#1 Edited by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically the idea is for a group of writers here on the vine to completely reinvent marvel characters with only their superhero name to start off. You will then have to decide what their secret identity is and generally flesh out their background. these characters will all be in the same universe. If you are going to use another character in your story that someone else has already picked to write you should ask them what they're doing with the character, for example you can't have nick fury appear in your wolverine story set in 1945 when the writer of nick fury wants him to be 15. We'll all work out the main layout of this earth and then our stories will go from there. Still interested? If yes, have a think about which character from the list below you would like to write then post it here, if you're the first one to tax that character it's your project. If you think about quitting, let us know so we/you can pass the story on to another writer or finish the series. Can be written any you want, whether as a script or a story.

**NOTE** Avengers are not being used right now, waiting for other writers to establish characters first. **NOTE**

Character's in this universe: (any other characters [not teams] you want to write let me know)

SUGGEST A CHARACTER. If taken, we'll let you know. Full list of character's taken will be posted later

#2 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

This is interesting. I already have an idea for the Wolverine story. I made a post on this about the Marvel M storyline a while back. Here's one example.

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine

In an alternate reality, Wolverine was never born a mutant. However, he was drafted into the version of Weapon X called Project X. Project X gave Wolverine the same abilities such as healing factor, adamantium claws, and heightened senses. Due to the dangerous experiment, Logan went berserk and escapes from the Project X facility. 
#3 Edited by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not good with dialog so I'll just lay out my ideas 
 X-men Professor X  Summers brothers each living as orphans they were the Survivors of a plane crash, their parents were assumed dead but no bodies had ever been recovered, Scott the oldest had been injured in the crash due to being in the plane when it hit the ground, Alex the second oldest along with their infant brother Gabriel had been tossed out of the plane with the only parachute by Scott, Scott spent a year in a coma in which time Alex had been sent to live with a foster family in Hawaii while the baby Gabriel had been adopted by a Dr. named Essex, Scott was roused from his coma when his powers emerged and Professor Charles Xavier just happened to be at the hospital visiting a friend at the time so he took the boy in and gave him his ruby quartz visor, Alex's foster family had kicked him out due to his powers and Xavier managed to adopt him along with Scott and made them the first students at his school for gifted youngsters, the rest of the original class is filled out by Henry McCoy who was born looking like an ape but possesses genius level intellect, Jean Grey who possesses telepathy and telekinesis just like the Professor (I'm making Xavier a telekenitic too), Warren Worthington III who had been disowned by his wealthy family when his wings grew out, and Bobby Drake who had been thrown out of his home town because his powers had kept the place at almost sub zero temperatures and finally young Gabriel whose adoptive father claimed he felt he should have a relationship with his 2 older brothers on the team though in reality he had placed the boy at the school to keep tabs on them for an unseen employer.  

#4 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator: So, you want to write wolverine?
#5 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting a Moon Knight series. would that work?

#6 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: Are you changing it all? If so we all need like a banner or something like the ultimate universe has. So our titles will be like UNIVERSE: Moon Knight
#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll put my name down for Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom if that's cool.

#8 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio

An very interesting idea. I wouldn't mind jumping in on this, but I don't think my writing skills would be up to the task for most of the big names. I'd be worried I wouldn't be able to do them justice. Now if you were willing to open up some minor characters or villains to get a re-tooled, that would be awesome!

#9 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

The story is two months after his debut. he's a mutant. Has a history with bushman. thinks hes cap, spidey, and wolverine, knows he crazy, and picks which one he is. That different enough?

#10 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy
Yeah, bub.  :)
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I've written a rough origin for the F4 and Doom. I'm rather excited about this =]

#12 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I'll put my name down for Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom if that's cool.
Sure, I'll put you on the list
#13 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator@primepower53 said:

The story is two months after his debut. he's a mutant. Has a history with bushman. thinks hes cap, spidey, and wolverine, knows he crazy, and picks which one he is. That different enough?

Yup! 
@nomadicxnightmare
said:
An very interesting idea. I wouldn't mind jumping in on this, but I don't think my writing skills would be up to the task for most of the big names. I'd be worried I wouldn't be able to do them justice. Now if you were willing to open up some minor characters or villains to get a re-tooled, that would be awesome!
Anyone in particular?
#14 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: Two initially come to mind - Venom and Blackheart. 

