Asguardian, Chapter one

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By TypingKira

ALL CHARACTERS, SETTINGS, AND IDEAS BELONG TO MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. I'M JUST THE KID WRITING THE FANFICTION. BUT ANTHY IS MINE.  

I'm not fat. I'm not fat, and I'm not skinny, but I am 'shapes'. If I had it my way, which I don't, I would so look like that Emma Frost chick on the news. I think she's a psychic, something like that. Maybe if I didn't have this stupid orange soda thing, I wouldn't be 'shapes', I'd be 'shapely'.

I slurped lazily from the white bendy straw as I looked towards Asgard Way. The people of this town gave the little dirt road that name because of the huge, shining metropolis that used to hover just above the ground, about 20 or so feet from the green Oklahoma grassland.

Of course, after it was pretty much totalled last month, it's tall, shining towers are currently under construction. You can thank the Sentry for that, when he comes back from his vacation at the center of the sun.

Do I think the Sentry will return? Of course I do!

Do I think the Void will return?

No.

At least, it better not.

Still, it's floating again, and I was INSIDE it when Thor made it fly once more. I met Captain America, and the guy who used to be Bucky, shook Tony Stark's hand. Yes, he is very handsome in person. They all are.

“Anthy!”

I looked down to see Mrs. S, who ran the boarding house just down the street. “Your ma called, said your book came in today and that she'd send it along soon!” she called to me.

“Awesome!” I shouted back, rolling off the eaves of my house and scared mrs. S as my feet landed on the ground with a loud thump!

“Land sakes, child, you'll break your neck if you keep that up.”

I giggled as I turned and looked at her. Her blue eyes, magnified by her thick reading glasses, stared at me with a puzzled look. She remembered what I'd looked like as I'd been lowered to the ground by an exhausted Thor.

By the way, I'd looked like crap.

“It's been a month, Mrs. Sooner, I'm fine! I used to jump offa stuff all the time.”

“Yes, well. . . haven't you noticed it?” she asked.

“Huh?” I said, tilting my head to the side.

“Well. . . Anthy, I think everyone in town's taken notice of it. You're. . . you're so much more graceful than you used to me. You could have tripped over a flat surface before. Now, well, you're rolling off roofs and I haven't seen you trip. . . at all in the last month.”

“Is that bad?” I asked, seriously thinking about it. How come I hadn't noticed this?

“No! No, not at all, it's just strange timing and all. Lately seems like folks in this town don't have any reason not to believe in odd things happening. Not anymore, anyway,” she added, looking towards the city. A loud boom rang out, but we were used to that by now.

“Wonder why that is?” asked a familiarly open, friendly voice.

“Dr. Blake!” I called, and the image of Thor popped into my head. I understood that there was Thor, and that there was Don Blake, and that they were different people. But I couldn't help it.

“Hello there Dr. Blake,” said Mrs. Sooner. “How are you today?”

“Fine, thanks. Say, Anthy, think I could talk to you for a sec, if you aren't busy?”

Mrs. Sooner shooed me off, and I walked down the street with the doctor. “What's up?” I asked, glancing at the walking stick he always carried.

Mjolnir.

“Is something going on?” he asked me, his face no longer the kind and friendly doctor, but a serious one.

“No,” I said. “Why?”

I could tell he was thinking about what Mrs. Sooner had said. “No reason,” he remarked.

“Is it about Thor? Or the Asgardians?”

“No. it's about you. But. . . well, mrs. Sooner has a point. You've changed since. . . y'know.”

“I want to talk to him.

Don sighed and ran his hands over his pale hair. “Anthy. . . come on. You know you can trust me.”

“I do, doc, but that doesn't change my mind. I want to talk to him.

“Fine. To to Asgard, and wait. Tonight. Seven.”

So at seven, I waited, sitting on top of my car, playing Die Zombie Die and listenign for the telltale peal of thunder that meant that Don was gone and Thor was—right in front of me.

“I must like this game more than I think. . .” I muttered as I saved my place and closed my Nintendo.

“You did not appear to even notice the thunder. Pray, why have you sought me?” he asked, his voice low like a base.

“I wanted to know if anyone's seen any sign of the Sentry. Or if Norman Osborn's been--”

Thor sighed, never a good sign. “Anthy, we have spoken about this, many times. Nothing has happened. I have promised to tell you first if something were to happen.”

I rolled my eyes and pulled my sweater closer around me. “I'm sick of this. Sick of not knowing what's gonna happen next. Of what. . . of who the Sentry will shred next.”

Thor rested his huge hand on my tiny shoulder. “So do we all. But the Sentry is gone and Norman Osborn has gone into hiding, for now. Anthy, you mustn't live in fear. But in order to do so, you mustn't think of danger. Only of your life and what exists around you.”

I sighed and nodded.

“Now, Donald has told me that there have been. . . changes in you since the Siege of Asgard. Is this true?”

“I don't know,” I said irritably. “I wish people would stop talking about it. It's not that important.”

“Anthy, if Donald is worried about these things, then I am not willing to let them pass so easily. Especially if they relate to Asgard. Tell me, you know you can.”

“I guess. . . I don't trip anymore. And I always land on my feet. And. . . I've been dreaming.”

“Does this dream come before or after the dream of the Sentry?”

“Always after. Why, is that important?”

“It could be. Dreams are never to be ignored. Do these dreams trouble you?”

“No. . . but. . . they're weird. Have you ever had a flying dream—nevermind, that's a stupid question, you can fly. But they're like that, where I can fly, and I see. . .”

“See?”

I hesitated. Would he understand? I mean, he has thousands of years of experience with weird dreams. It was a dream that predicted his brother Balder's death. It was a dream that told him how to bring his people back. It was a dream when he became Doc Blake.

“Nevermind.”

Thor hooked Mjolnir through his belt and crossed his arms. “Anthy, if you are not going to speak to me, then I have no reason to be here. I am needed elsewhere, with the Avengers.”

A question popped into my head then, and changing the subject quickly, I asked, “can I go to Asgard? Like, inside it?”

“You are welcome to, if you desire. No doubt you will be remembered by those you saved.”

“Or if I can reach it,” I joked as I looked up at the relatively narrow staircase that led up into the city.

“Do not disregard dreams, for they can be more revealing of the future than even the best predictions.”

“In my dream, I'm one of you,” I said, sliding off the roof of my car. “That's why I disregard it.”

“One of us? Do you mean an Asgardian?”

His eyebrows furrowed, and I shrugged. “Crazy, right?”

“Donald suggests you lighten up on the orange Infanta. I will return to you this time on the morrow. Until then, watch yourself. See your own behavior and if you notice any changes.”

I nodded, suddenly excited. I was so going to Asgard in the morning.

When I drove back to town, Thor flew over my car, Mjolnir leading the way. And then he was gone, off to save the world from someone who wasn't Norman Osborn or the Sentry.  

Sorry no pics this time guys, but I'm working on one right now. 

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By turoksonofstone

Nice, enjoyed it.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TypingKira

Thank you, glad you did! 

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Something is definitely going on here… 
Hm…. 
Odin might have to send out an extra invite to the Valhalla party. xD 
Nice work.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TypingKira

Thanks!  
It's a little more complicated than that, but yes, her life will be dramatically changed by Asgard. 

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TypingKira

Much mead at the Valhalla party! XD Huzzah! But she'll have to make sure that Hogun doesn't get any. . . not after the last time. . . O.o

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh, you work fast, you already have two other chapters up lol 

I liked this one too, its building up really nicely, and I like your references to the greater Marvel Universe. Very nice ^_^

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TypingKira
@SC: THank you! I've tried to make it as reference-y as I can. 
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By The Impersonator

Good story. I never read much of Thor lately. But this story will get me hooked in Thor.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TypingKira
@The Impersonator: Thank you! THis is based off the JMS and Coipel run, just before and during the siege event. 
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MadComics

I don't really like Thor. But I think if I keep reading more chapter i'll learn to like him! :D

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TypingKira
@MadComics: Everyone should like Thor!!! He should be required reading for any Marvel fan. 
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Shadow_Thief

An excellent piece. You introduce a character without getting bogged down in exposition, and end on a note that leaves the reader wanting more. I look forward to reading the rest! :)

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TypingKira
@Shadow_Thief: Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Can't wait to see what you think!
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By moviegeek17

your thor dialogue is superb, good story so far man :)

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TypingKira
@moviegeek17: Thank you! 
Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

awesome chapter

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TypingKira
@Black_Kn1ght: THanks! THis is Midguardian's prequel, btw (saying in full awareness you might already know that)
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TypingKira

Sorry, just wanna know how many views

Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CaptainCockblock

That was legen- wait for it.... dary!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TypingKira
@CaptainCockblock: Lol, thanks!!! I'm glad you liked it!
Ult_MadameRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Ult_MadameRose

This was really good! I am very very impressed, great character development I felt like I was reading part of a book! :D
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TypingKira
@Ult_MadameRose: Wao, thanks!!! I'm glad you liked it!