arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Ashes To Ashes

I sit on the edge of the world as the hot winds blow over the long dead soil.

What has become of them I wonder to myself.

What has happened to the people and the animals?

More baron then mars nothing stirs on this dead world.

Earth and the ghost that walk it.

I Recall so much looking back it all whispers to me of huge tall buildings

and spaceships in orbit and all the animals in the world.

What I cannot recall is my own name or the women that stands beside me.

I cannot remember anything at all and she as well.

We walk the land of shadows and dread but it seems as if we placed ourselves here as punishment for some deed some thing that we did or failed to do.

She takes my hand in hers and I look up at her eyes and the tears falling down to hit the soil.

I have visions for a moment and they linger just outside my reach.

A town called Smallville a Girl named Chloe a Shape changer named Krypto it all fades like the earth and back to the dust it goes.

She has memories as well a island a queen a god named Zeus and then they to fade.

The heavens hold no stars in this place the world above is as dead as the earth below our feet with the waters being gone more years then anybody can ever count and in the distance a beacon a small yellow star give me light but the light is not much only a peace of something not even a glimmer of hope.

I pull her close , closer still and then I create the vortex and drill down to home and our house in this hell. Robots come and they talk but I care not to truly hear.

The sights and sounds from a world long ago one I was born on but this is not that place just a world that pays homage to one of old.

Beyond the last sunrise to the very last breath on the very last world and here we dwell down deep and we hold out.

Prisoners of hope.

In the year 2020 me and her we flew out to check on a distress signal.

The computer says all is well but I sense something else , the void stretches the world looking back is gone the light simply goes out and all the sky plunges into darkness and she takes my hand and she says we have fallen into a trap.

No distress nothing in trouble just two people led into a trap and we look and we find a single world , This world and we land here on this dead lifeless world.

She sings a song to the warrior in me and life stutters for a moment.

The trap is not set yet she says for the old god of war has ways and we will be tested before the day is out.

They pour from the depths of the dried up oceans and from the mountains and they come from space and I see in her eyes , My Diana a longing to be home a thought that nothing else could be better if we were just at home at my counter drinking something and laughing about glasses.

No place like Home I call her Dorthy and the ground shakes and the thunder rolls across a Barron landscape.

I cannot recall my words but she tells me I spoke in my native tongue that day.

My armor came to me it wrapped me in the image of a warrior from the old days and then when all was done and my honor was shown my shield was on my arm and at my side hung the family sword , a sword that had tasted demon blood a sword that had sung the battle cry on many of worlds a sword that would prefer peace but was at home in battle.

Diana shouted to her father let us do you proud father.

I bowed my head and said my own words of prayer.

Back to back we looked at our foes and they looked back and then She comes from my scabbard and the light pierces the dark and the dark cries out in pain.

Diana started a battle song and we began our year of war , our years of pain. How long ago that was I do not know but I do know that the battle wages on in my memory for all times.

Do we have it in us to escape I say to her.

In the times between waves we come here.

We seek a way out.

Chapter 2 child of Fire

In the nights when the world gives us our moments to pause.

The dust does settle over top of us the demons cannot come in and the humming noises made by the nanites makes me think of the old time engines back on a farm I once knew.

I have images of myself whom ever this person was running through the fields and a young soul running after me , I have the memory of being happy and in that memory I know I can do good things.

She comes to me in those times and for a moment all the world seems like anything can happen and we can again pretend like nothing had went wrong.

Escaping the trap proved a worthy task for we never knew when we truly broke free and world after world that we landed on they all looked the same.

Reality never bended back to normal it always took on a more harsh tone and little by little our spirits would diminish and little by little we looked at each other and we would breath a heavy sigh and our shoulders would slump and we would forget a peace of ourselves small and tiny at first then one day we had no names and the next day we simply craved the diversions that battle gave us.

I do not know when Martha showed up but my mate carried the bundle with her nursing for some time.

The robots grew food and they did chores and we did battle on but the passage of time met nothing to me nor did it to her my mate.

Then it took place for one second I was back to back with my living weapon of war and then a red flame arced from the shadows it cried out to be seen and she let out a angry cry and the legions of demons stopped and they looked and they simply seemed as amazed as the two of us.

In that second , that every brief moment of acceptance I seen my Daughter for the very first time in this hellish place and I knew that hope existed and this was what we did fight for.

She made her way between the two of us she was our firepower she let out arcs of fire and spread out a barrage of artillery that erupted and took out hordes in the distance.

When the wave was over our daughter with the red flames screaming from every pour went back to being our 10 year old child with deep blue eyes and the face that would one day look like her moms.

She collapsed into her mothers arms and then her mother fell into mine.

I did not let it show but I wondered if this hell would claim one of us before we escaped.

We would work out a plan we would escape.

Down into the fortress down into the depth of the dead world.

That night we played a game training each showing something and each teaching each other.

A team is what we were a family team.

The dents may form in the family armor but with great effort we would keep it from cracking open and a peace being torn away and taken.

Five years would pass and this time my mate had another child and he looked up and he said Father and I seen in him a name.

I was Clark and my mate was Diana and Martha our daughter and now we had another family member and his name was Zeus …...Johnathan Zeus Kent.

He looked up from his cloth held in the arms of Diana and he smiled.

Chapter 3

One Star filled night

The year 2040 they sit around the camp fires and gather warmth and they look up at the stars and wonder where the heroes went.

To many times Gothem has let the crime lords run loose and they were loose this night.

The city of Gothem was under attack crime was on the rampage and low and behold anything that would get in the way of the engine of destruction that tore and gouged the people every single moment since most of the heroes went away or died.

Wayne manner was dark and deserted all but a single soul whom prowled the grounds waited.

Who was this dark figure whom showed up after the last meteor shower.

Who was she that swept away the crime and opened doors one by one by one in the age old house.

The clown held the container in his hand letting the glowing ooze be seen by his many followers.