Venom I would like to reinvent completely independent from his current Spidey ties. Image if Eddie acquired the symbiote via completely different means. What would be the relationship between Eddie and the symbiote without their mutual hate of Peter Parker? What sort of powers would Venom possess without being 'modeled' after Spider-man's set? Would he be a hero or villain? These are the kind of possibilities I'd like to explore. 

Blackheart I'd like to re-write with similar origins, but that's about it. I'd like to make him a force to be reckoned with and not such the tool that he is now. =P In fact, I'm picturing a tie-in with with a re-vamped Ghost Rider... Stay with me here. I'm picturing a coup in Mephisto's realm where Blackheart manages to form an alliance with Ghost Rider (here Johnny is more violent/a bastard then his current self and the Spirit of Vengeance pushed him over the edge toward villain rather then hero) and the two take out Mephisto permanently. Blackheart now rules over the realm with Ghost Rider becoming his herald. Blackheart would take a more involved role on Earth (more akin to how Loki pokes his nose into everyone's business) in a bid to eventually take over, using Ghost Rider to take out any competition. 

Thoughts?
#15 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@nomadicxnightmare said:
@CapFanboy: Two initially come to mind - Venom and Blackheart.  Venom I would like to reinvent completely independent from his current Spidey ties. Image if Eddie acquired the symbiote via completely different means. What would be the relationship between Eddie and the symbiote without their mutual hate of Peter Parker? What sort of powers would Venom possess without being 'modeled' after Spider-man's set? Would he be a hero or villain? These are the kind of possibilities I'd like to explore.  Blackheart I'd like to re-write with similar origins, but that's about it. I'd like to make him a force to be reckoned with and not such the tool that he is now. =P In fact, I'm picturing a tie-in with with a re-vamped Ghost Rider... Stay with me here. I'm picturing a coup in Mephisto's realm where Blackheart manages to form an alliance with Ghost Rider (here Johnny is more violent/a bastard then his current self and the Spirit of Vengeance pushed him over the edge toward villain rather then hero) and the two take out Mephisto permanently. Blackheart now rules over the realm with Ghost Rider becoming his herald. Blackheart would take a more involved role on Earth (more akin to how Loki pokes his nose into everyone's business) in a bid to eventually take over, using Ghost Rider to take out any competition.  Thoughts?
I have no problem with writing Venom, so you can do that by all means. It sounds like an interesting read however I'd like to hold off on all the demons and off world characters other than Thor. But iof this does well we can always expand into ghost rider territory and you can write blackheart.
#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

id like to put my name down for the x-men, if i suck at it then pass it off to some one else

#17 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: Fair enough. Then put me down for Venom for now. *laughs maniacally* Excellent.....yes...
#18 Posted by spaceboy (201 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really like to write a miniseries about either Daredevil, Black Widow or Ms. Marvel but you haven't listed any of this characters...

#19 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

id like to put my name down for the x-men, if i suck at it then pass it off to some one else

Someone will like it even if you don't...I mean, look at Bendis. XD Sure, I'll put your name down for X-men 
@nomadicxnightmare
said:
@CapFanboy: Fair enough. Then put me down for Venom for now. *laughs maniacally* Excellent.....yes...
Okay then...this is taking off :D 

@spaceboy said:
I'd really like to write a miniseries about either Daredevil, Black Widow or Ms. Marvel but you haven't listed any of this characters...
I thought I put Daredevil down...hmm, must've forgot. Pick any of them characters and you can run with it
#20 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: I have included a logo for my series. It may not be necessary but what do you think? 

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone like my idea for the Xmen?

#22 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Your idea sounds nice. I can't wait to see what you come up with. 
#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator: Actually I was hoping someone could help me write it cause I can plot but I suck with dialog 
#24 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I can help you with the dialog. I'm pretty much good at it since I have been writing the Freaks series for a while. But I don't know if I can help since my schedule is a stampede nowadays. The X-Men series is already been taken by the user, Avenging X-Bolt. Maybe, you could work with him. Or you should talk to CapFanboy about it.
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator: I'll give it a shot if nothing else maybe I can get them to throw in my idea of having Mr. Sinister put his own agent on the original Xmen which I intend to be a major story arc 
#26 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: That sounds sweet. Good luck on it. If you need any help, pm me. I'll do my best I can to help.  :)
#27 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator: nice
#28 Posted by spaceboy (201 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy
I'll upload the first part of the Black Widow monday/tuesday (depending on the time zone you live in). Ms. Marvel a couple days later. 
#29 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy: send me a pm with a plot line you're thinking of?
#30 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy

Id actually like to work on Thor or Iron Man (whichever you want me to do) instead of Moon Knight.  (didnt read the list)...would that be okay?

#31 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: Thanks! I'll be writing up a prologue soon.
#32 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

do I need CapFanboy's approval to change stories from Moon Knight to Thor?
#33 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I do Punisher? If not, give me anyone. 

This seems interesting.

#34 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy

Id actually like to work on Thor or Iron Man (whichever you want me to do) instead of Moon Knight.  (didnt read the list)...would that be okay?

Yes, yes you do. XD  

@desperado_ said:
Can I do Punisher? If not, give me anyone.  This seems interesting.
Sure, when all/most stories have writers I'll add a pm with everyone in it so we can discuss things like S.H.I.E.L.D. I'll put your name down
#35 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy:  

Sweeeet.  

THANKS.

#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

If you'd like I would gladly share my ideas for the Xmen I have a short synopsis of what I'd like to do on the first page of this thread 
#37 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a cool idea of trying to re-invent the Cloak and Dagger origin story, are they available, but im not sure exactly what id have to do
#38 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12592 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

If you'd like I would gladly share my ideas for the Xmen I have a short synopsis of what I'd like to do on the first page of this thread 

thatd be great.
#39 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blizaga101: that'd be fine. I'll add you to the list. You'd just write a story/script about this new imagining. I'll add you to the pm
#40 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok think i've worked out as much as i can without knowing how the rest of the MU is going to be shaped
#41 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: Just tell us in the pm 0.2 and everyone else can tell you what's happening in theirs
#42 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy
I just updated this logo. I wanted to include an image on it. It looks pretty sweet.

#43 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to give Hulk a try, though I can't promise that i'll go beyond a three or six issue story-arch. 

Update: Actually, I didn't realize that Doctor Strange was an option and would much prefer to write for him (or her?).

#44 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a pretty sweet idea for Thor but I'm not really to interested in him. I have an idea for Ironman but i don't think I'm/my idea is not really good enough for him but i wouldn't mind doing Cap I think i could manage him but i can only promise about 4-8 WW2 issues but it also depends on how long you want them. So if you want me to do it  can you please give me some info on how you want them done (length). Thanks

#45 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blacklightning13 said:
I have a pretty sweet idea for Thor but I'm not really to interested in him. I have an idea for Ironman but i don't think I'm/my idea is not really good enough for him but i wouldn't mind doing Cap I think i could manage him but i can only promise about 4-8 WW2 issues but it also depends on how long you want them. So if you want me to do it  can you please give me some info on how you want them done (length). Thanks
I would also like to know how long it needs to be.
#46 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Sneak-peek at the cover for the Doctor Strange story I have in the works. :) 

#47 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
I'd like to give Hulk a try, though I can't promise that i'll go beyond a three or six issue story-arch. 

Update: Actually, I didn't realize that Doctor Strange was an option and would much prefer to write for him (or her?).
I'll add your name to the list! 
@Blacklightning13
said:
It's your choice on how long, I'd say a decent side on word per chapter at least. I'll add your name to the list
#48 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator said:
@CapFanboy
I just updated this logo. I wanted to include an image on it. It looks pretty sweet.

That looks really good! 
@cosmo111687
said:
Sneak-peek at the cover for the Doctor Strange story I have in the works. :) 

only a limited series?
#49 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: That's just the cover for the first part of the first story-arc. I'm planning on writing 2 story-arcs (both 3 issues long with 12 pages per issue) but if I have the time and if I come up with a good third story, then I'll do 3. :)
#50 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio