#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definitely be returning to this universe in the very near future, this random plot attacked my last night as I was dozing off, and I've just written this all in one sitting...

please post reviews for the fic here instead of the fic thread, lets me keep it neat :D

Genesis had begun again, really an introduction piece to Methos leaping, now each chapter will be a new leap, maybe two or three chapters covering a leap.

To answer a few of the questions I know will be coming my way...

1, Methos will not only be interacting with immortal history, he's be jumping about randomly much like Sam did.

2, Buffy and Willow will be his constant observers, and yes you will see them interact more with the project and the staff there.

3, Methos might find Sam, I don't know, I haven't decided on that yet :D

4, Yes, Alia, Zoe and Thames will be making an appearance later on as well, but not for some time.

Any more questions, leave a review...

Hope you liked it, now I have a question for you...

Where would you like to see Methos leap to?

Maybe Berlin 1947 to save a young girl, or the wild west to help a couple get together...

Maybe ancient Egypt to deliver a baby for a pharaoh or China to save someones life when the moguls invade?

We've got 5,000 years of history to play with here people, make your suggestion and I'll probably play with it :D

M

#2 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe some time around the Civil War. You have to settle a fight between the soldeirs before they turn a city into a war zone. Or the romeo juliet thing. Help a southern Bell be able to marry a Yank(or vice versa).

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol cool...

currently i just rolled 4 dice and came up with the date for Pompeii lol

seemed like as good a way as any to do it :p

M

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Or the Dark Ages. You get involved in something and they want you to slay the 'dragon' which turns out to be anything but the actual mythical creature. (bandits maybe in an act, or a giant Kimo Lizard that was only protecting its young, something like that)."

ohhh... i like that idea...

i can go back as far as 3000bc (give or take a few hundred years) lol

so i've got a LOT of history to play with :p

M

#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Or the Dark Ages. You get involved in something and they want you to slay the 'dragon' which turns out to be anything but the actual mythical creature. (bandits maybe in an act, or a giant Kimo Lizard that was only protecting its young, something like that).

#6 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lol cool... currently i just rolled 4 dice and came up with the date for Pompeii lol seemed like as good a way as any to do it :p M"

lol

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cool thanks :D

M

#8 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm about to head out, but if I think of any other ideas I'll post them in here for ya. Look forward to reading what you come up with.

#9 Posted by Constantine (16044 posts) - - Show Bio

do Titanic.....

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Been thinking about that... the Titanic would be a good one to do but i've got to be careful, i want to keep this as close to the feel of the original Quantum Leap as possible, so that means only changing small things, one life at a time sort of thing...

M

#11 Posted by Jake Malcom (3134 posts) - - Show Bio

you have a ton of history and big events you could leap into it be cool to see where you go.

Personally id say leap to ancient china warrior times 100-200 AD would be AWESOME to see Methos in

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... sounds fun...

hard though because i have to map where the other famous immortals were during that time before i research the time period...

Methos had just left the Horsemen during that date so he's wandering somewhere away from the main continent trying to stay away from Kronos... now i just have to figure out where he was lol

M

#13 Posted by Darkchild (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"hmm... sounds fun...hard though because i have to map where the other famous immortals were during that time before i research the time period...Methos had just left the Horsemen during that date so he's wandering somewhere away from the main continent trying to stay away from Kronos... now i just have to figure out where he was lolM"

Good point well cant wait to read it

(its 7am and i tried to read what you have so far and my eyes went crosseyed.)

Cya later bro

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

see ya :D

M

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry i postd in it my bad

but AWesome bro

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

glad ya like it :D

M

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

any ideas for future 'leaps'?

M

#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice posts Methos.

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

could be interesting...

i didn't really want to do 'future leaps' because the whole premise of Quantum Leap was moving back and forth within your own timeline in the past, literally from birth until the time you first leapt...

M

#20 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"future 'leaps'? M"

What about that being one? Somehing goes wrong with th jump and instead of going back in time you jump forward. There you hae to help someone (maybe your future self?) and find out whats wrong all without taking too much of a chance of your future self realizing who you are.

#21 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

What about jumping back in time to when the first Slayer was made. Have it set up where you have to help create the Slayer...

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"What about jumping back in time to when the first Slayer was made. Have it set up where you have to help create the Slayer..."

ohhhh...

drools at the thought of that

i like it...

M

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

For anyone that's interested in this, i made a 'introduction theme' to the series, with video lol

the first one i've ever done, so yay me lol

you wouldn't believe how long that took to do :D

M

#24 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

lol that was great Methos.

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol thanks...

took bloody ages to rip all the bits i wanted from DVD and then mash them together...

M

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kiara Sullivan says:

"Is Dean coming back to play Al if the new series gets the go ahead?"

No clue...

he must be in his mid 70's by now, i could see him as a guest star as an "overseer" for the project or something, but not in a main role anymore...

M

#27 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt even know where to start with something like that.

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I wouldnt even know where to start with something like that."

it's a lot harder than it looks... i thought it'd be really easy, took me nearly 5 hours to sort that little 1min 12second video out lol

M

#29 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kiara Sullivan says:

"Yeah he probably is. I wonder who would get his role then xP"

well in my fic it's Buffy and Willow who get to be the observers now lol

M

#30 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30068 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Dean coming back to play Al if the new series gets the go ahead?

And great video. I know how long it takes just to get it right xP

#31 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

a long time...

i daren't even look at doing a full song one yet, that took me long enough to make lol

M

#32 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30068 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he probably is. I wonder who would get his role then xP

#33 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Andferne says:
"I wouldnt even know where to start with something like that."
it's a lot harder than it looks... i thought it'd be really easy, took me nearly 5 hours to sort that little 1min 12second video out lol M"

dang. I always wondered how long these things took to make.

#34 Posted by Amy Rose (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos, well thats in your video not in the series xP

And it took me two days to do a video with a full song xP I've gotten better. Can get it done in a few hours xP

#35 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Amy Rose says:

"Methos, well thats in your video not in the series xP"

in my video and in my fanfic :D

M

#36 Posted by Amy Rose (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you know what I mean xP