“what we have here “he screamed at the gang “we have a house that housed one of the most richest problems in Gothem and to nite we burn it down”

They spread out and waited for the signal and all lit the glowing fuzes and tossed them at the manor.

She screamed from the shadows as the fire refused to go anyway toward the house it rushed to embrace her it burned away her clothing it left her standing before the crazed group red flame erupting from her pours her eyes and she screamed who am I....she was not heard the clown group had run off.

They had left her to herself and alone burning bright like a star before the stone that lit up in the dark and seemed to bring some sense to all life.

Bruce Wayne

RIP

died 2005

Small drops of flames made it to the ground catching the grass on fire where they landed.

She wanted to be consumed by the fire but she knew some how that it never would touch her she simply fell to her knees and cried as she had done for the last year she was here.

What must I do she thought and her mind raced with images and they flooded over her and she could hear somebody talking.

You can do this Martha you can do it.

She was Martha she smiled and let the flames die down and dim but not go out.

She was Martha Kent and her mom was Diana Princes and they sent her to find help and get them free.

Tell nobody but Bruce Wayne they said trust nobody they told her.

She looked at the stone and she held out the container.

They knew you would be dead she whispered knew you would be dead and they said you were the only one whom could help.

She opened the container but she seen nothing come out , she was not like her father she did not posses no special vision she simply was a new breed of god ling and Kryptonian. She had her gifts and her red fire could do wonders from fire bombs to a sun tan she simply was unstoppable when she was on a roll.

Nothing happened , Martha dropped the container and cried her dark black outfit fit tight to her form she let the nanites move about shifting from one place to the next covering her.

She flew to the front doors of the manor and fazed through them going up to her room.

A year in this place big empty rooms , haunting and lonely she thought.

Where was those that would call themselves Batman after Bruce had gone? What of his legacy and would it ever matter the city was never going to try to save themselves and no one soul could do it alone.

She let the armor flow to its place by the bed as her bare form headed for the large bath.

Hot water would bring her back to life , she wished she had the robot servants from the dead world she and her family was …she stopped her chain of thought they were still trapped. Water running arms outstretches and yawn and then sinking into the hot water to forget for a moment that all the chaos she had went through.

You will forget most of your troubles they told her for no soul could endure so much and carry it out of the hell they were in.

She indeed forgot , she forgot to much and when she remembered the fighting , the training the constant fight for life.

She was drained and she fell to sleep in the warmth of the huge bath.

Images of clowns in her head , images of demons pounding on the door images of mad women and men coming to get her and hunting her in her sleep.

Martha screamed the bath water turned to steam and for one brief moment she was back on that Barron world a prisoner left to die and the dread sunk in the dark over came her making her fire go out and she fell but he caught her.

Somebody caught her and they held her and they soothed her soul and for one instant she felt safe and she whispered to her father before passing out and the night took her away.

Father she whispered...

No said Bruce...

I am not your father.

Chapter 4

My Marvel of a universe (Worthy of you)

The machine spread out tendrils and talons and started to consume the planet.

Clark and Diana stood back with Zeus and watched.

“Hell has no furry “ thought Clark

The nanites craved energy they consumed the robots they consumed the planet and they changed it all to fit the needs and the purpose before them.

Freedom must be achieve it was the source of the program.

Doorways opened and closed and opened again all in a fraction of time a millisecond to late and you would be some place you did not wish to be.

Clark looked into the wellspring of worlds and what he seen was one chance to get free.

He tossed Zeus in when the mark was coming up and then he grabbed onto Diana.

“What will your parents” say she whispered.

“Lets get home first” he said

“I am more worried about what your father will say” Clark smiled and looked into her eyes and gently kissed her lips.

Diana was lost in the moment , carried away by the tide of simply being some place other then this hell.

“we have lived this life far to long” she hugged him and then the mark came and went and they missed it by a small step to the left.

The planet below them was filled with life. Animals of all kinds ran in the fields and climbed the trees and they were happy.

Clark and Diana longed to fly down and rest in the grass and recoup from to many lifetimes trapped on a dead world.

His armor seemed to confining all of a sudden his sword hung at his side and felt like it was a curse to him.

“How long have we been gone” he said

No ship to get them home no way out of this mess for some time.

He took a peace of his cape and tossed it away from him.

“Build me a vessel” He told the small machines , knowing the nanites would do as he said.

Diana wondered what they would do in the meantime and had their son and daughter made it back as well?

They could only hope for the best.

“you may not need your combat armor here”she pointed out that he looked hostile and threatening in his suit and Superman back home needed to inspire people not scare them.

Clark smiled and took off the armor. He felt at home in a pair of jeans a t shirt and some work boots.

Diana changed into a silk dress that nothing she did could make her look less then the soul she was.

Her gold sandals seem to say she was at last in a place where she did not have to wage war.

The world around them took no notice of the ship being built before the couple as they lay in the sun.

The yellow sun was alive and well in this place for Clark never felt better his scars were leaving him his wounds closing his capacity to think became more clear.

Diana could see the structure coming to life before her eyes.

A wonder to behold a vessel from the days of Krypton a ship to search the stars a world outside a world. A relic even to Krypton for it was an explorer ship not a war ship it had one reason and that reason was to find life and make it better then it was.

Diana missed her children , she worried over them “was Mary ok she thought to herself and was Zeus getting used to full sunlight? and how was the world back home going to take them? She could not hear her father in her head so she knew that this was not her home right away. This was some place else some place close but not home.

Clark could see the after image of a being just outside of the normal vision he was observing something he was looking right at the two of them.

Clark flew up to him and stopped right in front of him.

“Hello” Said Clark”

“Hello” Said the Watcher in shock.

Diana laughed she had seen him all along and did not seem to care.

“I am here to warn you Kal-El of Krypton , your presence in this universe will shake the foundations of history” Said the Watcher

Clark looked to Diana The watcher at Diana and stepped back a look of alarm on his face “No! Not again “ The watchers eyes grew wide the energy arced from them and he vanished.

When Clark looked back to the planet he seen a great city in the distance.

The people starving the world on the verge of decay.

