johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By johnny_blaze
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to Wave 2 of DC Re-Created.

This is still the fan-fic group where you can re-create and innovate your favorite DC characters alongside in an ever growing universe.

But with the changes that we have came up with for Wave 2, it is now easier for both, readers and writers, new and old to step in.

Before you apply, please read the new rule set. Although to some it may seem tedious, It will allow us to create a coherent and organized universe, while hopefully reducing disputes. Everyone will be treated as though they’ve read the rules, so ignoring them is inexcusable.

1. Re-Creating Characters:

As a writer for DCRC, you can re-create characters, this is not the New 52, you can change the aspects of your character to whatever you want. Just make sure it’s within reason, as remember that writers after you will be using the same character and probably don’t want Batman to a be a ninja communist snowman. Also, make sure that your characters fit within the current continuity. (See Article 3 for major changes, such as deaths and passing on a legacy)

2. Character Permissions:

Characters can appear in any number of series, and even have multiple series based solely around one them. However, if you wish to use a character that is already in use, please ask the writer in charge beforehand in either a private PM or in the Writer’s PM. When using characters that appear in multiple titles, please make sure it makes sense within the continuity (Why is Superman flying around in the Justice League, if he’s in a coma in his solo series, for example). Any use of others’ characters without permission will be sanctioned.

3. Continuity Changes:

When writing new series, you must ask for permission from either @RulerOfThisUniverse or @MaccyD in a private PM. We will review your idea and decide whether it fits into the current DCRC continuity. The same applies for any major characters changes (such as death and passing on a legacy) and events.

Anyone who publishes anything without our consent will not have their story shown in the library and it will not be treated as part of DCRC.

This is to allow DCRC continuity to be easily monitored so it is both coherent and connected. Advice for both helping your series and changes both fit and affect continuity will be given so as to help make your stories coherent continuity-wise.

4. Titles per person:

DCRC writers are allowed to have as many titles as they want, as long as their titles are released on a semi-regular basis. We don't want months of waiting between issues because a writer has too many titles. For any titles that has been abandoned for 3 months or more, the writer will get a PM questioning whether they wish to continue the series. If no response is given within two weeks, the series will be declared open in the PM and potential writers may take over

5. Character Rights and Sign-up:

Only @RulerOfThisUniverse or @MaccyD are allowed to hand out unused characters or to allow new writers to sign up. Alert either of us, if you want to bring our attention to someone looking to use a free character or a new writer looking to join.

6. Original Characters:

Original characters are allowed, however, emphasis is placed on using DC characters and titles. The same rules that apply to normal characters apply to original characters.

If you are a New 52 reader than you may be familiar with this concept. All stories in the library will be separated by a genre. So we'll have The Dark, The Edge, Justice, Young Justice & The Beyond. I will give a list of examples below:

JUSTICE: This section will be for characters who are associated with the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America (Examples: Superman, Wonder Woman, Mister Terrific, Power Girl Aquaman)

YOUNG JUSTICE: This section will include stories that feature teenage superheroes. (Examples: Static Shock, Teen Titans, Gen 13, Blue Beetle)

THE DARK: This section includes stories with supernatural, horror and fantasy themes. (Examples: Swamp Thing, Constantine, Animal Man, The Spectre, Dr. Fate)

THE EDGE: This section includes stories with themes of science fiction, crime, & other mature themes. (Examples: Doom Patrol, Deathstroke, Suicide Squad, Rorschach, Midnighter, Stormwatch, Grifter, The Question)

THE BEYOND: This section includes stories that are set in space. (Examples: Blue Lanterns, New Gods, Legion of Superheroes, Adam Strange)

Recent Events:

It is still the early days of superheroes yet, however an ancient evil recently struck creating a surge of super villains across the nation. The question is whether the disorganized and disunited superhero community will be overwhelmed or rise like never before.

Characters In Use.

This is a list of characters in use currently by writers, any supporting characters or associated villains can be assumed to be in use as well and should be treated as such:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Doom Patrol, Teen Titans, The Flash, Blue Devil, Black Lightning

Characters of Interest.

These are popular character that are currently not in use:

Martian Manhunter, Dr. Fate, Shazam, Zatanna & Firestorm.

Ending Series.

These are series that have recently ended/ending soon, which can be continued:

Green Arrow

If you want to read the goings on of the DCRC and upload your own, please visit the Library. A News Thread is under construction, so stay tuned.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HenryDWR

Question: Is this a new reality or something? Because I saw a Firestorm story in the library. So why isn't it in the Ending Series section? Is it because the story had ended a while ago?

Either way, I think I might try and do Hawkman. The GA one, not the Thanagarian, and I'm completely fine if someone completely different uses the Thanagarians.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: I know you're trying to get experienced writers and all but I don't think I'm terrible. I know I usually post on battles but I'm trying to expand my horizons so I'd like to sign up to. Do nightwing, aquaman and kyle rayner. But people can use any In justice league or what else they'd like.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnny_blaze

@henrydwr: The writer of Firestorm just stopped, So we have to assume that it ended, since he never messaged the group. Hawkman should be available too.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: Yeah, I think I might do Hawkman. Still brainstorming ideas for him. I wanna focus on the various reincarnations of him over time, but still do something with the present-day Hawkman as the protagonist.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnny_blaze

@comicdude360: It's okay, if you're inexperienced. We were all inexperienced at something. The people in the group are nice guys, they'll totally help you out.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: I had some experience in an alt but I don't remember the name :/ I'll start whenever.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@henrydwr: I assume you'll be using his rogues gallery too? I've always loved Gentleman Ghost. I think the creators will add you guys tomorrow. They're offline now.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: for enemies I'll probably be doing deadshot, deathstroke, bane, and black mask but others can use them

For aquaman mainly black manta and ocean master but I don't think anyone will want to use his gallery

Actually instead of just kyle rayner could I do like a lantern one where it's like a total lantern war. (Hal Jordan can still be used for green lantern but the entire go corp will focus on john Stewart and kyle rayner along with guy switching his corps)

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: I'm not really sure who you can use. Those two usernames that I posted, inbox one of them. From what I know of, A green lantern is taken.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: ok I can just make a dumb excuse on why that gl isn't there just say who. Anyone could be replaced.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnny_blaze

@comicdude360: @RulerOfThisUniverse @MaccyD

You gotta talk to those guys. I have no clue.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: got it. I can drop the lantern storyline too. The nightwing and aquaman will be my center pieces.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

On the topic of firestorm - I got really busy with some stuff and forgot where I was going with the story.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Oh, it was you doing Firestorm. Are you going to start over with Firestorm?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnny_blaze

Bump

Avatar image for sinisterspectre
Sinisterspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Sinisterspectre

I'm new to Comic Vine but have done some Fanfics on other websites. I would be interested in writing a Shazam series since he is one of my favorite DC characters.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: with the continuatity do you know if red hood is available. Or if he hasn't been introduce can I do it.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By johnny_blaze

@comicdude360: That depends on the writer of Batman, no Robins have been introduced yet. With Batman's sidekicks, it's going to be tricky. The only sidekick characters that have been introduced so far is Roy Harper, Khalder & Bart Allen. All three are currently on the Titans.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: is the batman writer still active? If he is who is he so I can talk to him.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's @RulerOfThisUniverse

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sinisterspectre: Send a PM to me & Ruler (on tablet so can't link) with the blurb or general gist of what your series will be about. If you can't get ruler, just send it to me and I'll add him later.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can i write plastic man or deadman??

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Really? No one is interested?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AbdullahZubair

I messaged MaccyD but didn't get a reply!!! I want to write any two of these:

1)Plastic Man

2)Dead Man

3)Blue & Gold(Blue Beetle and Booster Gold)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MakkyD
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 138

Are Hal Jordan,Martian Manhunter, Platinum or Bronze Tiger in use?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Platinum from the Metal Men? And I don't know, inbox MaccyD. He can tell you better than I can.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers