A League of Bastards Part 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Rated MA, all characters are based on real historical people , though liberties have been taken.

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/a-league-of-bastards-part-1-755212/

My lord;

The Zulu have inflicted a crushing blow to our forces here in Southern Africa. Through sheer numbers they have killed nearly three thousand British and native troops at Isandlwana. I have barely escaped with my life as the Zulu are under orders from their leader Cetshwayo to kill anyone in red!

Not only have we lost the battle, they have captured two cannon, over a thousand rifles, the company colours of the 2/24 th have been lost though Lieutenant Melvill saved the Queen’s colours.

I hereby tender my resignation as commander of the Southern African forces

Frederic Augustus Thesiger,

2nd Baron Chelmsford

No Caption Provided

Buckingham Palace, January 1879

Queen Victoria crushed the telegraph in her hand and cast it to the floor “How dare they?! Impudent! Backward! Uncivilised! Savages! Get me that shylock who thinks he runs the country!”

The messenger gulped “You mean Prime Minister Disraeli your majesty?”

Queen Victoria locked a stern gaze on the young man before her as he began to tremble at her glower. Slowly Victoria rose from her throne and headed towards him. He bowed and gulped again as her feet stood right where he was looking down. Her hand reached down and grabbed his chin firmly, like one would a naughty puppy and rose him to her level.

“I will be sixty years old this year boy!” Her words were firm, direct and laced with venom “If you wish to see your NEXT one, do as you are told, when you are told!” She slapped him across the face “Speak, when you are spoken too!” She backhanded him for good measure “And never question your betters!”

Victoria glared at the man holding his twice slapped face. He was shocked and unable to speak. He nodded profusely as tears welled in his eyes as quickly as the redness on his cheeks emerged. Victoria waved him off and he tore from the throne room.

Durban docks, January 1879

“And I thought Arizona got hot!” declared Doc Holliday as he fanned his face and sipped from his hip flask “This country must be closer to the sun!”

No Caption Provided

“No hotter than home during the bushfires” said Ned as he hauled his large trunk.

“What is in that thing?” asked Doc tapping the side of it curiously.

Ned went to reply but Herrmann interjected as he hauled his own trunk “Every man needs secrets. Without secrets, we are just chimps”

“Interesting philosophy Herrmann.” added Muk “But as Buddha once said "Three things cannot long stay hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.”

“I just wanted to know what’s in the trunk, not a god dam religious talk!” snapped Doc as he took another swig “Where are we anyways?”

“Durban.” said Louis joining them on the dock “About five hours from where we need to be.”

“If I have to get on ANOTHER boat!” snarled Ned.

“No, we ride to Rorke’s Drift where the army is located,” replied Louis as he watched the bustling docks. A young boy walked past and he grabbed him by the arm “What’s going on?”

“Ja meneer!” said the boy “The red whites have been beaten by Zulu! Many many dead”

“What’s going on?” asked Ned

No Caption Provided

“Nothing good I suspect,” replied Louis “Fetch us some horses and we’ll be off.”

Ned looked at him and stepped up to Louis “I’m not your servant!” Ned stared at the young royal “I’m your bodyguard. I’ll protect you from harm but you speak to me like that again and the other three will have to protect you, from me!” Ned stormed off, Louis went to speak but Ned was off in the crowd.

“I only meant that you’re familiar with horses” muttered Louis “Damn Irish!”

“I’d watch your tone your highness” said Doc sidling up to him “Because from what I’ve read off his wanted poster, he’s killed in cold blood”

Louis looked at Doc “You smell like a brewery”

“Possibly because I am drunk!” smiled Doc taking another swig “This weather will drive any man to drink”

“You are here to protect me, who will protect you?” asked Louis.

Doc scowled and drew his pistol and lighting speed and then spun it on his finger “I’m fine, just ask me!”

To be continued....

(It's a bit short, I know)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Queen Victoria is a right royal b!tch! Nice work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped as I'm starting to get part 3 done.

Yo @impurestcheese you're a voracious reader-commenter-writer-druid, could you cast your discerning eyes over this and part one...probablt part one first then this for story anyways

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Druid? Wrong religion dear. I love your posse especially Mr 'my armour doesn't cover my legs oh well' Kelly. And yes QV went a bit stern after Albert died but she wasn't stupid. (She was after all one of the longest ruling monarchs in British History). Call me when part 3 is a ready.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: " I love your posse especially Mr 'my armour doesn't cover my legs oh well' Kelly."

Yeah he was the original Iron Man :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Ned Kelly had a movie. :-)

At least four. One with Mick Jagger, one with Heath Ledger, a comedy with Yahoo Serious and one with some d!c( comedian that is terrible.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I've seen the one with Heath Ledger in. :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped..

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: okay, sir, part 3 is overdue. Loved Doc in this. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop you sir are VERY correct. It all sits in my head, along with the sequel and the cover

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped to view the view count