The animals were thin and the plant life not enough to support the people.

He could hear a couple arguing over a child.

“we must leave him or we will die” Said the women to the man.

Clark looked at Diana whom seem to hear the words as well.

The child cried and held tight to his mothers leg whom seem to try to kick him away.

This was to much for Clark and Diana they rushed to do something.

“Gor we cannot feed you” The father screamed at the boy.

Clark and Diana seemed to appear from thin air before the group.

“Gods” they screamed.

This world was still in its prime of life Diana could see the people still huddled around fires still wearing the skins of animals.

They bowed before Clark and Diana and they did not look directly at them.

Oh my said Clark.

The sky above them became as dark as night , the worlds in the distant started to go away and Clark and Diana looked at each other as if the trap was about to be sprung yet again.

The ship was far from complete the worry in his eyes showed to Diana whom had already sprung into action her armor on her sword in hand.

His sword would only come to him in moments of great evil , in times when the result would mean life or death and there was no other way.

This time his armor covered him head to toe. It produced yellow light generators that flooded each cell. The small computers knew something and they were worried.

Clark could not stand still the energy output was to great for him to do so.

Diana looked at the two beings. One dark as night vile and evil. A horror to look at and the other her Clark her Superman garments of living light it seemed. For every pour of him gave off a powerful aura of hope.

Behind her she could feel the Watcher looking at them taking notes but he was not alone there was many many more.

What had they done wrong Diana thought.

The boy below looked up at them and he smiled.

He was cheering on Clark.

He mouthed the words.

“Superman”

Chapter 5

Sword of superman

Hidden in the shadows of a shadow

Diana was almost blinded by the light Clark was producing.

The sword was at his side it amplified his powers and this worried her because at this rate he would look like a super nova when he drew his weapon.

She could see somebody behind the dark being and she sensed a greater evil then the first.

A puppet master of sorts and this dark being was just a puppet to the female in the dark.

“Who was this dark god” Diana would waste no time wondering she screamed at Clark “ Clark , Hold nothing back or he will kill you”

She removed her bracelets and let the power overwhelm her and take control.

“I see you” She was gone past Gor and striking the dark god with such force she struck the moon. The explosion made the watchers blink

“what we feared is coming to pass” they looked at each other and nodded.

Clark knew his cue and drew the sword forth from the scabbard.

The power was all at once the watchers had to shield the planet and took it and hid it inside a pocket universe.

To late to save the rest of the planets they did not survive the blast and the sun as well went nova.

The dark blade met the blade of light.

Diana and the dark god was unharmed still in motion.

“The powers here are to great” The watchers were in a trance at the motion they had witnessed this before it seems time and time again.

They knew the outcome and more of them showed up to witness it take place as the word spread through out the universe that it was indeed something to witness.

Clark needed to let out all the anger he had built up his time on the dead world , friends and family and loved ones dead to him. How was his children? Would he ever see them again and how was Earth?

The speed of the attacks increased and soon he was just a player in never ending sea of motion.

This dark being pushed him to his limits and beyond. The sword in his hand came to life. He could feel the universe all around him he knew of every planet every being and every soul. He could sense the god that Diana was fighting and he knew why he was given such a potent weapon to fight the bearer of the dark sword to end its days.

Training kicked in as he employed every tactic taught to him by his wife Diana.

He had no time to look for her but he knew she was in a fight that required all her might.

The stuff of the universe was at the whim of this female for she used it every chance she got.

Diana used her sword carving up every monster the dark lord brought out. She danced around them carved them in a silent motion that would make the god of war back home proud she was in that job.

Time stood still.

Then it happened the dark sword was shattered by the light sword , the evil goddess beheaded and gor lost his powers and died in the depths of space.

Diana was still out of control but very tired.

Clark quickly put the bracelets back on his wife and the watchers looked to each other and agreed this was not good.

They would have to talk about what to do should they let this change take hold for they already changed things when they saved the people on the planet.

They looked at Clark and Diana and noticed a ship faze into reality beside them.

The ship was nowhere near complete but the crew was know made up of all the life from the planet below. A planet no longer in this universe taken away by the watchers.

The ship still programed to save life did exactly that and saved every life on the planet.

Gor walked up to the two heroes huddled on the bridge tired and warn out.

“Thank you” Said Gor.

Clark sent the sword back into the pocket it universe on the ship but the armor he let regroup and become his clothing.

Diana looked at the boy and took his hand.

Lets go to get you some food she told him.

Gor smiled.

“while you were fighting the ship fed us and schooled us using programs I was amazed” Gor said.

He went on to show Diana all the ins and outs and changes the ship was making for his people.

He pointed out a world they were going to and then he pointed at the projection of a single planet with one single moon and he said.

“Earth and your destination”

Gor hugged Diana and whispered in her ear “I want to be a hero like you one day”

Chapter 6

A walk among the stars

I was born in captivity in a place called hell fighting for life every single day and wondering when I would escape.

I knew of no play grounds or walks in parks or simple child hood friends only the cold hands of Androids and the callus voices of teachers in class rooms.

I learned form and function in the class room a glass on chi and Ki , I learned how to conserve my power and let it flow from me like a faucet of water drip by drip by drip.

Then one day I learned that classroom life and real life are not the same.

That was the day that the ground above our heads shook and the army of demons learned to call father out by name.

Clark they screamed and he would answer , he would rise up through the tunnels faster then any eye could see and then he would wait high above them in the air and absorb as much power he could from the small sun. It was not much the star did not give him much at all. It was part of the curse , his curse was our curse and little by little it was absorbed by my cells and I heard things.

Like my Sister going through the portal things a one time chance with the power saved by many many robots over many years.

I missed Martha.

I would talk of so much with her and she would smile at me and she would say one day you will find yourself alone.

You will look back on us and all we taught you and you will understand.

I did not want to understand , Training with the group but yet my powers were not like theirs they seemed bent on taking up a new direction and that direction was of the mind and the energy of Ki and chi. I could make things grow in the soil of the dead world. I could pull forth images of the world as it was before from the air and the dead that had walked the world would stop and talk to me and they would say I was born for a reason.

