Wind Duster #0

Wind Duster #1

Wind Duster #2

Wind Duster #3

Wind Duster #4

Wind Duster #5

Wind Duster #6

Indigo City

It's been six hours since that psychopath learned who I was and where I lived. It wasn't the most successful patrol I've been on... and that makes it even worse considering it was only the second time I've been out.

"Police are left baffled over the cause of the Seventh Avenue Attacks. Experts are pointing towards the large gathering of Carriers staying near Kingville Forest. Witnesses report seeing the ambulance carrying the masked vigilante known as 'Wind Duster' lurch forward due to unknown reasons, police have allowed us to show amateur footage that was shot at the scene, be advised this may be unsuitable for younger viewers."

The TV screen flashes to a shaky phone camera picking up from when I smashed against the Psychopath's car windshield, in the background the Ambulance flips over smashing to the ground. The Ambulance's driver is thrown through the window... why didn't I do anything to save him? I'm shocked I never noticed it, wincing slightly as the guy's body crashes into the ground. By that point I'm on the floor, limping... and the driver is walking towards me.

"Were you scared?" Daisy asks from her makeshift bed on the settee, her eye's are dark from lack of sleep but she seems to be taking the events from last night rather well. Better then me at least.

"No." I lie to her. "I was more worried about those Ambulance guys." Explosions on the screen catch my attention, the CBTF trucks burst into flames and send bad memories flooding back into my mind, I can only remember the main details of the fight... everything else is a flood of colours and pain. The tracking device that got planted on me has been teleported to the bottom of the ocean, but I want to know how he was able to slip that thing on me. The footage isn't perfect but it looks like he stuck it on the back of my head when I barged into him. A flash of green appears on the back of my skull immediately after.

"You SEEM scared." Daisy pointed out.

Clever girl.

"I wasn't." On the screen the fight (if you can call it that) is coming to an end, my TV body teleports away as soon as the Police Sirens start to appear, but the footage keeps going. The CBTF surround the murderer, weapons locked onto his chest. I can tell by the laser sights, the squad leader gives the command to fire... and the murderer's body explodes. Not violently of course, but... he tears himself into nothing. His weapons drop to the floor as his skin, clothes, blood and vital parts all shoot up into the night sky.

It's without a doubt the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

"Right..." I sit up, bruises from last night have already started to heal. Daisy looks at me with a strange look across her face... she knows what I'm planning so I let her speak first.

"Dad..." She mutters as I walk towards her. "Where are we going?" My hand firmly grips her shoulder.

"Don't hate me Daisy..." I say softly. "But we're going to look for a babysitter."

She knows who I have in mind.

"So... Snipes." I prod Daisy forward towards the Psycho living in the Cardboard box. "I need a favor." I push Daisy a few more steps forward.

"You don't even have to ask, Mark!" Snipes yells before running over and crushing Daisy in a huge bear hug. "I'll look after your honey for ya!" He's drunk... this probably isn't the best time. But at the moment Daisy is safer with him then she is with me. Daisy gives me an icy star at me from beneath the arms of the hairy hobo.

"Uh... it's not permanent Snipes." I decide before pulling my wallet out of my trouser pocket. "Just temporary." If it was anything else Daisy would never forgive me. I pull a couple of 20s and offer them over, Snipes snatches the money and shoves it down his coat pocket. "Use that stuff to rent a hotel room or something." I instruct him. Snipes shakes his head.

"Nah. We don't need any of that servant crap!" He pats Daisy on the head. She forces a grin out at me. "We'll be FINE out here! There ain't nowhere safer!" He nods at his cardboard box... the thing that looks like it's about to collapse.

It's a shame Heat Seeker was busy, Daisy's mentally begging me not to go, but now that the Psychopath knows who I am it's not safe to keep her around. "Look after her Snipes. Keep her safe." Snipes stops me and pulls a bag out of a bin and hands it over.

Not another costume.

"Mark..." The drunken groans have vanished. "...if you're going after this ba$tard... you may wanna start working out." Snipes knows what he's talking about. I turn to leave but Snipes has more to say. "And Mark... boss says... the Gimp suit really wasn't working."

The Costume's covering my body. My normal clothes have been ported back to my apartment and soon I reappear several blocks away. Cape flapping in the breeze. It's a lovely thing... but it's not my style.

Then again, what is? I'm right on the edge of the building, close enough to fall... but I can see the entire city... and there's a Murderer I'm going to find. Snipes is right. It's DEFINITELY time to start working out.

It's time to be a superhero.

Without a moment's hesitation I cause the winds to blow around me and send me soaring into the sky.

Flying seems like a good place to start.

No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

@tommythehitman: So I caught up. The suspense is definitely there and I like the new costume (other than a hood or a domino mask I think it's perfect). Also like the HS name drop. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do yet with it but this gets my creative juices flowing. ;)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dngn4774 The new costume is not going to last... I'm saying that now.

Get writing Heat Seeker.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tommythehitman: I actually thought this was pretty sweet. Daisy with Snipes and the superhero thing. Have you posted the new one you were talking about the other day?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: He leave's his daughter with a homeless guy? He probably knows Aaron Bubeck aka Blight :)

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Suit up! I liked this chapter a lot. Mark must really trust Snipes to leave his daughter with him...with nothing but a cardboard box to protect them...and giving him money knowing he's going to waste it...and taking another costume from him...I'm going on record and saying that Mark's an idiot

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers