Ashes To Ashes (Know Thyself) chapter 15

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chapter 15 Know Thyself

A wise man once said he learned everything about life by what he heard in his travels.

He took on the peaces of many people good and bad and in that was able to solve many of the problems that came along. That wise soul was Odin god of wisdom and knowledge.

The same could be said of another wise soul whom said that if you know the past then you can figure out the future. That wise soul was Merlin and another name people called him was Loki but few people knew this.

Few people knew of his adventures in the world of humans.

Once in a while the gods grow tired and bored and they fall down to the world and they walk among them and they learn from all that comes at them.

However once in a while they forget they are simply trying to see things through human eyes , that they are trying to make themselves better by understanding the torment of the living and even the grand adventures. Sometimes they forget that they go down to improve things and in this forgetting they get upset and they tear down and they rip asunder and they break the human mind apart and we fall back to the days of old.

Tossed back in time to a day when we hid from monsters and the monsters sought us out and they devoured our courage and made the world of humans little more then animals hiding and just getting by.

Some times we still feel like we hide in caves , only the caves have doors and windows and they have driveways. The monsters have simply become other people , other people whom have forgot that life was about doing something and going places and seeking out others of like mind and being bold.

Clark and Thor and Diana walked through the fortress looking at rooms.

The fortress had expanded for those machines kept building and they kept adding things.

The old world building a home that would serve a purpose and what went through the mind of the universe on that level was a question for larger minds then myself I am simply the writer putting down and idea work with me I mean really?

Every time the portal opened I cringed at the thought of what would be coming out.

The nine realms could send out some candidates for enlistment but this was beyond crazy.

Fortress of Solitude turned into a post for those whom would police the realms and keep them safe from threats on a large scale.

I am Joseph A. Farinholt Leader of the group of people whom help the heroes and the world grow and become better.

We do many things like feed the rare endangered animals , to scan the sky for peaces of space that could hit us to training for anything that could possibly go wrong.

Today me and my companions witness it all coming together.

The ceremony was about to begin or so we hopped they had to practice it.

Bring your units to attention.....I laughed it was said over and over again.

How many times did we have to practice.

I swear it never got old.

I was blessed to be a part of a story so long it spanned generations.

World war two and the tanks coming and the me and all my guys when the shells began to fall and all of them were killed and I worked my magic and I through great courage (as others would say) did what needed to be done. A true hero they said ( a soul trying to save a family) I mourn the loss of those whom cannot be here today.

Saved that day.

The world would not let me rest but brought me back and honor me again and I look out over a unknown future and I welcome the chance to shine yet again.

I am a soldier in a army that stands up to the unknown and does not blink. It does not waiver it simply does what it has to to keep family safe.

We will train , we will endure and we will try to succeed and if we do not.

People will die.

The world or the worlds or simply a small tiny unborn child in a womb looking out to a future that should be bright but it will not be if we do not do our jobs.

The portal opens I look in and see another soldier on the rainbow bridge.

He looks back at me from his post , a post he has stood far longer then people have walked the world.

He salutes me.

I salute him back.

Soldier to Soldier.