So on the day they called my father out those demons and minions of a old war god.

I to went behind him , I seen them all around the horizon and they formed a line and so did my family.

They missed Martha to I could tell for my mother would cry for hours each night and my father would look at her empty room each time he passed it and get a far away look in his eye.

The large beast was such that he make me shake with fear.

It must have been a power of his.

I looked at my mother and she never once paused she simply looked for a weak spot.

The weak spot came and Father and mother vanished and they attacked.

The rumble of strikes the curse and its echo of power holding the planet together strike after strike the force to destroy the world and she said to father “be my Champion Clark and he took her hand in his and kissed her gently and said “ For all times my love , for all times”

I never did get to battle that day.

The champion of the god of war gets stronger in the presence of the god he champions.

He becomes faster and his fighting becomes more crisp his war like ways stand as a reminder to souls far and near that a true warrior is a force not to mess with.

Clark took the mantle of champion and let it shine and striking the creature for one second in all creation one split second that would mark the deal. He seamed to just shine a figure for all time , sword above the creature about to strike , life in his hands and all around them a reason to fall victim to despair. Yet for this one moment he shined.

Then they all became part of the dust again and the battle was over.

I watched them and learned to be brave.

On the day they tossed me through the portal I was filled with those idea's and when I found myself lost in the galaxy a single soul out in space.

I wanted to panic.

For one second I was above a great planet and the sunlight sunk into my cells and they did drink , I became drunk on the energy I became alive in the moment and then I started to fall and I heard the people scream in panic. They ran inside homes and shut doors and I heard them pray.

I struck the ground and they came to me and they carried me to a place I could only say must have been a medical building. I was not treated like a god or no different then anybody else.

I found myself wondering what these people were thinking.

Then I looked and seen a simple people whom only wanted to do good and I wanted to stay in this world.

I looked up and thought that I was missing something , some peace of myself.

She came to me a women.

She took my hand and she asked me if I would come home with her and help her family.

I said yes I would like that.

We left that building a year ago.

Then something happened I could not see.

We were rushed into a ship and we left and the planet died a sudden death a horrible death as a evil gods armies past by.

She looked out the portal and I heard her say DarkSeid was angry with our leader.

Father I whispered and I amazed myself.

Your memory will return my red haired companion said.

When your least expect it to it will return.

I could see myself in the window looking at the stars going past and I could see the face of my father and that face had a name.

That name was not coming to me.

That name was a mystery to me.

I looked closer at the girl next to me and she said her name again.

Maxima my name is Maxima and your name is Zeus as you call out in your sleep.

She holds my hand as we travel through space the last of her people.

She rest her head on my chest and she goes to sleep , her chaos makes mine not so bad.

My chaos if only I could remember it.

They call me Zeus.

Seventh Chapter

Silver Vain (my Cosmic Mine)

In the cold depth of space orbiting a small world and soaking up the yellow rays.

We find Norran Radd AKA The Silver Surfer his board beheath him he enjoys a much needed rest.

The planet and all its animals below him seem at peace with the universe.

The Surfer craves peace but is one being cursed to attacked conflict.

A large ship enters orbit and descends and starts smaller ships coming and going to the surface.

Aliens to the solar system making a home.

They seem peaceful and The Surfer goes back to resting.

He does not rest long for beside him he is joined by a watcher.

He tries to speak with him but the watcher ignores him.

He looks to the planet below and a women and a child are helping the settlement.

They build houses and farms and start up a farm.

The world below is changed but Norran is proud for he notices they all are in harmony with the life on the planet.

There is no polution or anger the animals benefit from the aliens coming and soon the ship leaves and the watchers look to the sky and the Surfer can see a host of beings angry and mad making their way to the planet.

His eyes flare and spark and he screams to the watcher.

The watcher a female looks at him

“yes , Surfer what do you want” She says in a cold voice.

“the people seem peaceful what could those gods want” he ask.

She looks at him then looks down on the planet and right at Gor.

“REVENGE” she says “they want Revenge for Gor in another form had killed them all in some point in history , or so he was meant to” The watcher looked right at the Surfer”

“A visitor from another dimension and his godling wife of war changed all that”

The female watcher seamed upset but this made Norran smile.

The Surfer was called a cold being of Logic but to these guys and girls it seamed the Surfer had indeed a heart after all.

He looked down to the planet and he spied the young soul they were coming to get revenge on.

A soul that had been changed and only looked for peace and to live out a normal life.

He could feel the hands of the watchers all over them knowing where to find Gor.

He felt they were trying to set things right and have him killed or changed or something even worse.

“I will not stand back and have them kill off this child” The Surfer Screamed.

Gor waited by the waters edge laying beside a large cat.

The ground shook with the cats noses of joy.

The water started to shake the trees burst into flame and the cat and Gor looked to each other and Gor jumped on the cats back and they ran across the fields.

A dark god stepped from the water as the lake burst into flames.

You cannot run Gor I will have my revenge.

Gor held tight to his knew friend the large cat was finding it hard to stay ahead of the fires.

All around them it lit up and all around them they found they could not find a safe place to run.

Then he stood before them and he grinned.

“I can be many” the dark god said the words and split into many dark beings all of them with the flames pouring out and all of them with one intent. To capture and torture Gor for all time.

Gor yelled “ I do not know you”

The Dark god looked at him and the cat growled a brave soul for a animal.

“I am not afraid of you screamed Gor”

All of the figures stopped and for one moment a look of fear came to him.

“I have no business with you Surfer” the god shouted/

The Surfer with cosmic energy sparking off his body walked up beside the boy on the cat.

He petted the huge cat.

The cat spoke to him “I knew you would return”

Norran smiled I never left I was simply enjoying the view from above.

The cat changed forms she became a beautiful women with long black hair.

Gia the goddess of the earth was traveling with the Surfer.

