Return to Amalgam Sign-Ups!

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HenryDWR

When I was just browsing, TheCannon had a new Amalgam universe, but that's pretty much dead. I'm starting a new one so that I can share some ideas and see your ideas. If any old members wanna join, that's fine. Here are the rules:

1. First of all, you can use characters from both the original Amalgam Universe and TheCannon's reboot. However, don't go overboard with those characters. And if you do, try to make them different from in those two universes respectively. There is not a set rule, but I just want diversity. This rule will not apply if these characters YOU DID in TheCannon's Amalgam group.
  2. Second, characters can make guest appearances if the writer of that character agrees. However, try to at least write the character as he/she is portrayed in the actual comic. If that character hasn't appeared yet, the writer of that title can tell you how that character should be portrayed.
  3. Thirdly, make sure that there are no duplicate amalgams. If there are characters that you have amalgams for, please jot them down before someone else takes them.
  4. And finally, there is no limit to how many titles you can use, but at least try to update them regularly.

So anyway, here are the current list of members and their titles:

HenryDWR:

• Speeder-Man (Flash + Spider-Man)

ScouterV:

• Chimera (Shazam + Beast)

Batkevin74:

• Green Panther (Green Arrow + Black Panther)

Avenging-X-Bolt:

• Darkstalker (Creeper + Nightcrawler)

yellowgremlin:

• Scarlet Wonder (Wonder Woman + Scarlet Witch)

Sinisterspectre:

• Dark Devil (Batman + Daredevil)
  • Cyclone (Red Tornado + Vision)

AmazingFantasy15:

• Kraken (Aquaman + Wolverine)
HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone interested?

JasonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JasonNoir

@henrydwr Hi! I'm definitely interested, but I don't know how Amalgams work. Are they just a hybrid of a DC character's attributes and a Marvel character's attributes?

Guess I'll have to look up the preexisting material for more info...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop

@jasonnoir: Amalgam Comics was an imprint co-owned by DC & Marvel. They put out the DC vs. Marvel mini-series, two great runs of one-shots, and a couple more limited series (which I believe were called All Access and Unlimited Access, but I honestly don't remember, and am being lazy and not opening another tab to look it up).

The idea was the Amalgam universe was one where DC & Marvel characters became amalgamated, so we got characters like Super Soldier (Superman/Captain America), Amazon (Wonder Woman/Storm), Iron Lantern (Iron Man/ Green Lantern), Spider-Boy (Spider-Man/Superboy), and JLX (Justice League/X-Men), among others. So once two characters are combined, the idea was their history would combine, and hopefully, there'd be some cool amalgams of their villains as well.

The Amalgam one-shots were fun, but they only hinted at the history the characters might have had. So putting them together and exploring their stories can be a lot of fun.

Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

@henrydwr: You know there has already been a group called Amalgam Reborn on this forum? The last post to the sign-up is over seven months old though.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be able to give this a try.

For now, I'll go with this combination.

Chimera (Beast + Shazam)

JasonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop Glad you could fill me in!

After a bit of research I've decided that I'd like to explore Firebird as a solo character. I'd also like to claim Sinistron, so that he can appear as a central villain.

If the OP is not convinced that I can pull this story off, I'll be more than happy to pitch him my synopsis via PM.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonnoir: Up to the OP, but I think the idea is to make new amalgams, not use the existing ones. For instance, the OP is currently listing Super Spider (Superman/Spider-Man), which was not in the actual Amalgam universe.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@henrydwr: Lock in Green Panther (Green Arrow + Black Panther) and I'll see what I can do :)

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added you guys and updated the title! =)

JasonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@henrydwr Awesome! Do we need to discuss anything with you, or should we just start writing?

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HenryDWR

@jasonnoir: Not really, but I'll set up a PM for us soon. That will have all the planned characters.

Also, unless you make him an amalgam of 2 characters, you can't use Sinistron. In this amalgam universe, the characters are only combinations of 2. Also, just so you know, you can indeed use amalgams of your own, and you're actually encouraged to.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, the PM has been made!

JasonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@henrydwr My intention was for Sinistron to be a mash-up of Mr. Sinister and Psimon. Amalgam.wikia also supports this. Will send the link to you via PM, but let me know if that's okay.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HenryDWR

@jasonnoir: I believe you. You don't have to send me the link.

Also, the PM isn't showing up for me, even though I sent it twice. Did you guys get it?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@henrydwr: I got it, there was no need to send it twice. Once was enough. I'll reply shortly to one and delete myself off the second one

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HenryDWR

@batkevin74: Sorry about the 2nd one, I didn't mean to. I thought that the first time it didn't send. Sorry.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'd like to do a Solo entitled Darkstalker (Creeper+Nightcrawler)

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HenryDWR

@avenging_x_bolt: Okay!

Also, just so you guys know, we're aiming for the Justifiers (Justice League + Avengers), not the JLX, although we may have a secondary team called the X-League. I'm not forcing any of you to change, but for anyone reading this in the future, try to mix some of the bigs with non-X-Men. They don't have to be 2 huge characters combined, but try to nail down one of the major Leaguers/Avengers.

yellowgremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be interested in combining Wonder Woman and Scarlet Witch, as the Scarlet Wonder. Let me know what you think...

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HenryDWR

@yellowgremlin: I can't add you to the PM for now, it might be because you're a new user. Sorry.

Avatar image for sinisterspectre
Sinisterspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am interested in doing a Batman/Daredevil series, which the character could be called The Dark Devil or Red Torndao and vision as Cyclone.

Avatar image for sinisterspectre
Sinisterspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tornado* (Such lag on my PC)

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@henrydwr: I haven't read any Amalgam comics, but do you suppose a Red Soldier (Red Hood + Winter Soldier) would work?

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Maybe, but Batman is already taken and I think Cap is worthy of his own book (and they're definitely not combined with each other). Once Cap gets an amalgam, it could work if you figure it out. But I think relegating Cap to a supporting role will probably not work. However, what you could do is talk to Sinisterspectre about using Dark Devil.

ALSO, important news! I will be starting up a Flash/Ant-Man book.

And finally, we're trying to knock out the "bigs" first, so for any future readers of this comment, please try and use Green Lantern, Aquaman, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, or Hulk as one of the Amalgams. You don't have to, but it could let us move forward a little faster.

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

I don't know if i'd time to write it (and if the idea is unused then, you know, have at it) but how about a Aquaman/Wolverine where Aquaman is an atlantean warrior who is injured in a storm or battle and washes up on a Canadian shore. The Canadian government find him and collect his unconscious body and lock him away for study (even when he wakes, not initially drugging him as they didn't know how the drugs would affect him but weren't in a rush to find out) before deciding to capitalize on the superhuman abilities they discover he has. They use him in the weapon X project to enhance his powers and brainwash him into a weapon but he manages to escape. However as a side effect of weapon X is he suffers memory loss so ends up wandering on land, not remembering is old name (Orin) so he calls himself Logan Curry. It is then years later when he learns of his origins when Atlanteans find him after he becomes a superhero ('Kraken' maybe or some other beastly sea monster).

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@henrydwr: hmm, no thanks. I'll pass. Good luck with your group though.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so you know, JasonNoir (the writer of Firebird) has dropped out. Fire and Jean Grey are free.

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@henrydwr: Where can I read these? What are the writers time frames? I write my own comics and it normally takes TWO MONTHS to finish one book. So far I have written ten comics; not the same book though 4 different (but semi-connected) ones. I read a little Amalgam recently and heard a rumor of an actual reboot so its nice to see other people interested. I don't think i'm going to write any but i'm VERY interested in reading these :)

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empurios: I honestly don't know where you can read them. I've just always been obsessed with the idea. :P

And if you're talking about my Amalgam group's writings, here.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers