Aliens: Chapter 2 -- Morgan makes a Statement

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By TypingKira

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES.  

Scott Summers looked out the windows that lined the wall of his office. He liked the view, but not the place. It didn't feel like the home of the X Men. It didn't even feel like a home. It felt like some titanium building on a rock.

Morgan Frost-McKenzie wasn't the big issue on his mind. Food deliveries, electricity, infighting among his people, and his girlfriend were the main problems. But he was devoting a special part of his mind to her.

The girl was undoubtedly Namor's kid. She had his eyes, his coloring, and even, to an extent, his attitude. He'd sent Kitty Pryde on a personal mission to prepare a room for her, with someone her own age so she could be acclimated to life on Utopia.

One more mouth to feed, one more teenage girl that needed a textbook, one more life that needed water. And if she was Namor's kid, then she would need more clean water than almost anyone else.

“Scott, I have some. . . distressing news. About the Frost-McKenzie girl.
“I had a feeling already, Hank. Emma isn't going to be particularly happy about his either,” he noted dryly.

“So it's true then,” said the tall blonde as she stormed in. “That lying. . . son of a --”

“Emma, calm yourself!” urged Hank. He looked across his shoulder at the door and sighed. “She can hear you.”

“I don't care if she can hear me! I don't care if all of Utopia can hear me! Let them! Are there anymore children that I don't know about!? Anymore secret daughters, or perhaps a son for a cliché!? He violated every part of me! And now she's around for the whole world to see, to remind me and him about what has already gone and passed!”

The door hit the wall with a bang, and little Morgan was mere millimeters away from her mother's face, the double wings on her ankles and the single ones on her collarbone fluttering so fast that they were a blur, with a low humming sound as she hovered with remarkable stability.

“Listen up!” she squeaked. “It's not my fault I'm here! It's not my fault I'm alive, and as timid as I might be I won't apologize for existing! So excuse me!”

Scott wanted to laugh at the little toss of the girl's head, just like her mother's. But the situation was far too serious.

“Alright, alright, take it easy ladies,” said Scott, stepping around his desk and pulling the two apart. Hank took initiative and gently held Morgan's arm, his claws resting against her skin like a light warning.

Morgan's bare feet touched the carpeted floor, and she turned away. She had always fantasized about the day she'd meet her mother, and it was actually going shockingly well so far. No one was bleeding or drooling.

Dr. McCoy led her out of the room, closing the door behind them. “She's just. . . erm. . . a little--”

“It's alright, Doc,” said Morgan with a light smile playing on her lips. “Really, I was sort of expecting this.”

Beast scratched the back of his head awkwardly. This problem hadn't presented itself when the Cuckoos had – the Cuckoos!

Morgan was so starkly different from them that it was actually a bit odd. She didn't really look like them. She didn't really sound like them. She definitely was far smaller than them. Her eyes were a richer blue, her hair a duller, grayer blonde.

Winn-Vell carefully balanced the stylus on his upper lip. He was so bored. . . there was nothing to do here. Stupid military sending him in a stupid ship with nothing stupid to do. No games, no reading material, not even an Illusiogram to get him through the flight. And while, yes, Earth and the Avengers weren't far away, maybe a few Earth hours (a unit of time he was very familiar with) it was still a very long few Earth hours.

He reviewed his notes on humans. In his studies, he'd found that humans, a rather cute, odd little species, were not that different from himself. They even had fingernails too!

Though no human had the same skin tone as he did, an almost purplish black, some humans had lovely dark skin, mostly when they lived in hot places. But when they lived in cold places, they had very very white skin, which was also very lovely. They had different eyes, but they looked much like his and were set in the same place.

Like him, they had hair on top of their heads, especially female humans, who groomed their hair much like a Kree woman did, in elaborate styles or simply hanging about their shoulders. Like him, they had two arms and two legs. Like him, they had ears.

But they had red blood, not green, and different organs in different places. And some humans had something special.

A genetic anomaly, a freak of nature, whatever it was called, the X-gene was an interesting little thing. To give normal humans abilities beyond even the power of an elite Kree soldier?

It was so very exciting!  

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@TypingKira: Excellent chapter! Looks like Morgan has the same grit and toughness as her parents. I'm liking the way your writing Beast as well. Winn looks like a fun character. He seems so earnest and excited. I can't wait to see what happens when he finally meets a human. Great job and I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
@TypingKira: Great chapter! You wrote Cyclops and Beast well. Especially, I liked the Cyclops character. A charismatic leader who makes tough decisions and will do anything to protect mutant kind. I also liked your new character addition of Utopia, Morgan. Can't wait to see what happens next.
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TypingKira
@The Impersonator: THanks! Beast and Cyke were very fun to write, so I'm glad they turned out well.  

@Mechanical_Ape: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! I totally love writing Beast-like characters (in terms of personality). And I thought it was about time that there wa a nice Kree. ;}
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@TypingKira: Yeah, Kree can come across as a little intense and zealous sometimes. It's nice to see a pleasant one for once. That was definitely a nice choice.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator
@TypingKira: Your welcome!
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TypingKira
@Mechanical_Ape: Thankies! 
Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostrider fan1
@TypingKira: nice! this story has a great start! quivk question though, are these 2 gonna get involved with Anthy in any way?
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TypingKira
@ghostrider fan1: Thanks! I dunno yet, I've thought about making Morgan one of the raiders, but *shrugs* I can't say yet. 
SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SecretKnight
@TypingKira
I liked it but if Emma Frost got raped then wouldn't he have the baby and know she had one, I think it was good but is this an X-Men or abou tthe Kree people, and if I was Cyclops I would go and kill Namor I would be pissed if I was him.
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TypingKira
@SecretKnight said:
@TypingKira: I liked it but if Emma Frost got raped then wouldn't he have the baby and know she had one, I think it was good but is this an X-Men or abou tthe Kree people, and if I was Cyclops I would go and kill Namor I would be pissed if I was him.
The thing is that Sebastian Shaw (or someone. . .) was harvesting her ova cells to make the Thousand-in-One, then Sebastian stole some, plus Namor's DNA to make Morgan -- since good ole Sebby is no longer in the picture I've completely forgotten about him and am pretending he doesn't exist right now ;}  

Neither of them had any idea -- like Emma didn't know about the Thousand-in-One.  

Neither -- It's about Morgan and Winn :}  

And why would Cyke want to kill him when neither of them had any idea that Morgan was around? Cyke knows that Namor and Emma had something going on, Cyke knows Namor hates him, but Cyke is also a grown-up.