“the boy is under our protection she said but if you want a war we can send the signal to the Surfers master” Gia Smiled a evil smile.

The dark godling would not budge his revenge was all he wanted.

His revenge and nothing else.

It was then that he noticed something familiar about the planet he was on. Something that he should have seen when he approached this world.

The sun was no sun at all its light was the light of the devourer of worlds ship.

The one ship that could strike fear in any being.

Galactus was already here.

The dark gods fire went out.

All of his images faded away.

He looked to escape but could not his power failed him.

Gia and the surfer looked at him.

“nothing is at it seams when Galactus is involved she said.

“worlds or universes or battles or a simple planet going around a simple sun”

“leave she said while you still can and take with you all the others or the battle you crave will be given”

The dark god left as to did the watchers and all the others leaving them on one of the planets orbiting the world ship.

A young figure stepped from out of the very air itself.

“Master” said the Surfer.

“i have not been your master in a long time” said Galactus.

Gor lost sense of them and wondered back to his people.

They would be safe on one of the planets that orbit the world ship.

Nothing would dare attack it.

Gia took his hand.

}Galactus hunger has been lifted for a while” she said to Norran.

“I wonder how long we can hope to be without our Devourer of worlds:: Norran called his board.

Gia simply looked to the surfer and then took the hand of the powerful figure whom simply wanted to relax in the shade of a tree.

“even the best of us get to rest “ she said as the Surfer left and vanished into the depth of space.

Chapter 8 Not our earth

Earth loomed in the distance, no welcome home sign planted on the moon and no feeling of coming home. The Justice League did not send any messages to the ship and no Watch Tower looked down from space. Clark held on to Diana's hand as they passed the moon and descended down to the earth.

They had talked about how they would deal with this earth , this place once they arrived.

Set up the fortress up north and from there watch and see how different the world was.

So far things were extremely violent from the first encounter with Gor.

They wanted to relax and just let things unfold. Diana said it would be easy for her but she felt Clark could not just sit back and let things go without doing anything.

The bet was on and the winner got free back massage for a year.

Diana laughed she new she was going to win and as added incentive she said she would even clean the fortress.

Down through the clouds and settling into a home way in the ice cold north. Then the machines got busy masking there presence and expanding.

The world was going through a troubled time. Earth quakes and riots and but Clark simply watched from the safety of the fortress and Diana laughed every time he watched the hero's on the screens.

“I like this one here , or that one needs work or wow she is fast. So many screens all going at one time watching it all Clark stood back and just paced the floor.

They stopped and looked at each other.

“Bets are off” They both said, but they made a deal that they had to work in secret using only super speed to help the hero's.

They dressed as any bystander bland to fit in.

Diana could look like the old women or Clark look like the old man or even the couple standing in the midst of teens. Just two faces in the crowd do to the armor they employed it.

The push was on to force those whom would stand up and fight evil to register and in that push Clark and Diana chose to support the side of the hero. The soul whom would risk it all to prevent the death of another or stop the villains before they did more harm.

The registration act was a short lived bill on the agenda for those whom apposed it did so in the open unafraid to speak up for the hero that had risked it all to defend them.

A small voice in a group roared like lions and the lions would be heard.

On the steps of the white house lawn an angry president shook his fist at the mutants and made war on them.

Nobody is safe he said as long as Mutants were allowed to roam free without anybody to govern them.

Clark and Diana had once stood on those very grounds and shook hands with the president.

He said that a Hero was always welcome to guard the world and keep it safe from evil.

That was another world he thought , that was another time in a world far way.

Sometime a hero has to wear a mask and sometimes a hero has to blend in and be a hero to others that choose to put on the mask.

The problem in life was finding out who was the hero and who was the villain.

A women seemed to always be present in all they did she smiled on them.

The fates whispered to this goddess of Luck that it was these two whom had saved her from the god slayer. She trailed them to repay the kindness , just another face in the crowd.

A Darker Knight Chapter 9

Martha awoke to a clean Wayne manor with no cob webs and no sign it was ever left abandoned.

How long had she slept she wondered.

A full staff could be heard making rounds singing songs cleaning and cooking and doing all the things a rich persons staff would do.

Martha was used to Androids and they seldom sung or hummed a single note yet alone a song.

When she questioned one of the staff they simply said she had been out for over a month and that Bruce wanted only good vibes around her in case she woke up.

Her screamed echoed daily through the large place yet she would not come out of the nightmare state she fell into.

Little by little the place found itself and little by little the world of Gotham would find crime and those whom would commit the acts a little more afraid.

Martha looked out at the lights in the gardens and wrapped the blankets tight around her.

Living plants amazed her yet alone the sounds of song birds , the sounds of people and the word hope and it really being possible.

He was back on his routine a nightly game of stop the devil before he acts.

She started that game herself , highly motivated by the need to stop the demons before they attacked it was her second nature.

Martha stood up showing all the world her birthday suit as the armor came to her and wrapped her in its cold embrace.

Then the red flame came and she was gone a red blur of motion with fire trails behind her.

Batman was on one of the meaner streets of Gotham his need to get back in the action blinded by just how bad the action had become.

They came from every corner , every home and all the city had seemed to have tasted the blood the bat and they wanted more.

“We will send you back to the grave” One of them screamed the words his stature larger then the rest he tossed a truck toward Batman.

Batman dodged the truck but it was followed by a large gas tank.

The tank exploded.

Bruce found himself up in the air looking down held up by Martha.

They dropped like stones in the middle of the most hard core of the bunch.

Not even taking the time to look over at Batman she began to fight.

“Pain technique followed by more pain” she said.

Batman was hard pressed to keep up.

She was in her zone ever slowly being drawn back to the ghost world ever more slowly her strikes becoming almost deadly.

Batman screamed her name as a large one flew from the street and crumpled like a rag doll barely holding onto life.

“Marthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” found herself in a sea of emotions again anger welling up afraid to be trapped she grabbed Bruce and they were gone a red blur of fire picking up speed and not slowing down.

“Calm down Martha we are safe , You are home safe” Bruce almost panicked himself but that would not be any help to Martha at all.

Martha found her pace and turned back toward the action but the streets were clear with no sign of a struggle. Taking down the largest guy had the effect of at least for a bit cleaning the streets.

They climbed into his bat mobile and headed for home.

Bruce would tell that Martha had little mercy for evil. She was trained to take advantage of weakness when it showed itself or you may not get another chance.

Real life if you missed your mark you could be killed and in her prison where she had spent all her life.

No mercy could be given.

Here she had to learn mercy and the need to try to save a soul.

Bruce hoped he could show her , guide her , help her grow before she became like him.

He drove in silence.

She did not mind for she was used to the still humming of machines.

A Darker Knight Chapter 9

Martha awoke to a clean Wayne manor with no cob webs and no sign it was ever left abandoned.

How long had she slept she wondered.

A full staff could be heard making rounds singing songs cleaning and cooking and doing all the things a rich persons staff would do.

Martha was used to Androids and they seldom sung or hummed a single note yet alone a song.

When she questioned one of the staff they simply said she had been out for over a month and that Bruce wanted only good vibes around her in case she woke up.

Her screamed echoed daily through the large place yet she would not come out of the nightmare state she fell into.

Little by little the place found itself and little by little the world of Gotham would find crime and those whom would commit the acts a little more afraid.

Martha looked out at the lights in the gardens and wrapped the blankets tight around her.

Living plants amazed her yet alone the sounds of song birds , the sounds of people and the word hope and it really being possible.

He was back on his routine a nightly game of stop the devil before he acts.

She started that game herself , highly motivated by the need to stop the demons before they attacked it was her second nature.

Martha stood up showing all the world her birthday suit as the armor came to her and wrapped her in its cold embrace.

Then the red flame came and she was gone a red blur of motion with fire trails behind her.

Batman was on one of the meaner streets of Gotham his need to get back in the action blinded by just how bad the action had become.

They came from every corner , every home and all the city had seemed to have tasted the blood the bat and they wanted more.

“We will send you back to the grave” One of them screamed the words his stature larger then the rest he tossed a truck toward Batman.

Batman dodged the truck but it was followed by a large gas tank.

The tank exploded.

Bruce found himself up in the air looking down held up by Martha.

They dropped like stones in the middle of the most hard core of the bunch.

Not even taking the time to look over at Batman she began to fight.

“Pain technique followed by more pain” she said.

Batman was hard pressed to keep up.

She was in her zone ever slowly being drawn back to the ghost world ever more slowly her strikes becoming almost deadly.

Batman screamed her name as a large one flew from the street and crumpled like a rag doll barely holding onto life.

“Marthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” found herself in a sea of emotions again anger welling up afraid to be trapped she grabbed Bruce and they were gone a red blur of fire picking up speed and not slowing down.

“Calm down Martha we are safe , You are home safe” Bruce almost panicked himself but that would not be any help to Martha at all.

Martha found her pace and turned back toward the action but the streets were clear with no sign of a struggle. Taking down the largest guy had the effect of at least for a bit cleaning the streets.

They climbed into his bat mobile and headed for home.

Bruce would tell that Martha had little mercy for evil. She was trained to take advantage of weakness when it showed itself or you may not get another chance.

Real life if you missed your mark you could be killed and in her prison where she had spent all her life.

No mercy could be given.

Here she had to learn mercy and the need to try to save a soul.

Bruce hoped he could show her , guide her , help her grow before she became like him.

He drove in silence.

She did not mind for she was used to the still humming of machines.

Chapter 10 (Lost Treasures)

Johnathan Zeus looked out the portals to the ship in pursuit.

They were one of many ships but this one ship was larger then some moons.

The perademons inside the ship were ready to strike.

Maxima took his hand and pulled him inside the transporter of the vessel.

“You better be as strong as I think you are Zeus”

Then they stood on the hanger deck of the huge vessel.a

“worry about yourself he told her I got me covered you do you”

She laughed out loud and that drew the attention of the Perademons.

They both wore armor that looked like skin but was not.

Zeus used the Ki to extend his field of power and he became one with the flow of chi.

They had never worked together but for some reason the fight started out with them both striking the same soldier knocking him back into a row of them and they both took separate side.

These were his elite soldiers and soon they became blurs in motion and the pace picked up.

Sparks of interest by the higher chain of command and then one mighty blow later he was hit so hard he punctured the side of the vessel and found himself out in space.

Still powered and one motion later he avenged himself and the powerful perademon was struck more times and hit more times and flew through the other side of the ship.

Maxima employed the same tactics only she every know and again used a weapon , a vortex grenade or a Seismic bomb. She was on an assault mission to save her people.

An army of her people appeared around them and they continued onward.

The bomb rolled down the hallway creating a shrapnel twister cutting down almost of of her troops.

Just one soldier remain untouched and very upset.

“My last day is a month from today he screamed and I will not go out so easy”

Maxima looked at her brother and scolded him.

Some place on-board of the ship they would find the dark god himself and then what will they do.

Maxima looked at him, “ we are just here to disable the ship”

They placed the bomb and were gone in a sparkle of light.

Zeus had a bad feeling that would not work.

The ship and all on board was sucked inside a boom tube at the very same time DarkSeid had opened a boom tube as well.

The resulting explosion pulled Maxima and Zeus with the war warld and then they were out in open space again.

Mother , he felt the presence of his mother far away but here.

And worse yet there before them still strong with millions of parademons on board was Darksied wanting to destroy all life still and rule all creation.

Zeus had his armor cover him for space travel and maxima did the same.

Could they get to earth before the huge ship.

The boom tube opened before them and on the other end was a great blue world of wander with clouds of white and Zeus smiled. He had never seen it before but he knew Earth when he seen it. The Earth that his father and mother were on.

The world would never know what hit them.

Chapter 11 Villains and heroes

I wish I could say I seen everything.

I would be wrong for the gods do play tricks and sometimes a battle does not mean swords but the tricks of the mind are endless.

