Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feebadger

7. An Unexpected Journey

Element Boy was showing off again.

Even though his powers had only recently manifested, he had mastered many of the elements of transmutation and was trying to impress Wildling, daughter of Vixen. It was working and Wildling laughed in spite of herself when Element Boy turned Steel's trousers into helium, leaving him half naked and furious. Steel's father had worked under William Magus on many of his 'Metal Men' projects and had developed a process by which living tissue could be transformed into a form of 'Living Metal.' Of course, when Eclipso possessed William Magus, Steel's father destroyed all evidence of the process and predicting what was to come, used the process on his son, ensuring his safety before Steel's father himself was swept away in the black sands, forever cast in evil. Now Steel was striding toward Element Boy, his body shifting and changing into it's liquid metal form, growing and expanding before Element Lad.

“Now, now Steel... it was just a joke, man.” Blurted Element Boy, staggering backwards, “don't make me turn you into a block of quartz!”

Living metal.” Steel smiled, quickly approaching, “Your powers don't work on living matter.”

“Alright, cut it out, you hormonal idiots.” Wildling stepped between the two , completely unimpressed. “Steel, you don't even need pants, so don't act like it bothers you. And Element Boy? You're cute, but let's face it, i'm waaay out of your league.” And with that she walked away, making sure both sets of eyes were on her every step as she left.

“She's hot.” Said Steel, breathlessly.

“She makes me feel funny in places I didn't even know I had.” Muttered Element Boy.

It was at this moment that Montez came storming through the recreation room area, his face locked in a scowl, backpack over his shoulders and possessed of a determined stride.

“Where's Montez going?”

“Don't know, Element Toy.”

“That's Element Boy!”

“Whatever.” Replied Steel, already heading for the door, “Let's find out.”

Montez had managed to escape out past the guards and had made it to the surrounding woods when he saw the ground before him turn to gold.

“And where are you sneaking off to at this time of... whatever?”

Element Boy, Montez knew before he even turned.

“None of your business, Boy.” Montez said, turning around and full of bravado, “There's just something I've got to do.”

“Drop the Macho Man act, Montez.” Said Steel, appearing up from the ground in his liquid metal form behind Montez, “We're your friends. Where you going?”

Montez thought for a moment, eyeing off the two boys before him carefully before speaking.

“I'm going to take down Eclipso.”

There was a long moment of silence as the three stared at each other.

“Serious?” Asked Element Boy, finally.

“Deadly.” Replied Montez.

“You crazy.” Laughed Steel, terrified at the idea.

“Maybe.” Montez was turning and preparing to continue, “But what's crazier, sitting around here waiting for the inevitable or heading out there and hitting them first? See you round.”

“Wait!” Shouted Steel, turning back into his human form, “You really gonna do this?”

“Don't see as how i've got a choice.” Montez turned back around with a smile on his face. “Course, could always use some help... even if that help does have lame powers.”

“I do not!” Whined Element Boy.

“Shut up, Element Brat.” Steel was running over to Montez' side, “We're in, Montez. Got to be better than Pennyworth's cooking.”

“But won't we get in trouble for this?” Asked Element Boy, following after them.

“Only if you fail.” Said a voice from the shadows of the tress above them. The three boys turned, Steel turning to his Hard Steel form, and Montez allowing the black electricity, which had been his father's gift to him to fly from his every pore. Element Boy just whimpered when a shadow fell from the branches and landed with not a sound.

It was Wildling and she was laughing.

“You idiots won't even make it out of this forest without me.” She said, sauntering toward them, “And you ain't got a chance in hell of succeeding if I don't tag along either.”

Montez walked up until they were nose to nose.

“And what makes you think that we even want you along, pussycat?”

“Oh, I don't know...” Replied Wildling with a sneer, “The quiver in your voice, the sweat on your brow and the fact that at least ONE person on this little outing should have a set of balls.”

Montez stared hard at Wildling for what seemed an eternity before bursting out in raucous laughter.

“You're in, pussycat.”

“So what now?” Asked Element Boy.

“Now?” replied Montez, turning and striding out into the forest that lay beyond, “Now we show everyone that there are still some heroes left.”

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I think Element Boy is becoming a series favourite, with an honourable mention to one fantastic entrance by Wildling. That is how you come into a story ;)