Alternate History: World War II Part 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/alternate-history-world-war-ii-part-1-1562307/#5

Disclaimer & warning: The 90% people mentioned in this piece are/were real; based slightly off real events and real people but fictionalized and changed. Whilst a story it possibly could offend some people as it is about Nazis, Adolf Hitler and World War 2, though it did end 69yrs ago. This is rated MA+ mainly due to the subject.

The White House, January 1943

No Caption Provided

US President Henry Wallace slammed the phone down and swept his hand across the desk in frustration sending papers flying. All present were taken aback by the outburst. Wallace tapped the desk as he regained his composure. He was finding filling the shoes of Franklin Roosevelt a burdensome task.

“Anything we can do Mr President?” asked Vice President Harry Truman as he broke the awkward silence.

“We’ve got blacks and whites rioting in the streets up in Belle Island,” Wallace said “How in God’s name can we fight to crush Nazi brutality abroad and condone race riots at home? We even have segregated army units for crying out loud!” Nobody spoke. Wallace stood. “We’re fighting monsters overseas and we can’t keep our house in order. Seems pointless if we save the world, yet lose ourselves.”

“We need hope.”

Wallace looked up at Truman, “What?”

“Hope. A symbol.” Truman nodded towards a chair and the President allowed him to sit.

Wallace rubbed his chin “Where are you going with this Harry?”

“The whole war is going to hell in a hand basket. Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin killed by Hitler’s super assassin. Spain and Ireland joining the Axis. And those yellow bastards have pushed us back in the Pacific and loom on the doorstep of Australia! But we need something or someone to do something, heroic.”

“You tell those Manhattan boys to hurry up!” Wallace said pointing at Major General Leslie R Groves Jr.

“Sir we’re working wit…”

“Sorry Leslie,” interrupted Truman as he stood “Sir, we need a hero. A bomb is…you can’t give a bomb a tickertape parade.”

No Caption Provided

The War Office, Whitehall

Prime Minister Clement Atlee puffed on his pipe as he circled the table, looking at the figurines on the world map. It was bleak.

“Mr Prime Minister,” a young woman entered the room holding a yellow piece of paper “An alert from the Russians.”

Atlee smiled politely and took the paper, his eyes scanning the message. “They never cease to amaze me.”

“What has gone wrong now?” asked Sir Percy Grigg gruffly. The Secretary of State of War looked over his black rimmed glasses at his superior and crossed his arms awaiting disappointment.

“Quite the contrary Sir Percy,” said Atlee “Seems the Russians have taken back Stalingrad.”

“No!” Sir Percy was amazed.

Clement looked at the woman who had brought in the message “My dear, please ready a message to Chairman Molotov expressing congratulations at this inspirational blow. Now what are we going to do about Ireland?”

Stalingrad

Lieutenant General Vasily Chuikov strode down the line of Soviet soldiers as they cheered. He was proud of his men and women who for the last five months had fought tooth and nail to reclaim the city, their city, from the grasp of Nazi horde. He made his way to the town centre to where the remaining Nazi regiment had surrendered to his forces. His breath hung in the air like a cloud as he scanned the group of kneeling men, finally spotting the man he wished to speak to; General Friedrich Paulus, his opposite number during this protracted conflict.

No Caption Provided

“My German is limited General,” said Vasily to the man on his knees in the snow “I don’t suppose you speak Russian?”

Friedrich shook his head. Vasily sighed drew his Tokarev pistol and blew Paulus’ brains out the back of his skull.

“One of you Prussian bastards speaks my language!” he roared as he pointed his gun at the next soldier.

The Berghof

“WHAT!?!” Hitler screamed as he thumped his desk like a petulant child. “I SAID TO THE DEATH!”

“Yes my Fuhrer,” replied Wolfram von Richthofen as he quietly took half a step back from his leader who was ranting. He had tried to telephone through to Hitler several days ago to advise him on the Stalingrad siege but none of the aides had deemed him worthy enough to be put through. He’d even called through to Luftwaffe Chief Herman Göring with the same information only to have it fall on deaf ears. That didn’t matter right now. What mattered was whether or not he’d leave the room alive as Mörder slipped in behind Hitler.

“THAT STUPID, RETARDED, INSOLENT CHILD! HOW DARE HE DEFY A DIRECT ORDER!” Hitler screamed as spit flew across the desk like a sprinkler. “NO FIELD MARSHAL HAS EVER, EVER SURRENDERED TO THE ENEMY!”

“Yes, my Fuhrer,”

“I HOPE THOSE DAMN BOLSHEVIKS SKIN HIM ALIVE!” snarled Hitler as he sat and fumbled for his glasses. Slowly, deliberately he made Wolfram feel uncomfortable before looking up at him. “Do you have anything to say?”

“I can only ap…”

“DON’T PATRONISE ME!” roared Hitler making Wolfram jump like a startled rabbit. “YOU ARE DISMISSED!”

Wolfram threw up the best salute he could muster before marching promptly out of the room, counting his lucky stars. Adolf scratched his moustache and turned to his personal assassin.

“You will go to your “father” and tell him to hurry up with your brothers.”

To be continued...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@batkevin74: I always knew those Irish looked shifty lol

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

@batkevin74: Interesting stuff. I'm taking a world war II class currently and most of this stuff parallels my textbook. Didn't the real Wolfram von Richtofen die in a blimp crash in 1922? If not, does that mean the Red Baron still alive and wouldn't he be more qualified to lead the Luftwaffe than Goering?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Thing is Ireland almost became an Axis member in WW2. The west coast was a known U-Boat refuelling point

Killer_Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thing is Ireland almost became an Axis member in WW2. The west coast was a known U-Boat refuelling point

Spain was in a similar predicament. At that time Franco's party was in charge and he was interested in joining the axis. Luckily, German intelligence was atrocious throughout the war and a high ranking member in Germany's intelligence network worked secretly as a double agent, helping steer away that alliance. If Spain did join the Axis they could have locked down Gibraltar, making the North African campaign a nightmare for the allies.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@dngn4774: My great uncle fought at El Alamein. From what little he told me North Africa was hell. A Spanish auxiliary force coupled with the genius of Erwin Rommel would have been devistating

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: My great uncle fought at El Alamein. From what little he told me North Africa was hell. A Spanish auxiliary force coupled with the genius of Erwin Rommel would have been devistating

The soldiers I felt the worst for were the Polish. Occupied by Germans in the beginning then surrounded by Soviets in the end. Poor guys just drew the geological short straw.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Yep, it was the same with a lot of Central European nations. That said Poland got the worst of it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Ireland had Nazi's and Hitler wanted the Irish onboard as to basically distract the English with another front to deal with and only miles from home. As for which European country got it worst, take your pick. Poland was the most publicised but Latvia, Czechslovakia, Lithuania all got bent over roughly.

@jonny_anonymous: They look shifty because they ARE shifty :)

@dngn4774 said:

@batkevin74: Interesting stuff. I'm taking a world war II class currently and most of this stuff parallels my textbook. Didn't the real Wolfram von Richtofen die in a blimp crash in 1922? If not, does that mean the Red Baron still alive and wouldn't he be more qualified to lead the Luftwaffe than Goering?

Manfred von Richtofen aka the Red Baron died in 1918. His first cousin Wolfram became the General Field Marshall of the Luftwaffe under Herman Goring, who was Commander in Chief of the Luftwaffe and also the Reichsmarshal which meant he was the boss of all the other Field Marshall's because Hitler said so. It was because of the loss at Stalingrad that Goring lost a lot of his power and status. Wolfram died in July 1945 from brain tumour complications.

As for qualified, Wolfram was and planned a lot of the attacks along with the actual airlift from Stalingrad, but Goring loved his planes. He was ultimately in charge but when it went wrong well like most managers you kick it down the line until someone gets it in the neck. Hitler actually liked Wolfram von Richthofen in reality and didn't chuck a hissy fit at him. He did transfer him though.

@batkevin74

That was 100% better then what I had.

I don't quite understand? Have you got a WW2 story out there somewhere?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Part of my family is Czech, they emigrated after the Prague Spring uprisings

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Sorry I'm thinking of Lothar von Richoften, the Red Baron's younger brother.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74:

Hey, sorry for the confusion. I was RPing as the rabbit and forgot to switch accounts.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Ahh it all clicks together now. I still may use parts of yours, especially the name if that's cool.

@dngn4774: Them von Richthofen's are like rabbits! Manfred, Lothar, Wolfram, Molly :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74:

You have free use of all that material sir.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#19 The Poet  Moderator
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#21  Edited By cbishop

I hate to be a dissenter, but I'm not digging this. Maybe because I don't know the real history well enough to appreciate the alterations here. Maybe because I don't care to think about a world where Hitler is winning. Brr.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: Thanks :)

@cbishop: That's okay, not everyone likes everything. Otherwise Communism would work better in practice than just on paper :)

@cbishop said:

Maybe because I don't care to think about a world where Hitler is winning. Brr.

Well from 1939 to late 1944 Hitler WAS winning anyways. The tide slowly turned coz they could pick a fight, but were kinda bad at finishing a fight.

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks, killing Nazi's is fun even if it is only fan-fic :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Eventually you'll get round to Crossed Wires right?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It would be awesome if Harry Turtledove read this.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers