING...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers