Ashes of the Four - a Fantastic Four fan(tastic)fiction!

Avatar image for fantasticmrinvisibletorchthing
FantasticMrInvisibleTorchThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fantastic Four #1

“Ashes of the Four”

Page 1:

Panel 1:The Baxter Building. Sunlight is gleaming off of it’s columns of windows, and heavy traffic is below.

Caption (orange): It was maybe three days b’fore it happened, when we got th’ first cloo. Well… when Reed did.

Panel 2:Ben Grimm (The Thing) standing in the kitchen, wearing a pink apron and white chef hat, holding a frying pan. Put Johnny Storm (The Human Torch), dressed casually, at an angle where Ben does not see him pointing his iPhone at him, grinning.

Johnny: Oh that is SO the Internet’s next greatest meme.

Caption (orange): Just a… just a normal day. Turnin’ out ta’ be not so normal ‘n the end.

Ben: C’MERE, MATCHSTICK! GIMME THAT PHONE, I’LL GIVE TH’ INTERNET IT’S NEXT BEST MEME: MY FOOT ‘N YER-

Panel 3: Susan Richards (Invisible Woman, also dressed casually), holding a sleeping Valeria in her arms. She is standing in the doorframe as Ben has Johnny pinned up against the wall. Her face is twisted into an expression of annoyance.

Susan: BOYS! Val is still-

Ben (off-panel): Suzie, he started it!

Panel 4:Ben’s hand is pressed up against the wall, with little pieces of iPhone falling out from beneath the hand. Johnny has a cocky smirk.

Ben: ‘N now I FINISHED it.

Johnny: Doesn’tmatteralreadyuploadeditbye!

Caption (orange): I like ta’ try ‘n remember all th’ good moments b’fore th’ bad happened, y’know? Ev’n th’ moments with that brat Johnny. Much as he grinds m’ gears, I loved him. I’d die fer him.

Panel 5:Johnny is running out of the kitchen and Sue is standing next to Ben, both have their heads turned to look at Johnny run away. Ben is also still holding the frying pan.

Ben: … breakfast is ready.

Page 2:

Panel 1:

CAPTION:
LATER THAT DAY, NOON

Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) is sitting at his desk, diligently pouring over his notes, writing something down (Dressed in his Mr. Fantastic costume). The room he is in is huge, the walls are lined with technology that would make our jaws drop in awe.

Caption (orange): I ain’t quite fer sure what time Reed first got th’ cloo, but I…

Caption (blue): think it means something horrible is about to happen. Should I tell my family? No, I must keep this confined to myself, and my notes. There’s no need to worry them when I can fix it.

Panel 2: Reed Richards is looking at something off panel, and now holding a tape recorder to his mouth. He is covered in a tinted light blue glow, his expression is a mixture of awe, confusion and worry.

Reed: I only have a vague idea of it’s origins. Though, I suspect that magic or anything supernatural at all is absent. To confirm it, I fear I must bring someone into the loop. I trust only Doctor Strange, but, however, I feel that right now it is of no importance. It’s origins will come later, for now, I must figure out it’s final purpose.

Panel 3: We see a blue orb of swirling fire in mid air. The blue is almost white-ish.

SFX:Screaming.

Reed: I believe I am the only one that can hear the sounds this orb creates. I also believe it to be my family, screaming. Additional observation: It is heard only when directly looked at. Perhaps this orb serves as an ominous warning…

Page 3

Panel 1:
Susan is in their bathroom, giving Valeria a bubble bath. Valeria is reaching out to her Mother with a big, gaping grin on her face. Susan has her face covered in bubbles, and Valeria has a little hat of bubbles.

Susan: Raindrops keep falling on my head, they keep falling on my head… doo-da-doo-dadoodadoo… or in this case, it’s bubbles. Val, try and stay OUT of Uncle Ben’s breakfast. It’s a bad idea to actually try and CLIMB his “Leaning Tower of Pancakes”. Okay?

