ASPECT: Eclipso - Black Sun Part 11

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

11. Send In The Empty Horses

Karrisa had never felt anything like it.

She had never dreamed that such feelings could exist. There she was, touching the very sky itself, arcing and sliding between the earth and the heavens above. Even the permanent shadow that covered the sky itself could not dampen her spirits. The ring. The ring allowed her to be connected to everything. Karrisa wondered if this is what her father felt, if all the Lanterns felt this when they put the ring upon their finger, or if it was part of the gift bestowed upon her when her father bonded his life force with the ring itself. She could feel all the energies of the world around her, all the energies of the universe coursing and pulsing, could see energy spectrum's and feel the slightest stirrings of the cosmos. She was aware; alive and wondered how she had ever existed before.

The great emerald wings that spanned from her back flowed outward, graceful and strong, pushing her onward at great speed. Karissa cast her arms out and closed her eyes, having learnt to send the mace back into the ring, waiting there to be called whenever needed, she hoped. The air was clearer up here, with the world gliding by below her, less of the black sands and she enjoyed the brief reprieve.

For very much in the front of her mind was the thought of her friends; Montez and the others who were ahead of her somewhere. They couldn't have gone far, she figured, not compared to the speed upon which her wings now carried her. She looked to the ring, wondering how she could utilise it to help find them. Did she merely think on them? Speak aloud a request? Make a wish?

Explosions. Fire and smoke billowed into the sky ahead, upon the horizon where Gotham lay.

Chaos.

“Never mind.” Karissa said aloud to herself, “Found them.”

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Aw, short and sweet, I like this one :) Really did feel like I was her, marvelling at the new powers, flying through the air in a state of awestruck wonder.

*gulps* I hope she gets there in time though :O