#1 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly because I believe they were the most underrated couple that never happened. Had the ying yang thing going on with Bruce's distrust of magic, and Zatanna being his close friend.

Barely ever see a fanfic about these two, if you have a story please share.

#2 Posted by ekrolo (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly no :( I love both characters but if you want some good Bats/Zatanna stories you should check out Batman: Casebook and Batman Streets of Gotham both by Paul Dini.

#3 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@ekrolo said:

Sadly no :( I love both characters but if you want some good Bats/Zatanna stories you should check out Batman: Casebook and Batman Streets of Gotham both by Paul Dini.

Yea I read those, kinda had a facepalm moment when Batman told her he didn't want Zatanna to share his secrets.... i'm like OH CMON

#4 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by dngn4774 (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. Most comicvine fanfic are either action or comedy based. I personally hate shipfics since they almost only revolve around a character's personal life instead of their adventures as a hero, it seems like such a narrow aspect of the character itself. You'd probably have better luck finding it on fanfiction.net (that site has a ton of romance fics and a more organized search engine).

#6 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

Not really. Most comicvine fanfic are either action or comedy based. I personally hate shipfics since they almost only revolve around a character's personal life instead of their adventures as a hero, it seems like such a narrow aspect of the character itself. You'd probably have better luck finding it on fanfiction.net (that site has a ton of romance fics and a more organized search engine).

See I like the personality of a character more personally, most of mine revolve around the personal lives.

#7 Posted by dngn4774 (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

See I like the personality of a character more personally, most of mine revolve around the personal lives.

I really don't mind family or friendship fics it's just that when two different heroes are forced into a relationship (even if they are compatible) it tends to get hard to read that stuff long term. Most writers just end up being so intent on pushing out they're own fantasies that they don't mind breaking character to do so. Good writers don't do this and I'm sure not all romance writers fall in this category, but most of the ones I've read do. Sometimes it gets so bad that the story transforms into a softcore lemon. Things like that have turned me off of this genre.