Panel 2:Reed Richards is now standing closer to the orb, about 15 feet. He still has the tape recorder, and his free hand is outstretched to the orb, only five feet away.

SFX: Screaming.

Reed: I am now about to attempt contact with the orb. The screaming still persists relentlessly. I believe I saw their faces in the orb, but I am now putting that off as a trick of the light. Yes… a trick of the light…

Panel 3:Reed’s hand is just about to touch the orb.

Caption (orange): When did we truly mess up? I dunno. I been thinkin’ that maybe we never did, ‘n that we made all th’ right choices, heroes till th’ end. But if we really wuz heroes to the end, none of what is now woulda ever been.

Panel 4:Johnny is laying on the couch in their living room, watching TV. The arm that is not outstretched holding the remote is held high, casually sustaining a constant flame just above his fingers. Franklin is sitting in front of the couch, watching TV with him.

Panel 5:Ben is back in the kitchen, hunched over and digging around in the refrigerator. He’s now in his regular blue pants.

Ben: JOHHNY DID YA EAT MY LAST PACKET OF HOT POCKETS OH I’M GONNA KLL YA YA FRIGGIN’-

Panel 6: Susan is now holding Valeria, who is wrapped in a towel. Susan is walking into Valeria’s room to get her dressed.

Susan: You silly girl, Mommy loves you SO much.

Page 4:

Panel 1 (full page):Reed Richards is still standing the distance he was back on PANEL 2, PAGE 3, and his hand is now fully stretched over the orb, grabbing it. The orb’s light blue glow has doused the room in it’s eeriness, leaving everything untouched by it in shadow.

SFX:Screaming.

Reed: I am now touching the orb. Nothing has happened so far, but I have discovered that it is extremely cold and gaseous. It’s like I’m holding chunks of space itself. The screams have increased their volume. I have to fight the urge to run and check on my family by reminding myself there is no need. My family is not in danger. I must remain here and make sure it stays that way.

Page 5:

Panel 1:

CAPTION:
EVENING

Reed Richards is back at his desk, writing down his notes. The light blue glow is still there but we do not see the orb, just it’s glow over everything in the room.

Caption (blue): It’s been hours, hours of failure. I have many more tests for it, but for now I believe it is time to see my lovely wife and children.

Panel 2:Reed Richards is now standing up, on his way to the door. The glow seems fainter.

Panel 3:Reed is now at the door, and the glow is just barely there, almost non-existent. Reed does not notice.

Panel 4:The living room. Johnny and Franklin are still in the exact same position as earlier, and now Sue, Valeria and Ben have joined them. Ben is confined to the chair by psychic shackles.

Ben: Suze, this really isn’t necessary ‘nymore. I promise I won’t clobber ‘im.

Sue: No.

Ben: Lemme outta these, please?

Sue: No, Ben.

Johnny: “Pwease, Mistress Suzie, ah be a good boy pwease lemme out-“

Panel 5:Johnny’s eyes are wide with shock as there is now a psychic bubble formed on his mouth, preventing him from making any noise.

Sue (off-panel): You’re BOTH in time out.

Panel 6:Reed enters the living room with his arms out stretched, and smiling. But he looks weary.

Reed: Good morning, everyone.

Ben: Yer about 12 hours late on that one, Stretch-O.

Franklin: Twelve hours? Lord Of The Rings really sucks the day away…

Unknown voice: I wouldn’t know.

Page 6:

Panel 1 (full page):
Doctor Doom is standing in their kitchen doorway, his arms crossed over his chest and glaring at them. The Spot is sprawled out at Doom’s feet, and the orb from Richard’s lab is hovering behind Doom.

Doctor Doom: You are in over your head, Richards. Truly.

THE END.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

"Valeria has a little hat of bubbles."

"Valeria has a little hat of bubbles."

It's too cute. I can't think.

Avatar image for jackson_hartley