There was an endless night when the demons came and they fell from the sky like rain drops and chaos found us and we fell by the blade but the blade was our own.

The War world blocked the sun , the light went away and the darkness fell on us all.

I took them with me and we closed our eyes and opened our minds eye.

Show me what could be I said.

The light shown from my staff the world went into slow motion.

Thor or the female known as Thor tossed her hammer at the dark planet only to have the night swallow it and she was without a weapon.

A force left her in space without a way to breath.

Thor the son of Odin and all the other avengers looked to the planet and the endless pouring of ships.

How do you battle when your foe is so many.

How the Xmen waited on the ground and the mutants came but the battle would come to them.

The sky rained blood that day.

Lightning raged as Thor cast out from his hands and from the very sky itself such a barrage that even Tesla would be afraid.

Thor called on his powers over Earth an over the waters his powers just warming up.

Zeus Kent and Maxima struck blow after blow but the river of enemies never slowed down.

Professor Charles tried his tricks of the mind only to find it back fire on him and the witches were ready for him as he screamed out in pain.

This dark god was not alone he was ready for anything.

Spiderman webbed demon after demon and they fell to the ground he to was a such a sight to see that day. The Four on the top of the headquarters waited for a signal from Reed he felt something was wrong.

Thor himself stopped and looked down. , the people he was fighting and the ones they were protecting.

Something was wrong he heard the cries of people dying and he heard the whispers from the dark and they were not good whispers.

All around he seen fires and burning of the ships of the dark god but when he looked closer and opened up the true sight of his birth right he found that no demon ship burned no demon at all was dead it was all people and buildings and they were destroying the world peace by peace by peace.

The dark lord had found a way to fool all the world into destroying themselves.

Illusions of the mind and before Thor could say a word nukes went out and governments panicked and all was dead below him. The dark god did not have to fire a single shot or lose a single Perademon.

He looked out at Thor and the female Thor floating in space no sign of life.

He turned and walked into the ship and a boomtube opened up and they left the dead Earth behind them.

All this happened in the blink of an eye.

They say some things are games of chess far more complex then anybody can handle.

Move after move after move.

Some even say God and the Devil play such a game.

This game played on so large a field with so many peaces.

“They call me Galactus and I play such a game” I revive the fallen female and place let the false earth fade away , minds where fooled that day but only one mattered and that was the dark god that had come that day to play chess.

I looked over a blue and white earth and took Gia by the hand.

“As I said safe and sound”

She smiled at me and left the earth to the hero's.

Some place out in the galaxy Mjolnir made her way back to earth.

Some things even I could not change.

Chapter 12 Pause My world

I sit in the fortress with some of the worlds greatest heroes around me..

They look at footage of them in action and they want to talk but me and Diana stop them.

Just let us finish our presentation for it has been a very long time in the making.

Thor steps back and refreshes his mead. He cannot help but look at the room and all its wonders.

A 3 demensonel image shows every hero act that has taken place since Clark and Diana had come to the world. It shows how many times a hero saved somebody but it shows how many times a hero did not save somebody and could have.

They are in shock and they want to talk but do not.

Some even are in shock at how many times so called villains step up and save the day.

From venom to Doc Ock and the list goes on and on and on.

It shows the world effected by weather and by traffic accidents and it shows the day to day life of every day people saving lives and putting everything into it and sometimes they fail and sometimes they die.

Some cry some get angry and some want to leave but Clark makes them wait and when all of it is said and done he lets them talk.

Thor is humbled for he knew all of this his life had been so long he has seen so much but still humbled and the female with the hammer whom for the moment calls herself Thor as well. She thinks of family and sees faces and understand the fragile bond with the living world we each hold.

She to is without words.

Spiderman and Scarlet Spider both vow time and a hand in helping they say lets form a team.

They look to Superman and Bruce Banner puts his hands in as both hero and adviser and a team is born.

To help save lives and to reinvent the word hero. To lift up others when they fall down and above all else to not make people feel like the one doing the helping is more important then the souls being helped.

They tried to come up with a name for the group but Clark simply told them wait.

Let the people name you.

The world should see us as still the hero that was doing the job before.

A group filled with people.

Still a part of a larger world.

We will still have a large force of normal people doing the job first but if they fail we step up and if it is truly a job for us then we go in.

The world has to have the chance to fall down.

Zeus smiled at his parents to be a part of something larger then yourself. This was what they wanted and then they also wanted to go back home. Diana promised the team that they would let the fortress stay where it was when they left. They would stay just long enough to see the team settle in and then one day they would simply be gone and let the team on its own. One day the world will do the same and the team will expand and just be people helping people.

Thor looked to the table with the images frozen above it.

One such image was himself simply taking a old women to the hospital.

A hero and those he helps.

Tony Stark was hard pressed but he gave into the group as well.

No more talk of registration was brought up.

Some place out in space a dark god still stalked the land of the living.

He placed spies on the world and began a campaign to turn brother against brother and friend against friend.

The peaces were just starting to move.

The game was in full swing.

Some place in another universe the old god of war had found out the prisoners had escaped.

He sent out the hounds to bring them back , he sat in his castle throne all around him his minions.

Revenge was on his mind and not much else.

Spying a couple through his second sight was Bruce Wayne and Martha Kent.

She was related to his enemy and the hounds made a path to bring her and whom ever was with her down.

Aries smiled as he watched the world of humans.

Chapter 13 unlucky in love

Bruce Wayne looked at the man in the mirror.

His face was young again , his muscle tone back and every portion of his body seemed to echo warrior.

In the absence of the god of war her second will assume a temporary partnership.

Martha's figure was outlined in the shower her figure lured him in and made him want to go back.

No time for seconds he thought , no time for falling for somebody when they could just die or walk away.

Bruce looked at the reflection in the mirror.

He could hear the whisper in his dreams.

“Champion , Will you be my champion?”

He woke up to screams but he was amazed he feared nothing but that one thing. Commitment was his deepest fear.

This dark figure in the shower spooked him more then anything.

So much like himself so much the warrior and so little a love for words her actions spoke for her.

“Will you be my champion?” Her words echoed in his mind , her words haunted his dreams.

Bruce Wayne never wanted to keep somebody safe so much in all his life.

She went out to protect the city every night with him or without him and she was the light in any shadow she burned the fear out of him.

The hounds found them three days ago and they were not dogs or wolves but the champions of old the minions of an angry powerful god.

They broke down the gate , they rushed up the drive and when they were at the door and crashed open the large double faced manor doors she whispered the words again.

“Will you be my champion”

“Yes” , he replied in a whisper only heard by the angels , only heard by the beings that give the powers of the one and only protector of a half god.

Had he known the results that would come of such an answer he may not have said yes.

When the power went out and all his staff stopped moving and they shut themselves up in safe zones.

Bruce could see them in the dark , he could hear them all throughout the manor.

When one of the dark minions hit him he simply looked at him and countered blow for blow.

She was unaware she still slept in the huge king size bed , her soul reaching out her being trying to find a protector and she found one in Bruce Wayne. She found him and for once in all his life he was happy.

He smiled in the dark passageway and the smile scared the hounds.

They had thought the human would scare at the sight of them. They were wrong , they were very very wrong.

They had to regenerate in the afterworld and Bruce and Martha went on a vacation traveling around the globe. He used an excuse about business and getting back in the game. He told people he was his grandson but they truly did not care just so somebody kept them in gossip and money was good.

The truth was he wanted to get to know this soul whom brought him back , this soul whom on one level made him her champion , on another level had no idea she had the power to do so.

She fell for him and the third day out and over many months of fighting side by side.

He married Martha Kent.

So he stands in the Mirror looking at himself and he worries what ever his powers be it faster or stronger or sight that can see the dead.

They will never be enough to keep the people he loves safe.

He tells himself to put the past back in the grave for he spent one lifetime alone and will not do so again.

Never again will he let the world live life and he simply watch it.

So two shadows become one and the world goes on.

Bruce and Martha Wayne.

Both Unlucky in Love but two people can do better then one.

Chapter 14

My lucky reunion (sifting through the ashes)

I have walked the shores of worlds only dreamed of in some writers imagination.

Seen the warriors come together and shed blood with the brightest and best of souls.

Today I walk through the doors in the fortress and we escape into the many worlds of Asgard and the 9 realms. A land of giants and fire lords and a land of the dead and the vile. Legions of things that make you wish you never turned out the light at night and some you wish you had never seen during the day.

I am Thor son of Odin and the lion of Asgard.

They walk with such pride I am reminded of myself in another time and it feels like another life.

Another me and I miss the old days.

I look over at Sif and she glances back at me.

We have known such things as the life of battle and the giants and the deep freeze that came to the battle field and then the screams from those same giants as the demon Surter had unthawed them and they began to burn.

They cried out save me and I did so but did they remember my deeds , nay saytith I they did not.

I longed to look into the eyes of my lady and she could see the sorrow here in mine but the universe always seem to come first. She waited and she waited.

Then she was gone.

She was no place to be found and so I searched the world and the 9 realms and nothing.

I went beyond the realms and when I found her she simply said.

“Did you bring me ale?”

I had one thing to say to that.....I pulled out the hand made cask of never ending ale made by the best of dwarfs and I poured us a pint and we sat back and we did look at all the gates and all the hell we would have to fight through to get home.

“where is your hammer Thor?” she asked me and I just shook my head and said.

“Am I any less a god without my hammer? Am I less a warrior because Mjolnir is not on my side?”

Sif hugged me and said nothing.

So we go back through the portals through the doorways to lost worlds and we show them that Thor is still a power to keep them safe , that Thor is still the one that lets the children sleep at night and that his arm , his thunder as it echoes over the hills and down into the valleys.

Will always be a reminder that the 9 realms is safe under his watch.

A solder of Odin’s , the son of Odin and the god of Thunder.

We make our rounds one of many to come and the soldiers of life march across the realms and portal after portal and many many months later we make it back to Asgard and the realm eternal.

I look at Clark and Diana and I notice somebody I had not noticed in our group a goddess that I have not seen in hundreds of years and we all thought dead.

I gather her to me and she is shocked I seen through her mask.

Our luck , our love of laughter and cheer. She is like a sister to me and we laugh when she does see that I remember her.

“How long have you been with them”

She whispers in my ear that she had been hidden in shadow for almost two years.

That a soul named Gor had killed many of the gods and even had hurt Thor himself and worse.

That the universe was a far cry more complex then it was before.

I told her that the secret would stay with me till I died and then died again.

The goddess of luck and love walking among us.

Odin would smile on us he would welcome us into the gates for she was his long lost sister.

We walk the walk of a million miles.

The ages pass the world turns on.

A thousand battles waged.

The historians write many pages.

I take the hand of a bride.

Unite the realms.

They join my side.

Odin tells sad tales.

I am not the hero you think..

In the world of Asgard two souls love one.

She enchants me and the world is not the same.

Looking out over the kingdoms.

Each day a sight to see.

Complete in each sun rise a new adventure awaits us.

One thing is certain we must get ready to fight the dark god again and this time a simple illusion will not do the trick.

DarkSeid makes ready for war and this time he will be better prepared and so thus will the forces of ours. The 9 realms will never be safe as long as he is out waiting for a chance to strike.

I look at Odin and ask if he can see him and he nods his head and says Nay , for he is not from this universe or the 9 realms and even as we talk Odin knows that the rules of the universe have been broken and nothing will ever be what we expect.

The world will be filled with surprises and then he grins and prepares our people for war.

“Some battles we look forward to fighting is it not out way my son?”

In the darkness I know the dark god met up with Thanos and they are finding others to take on the forces that we have amassed.

We will forge on and we will stand ready.

So saith Thor.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By arthurkerr

One way to be sure the world is safe...keep it frozen in time never changing always the same.

Or is that food.

You just have to ask.

hidden chapter 7 only found here.