Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Discussions: Part 2 of 2

Underneath CBTF Headquarters.

"Aaron?! Holy crap!"

His name is Aaron Zdarsky, also known as Brimstone, a former member of the Response (for about 6 seconds) who 'allegedly' leaked information about the team to the press. He also did a load of drugs. Obviously since he's currently in jail, Pfeifer found out and ended up chucking him in the slammer. With his own two hands... he was wearing his armoured suit at the time.

"Oh god. Not you." He mutters upon recognizing my costume. "Anyone but you..." In case you couldn't tell, we're not the best of friends.

"How've you been?" I ask standing in a brightly lit white hallway splintering off from the main prison area. Believe it or not there's quite a few cells in this place, I didn't think people were competent enough to be considered so dangerous but it seems I was wrong.

"I'm a former Olympic Athlete who's stuck in prison." Aaron presses right up to the glass of his cell, a look of anger on his dark skinned face. "How do you THINK I'm doing?!"

"Alright?"

"Yeah I can't complain." He admits, stepping back and sitting down on his cell's bed. "We don't really get let out so I'm safe... but Matt-"

"Mark." I correct.

"You've gotta believe me..." It's at this point I see the desperation on his face and the fear in his eyes. "I did NOT leak anything to the media!"

"What about the drugs?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. Those are mine." Well at least he's honest. "But still! I don't like being falsely acc-"

"Mark!" Pfeifer calls from down the hallway. "It's time!" He doesn't seem happy about me talking to Aaron.

"Gotta go." I mutter before twirling on the spot and heading towards the Director.

"Whatever...." Brimstone sighs. As I walk down the hallway some of the occupants in the other cells perk up. Oh goody. They recognize me.

"What's a superhero doing down here?" A female prisoner purs, her eyes shaped like a cat.

"Taunting all the people I've locked up." I answer. Speaking of which.... "Hey Name Lime!" I say to another of the prisoners as I walk by. I don't know much about him. When we did meet he was under mind control... but honestly who cares? He's one of Peacekeeper's losers.

"It's Nate Lime!" He screams as I carry on walking. "NATE LIME!" Pfeifer gives me the look... a nickname for the look he gives when he's irritated with me. I step onto the small elevator merged with the ground.

"I don't want you talking with Brimstone." Pfeifer tells me as the elevator begins to descend into the floor. "There's a reason he was locked up."

"Sorry, DAD." I say.

As the two of us grow closer to our destination the sound of music begins to echo around us. I'm surprised my superhearing pick it up already... but the prison probably has some kind of power... removal... thing.

"You have 5 minutes." Pfeifer says as we land. "Stay behind the glass."

"There's a sign for that." I nod towards the large red sign on the wall next to me. "But thanks for reminding."

We're in a black cube beneath the ground we were already stood upon. Solitary containment. In the middle of the cube is yet another glass cell occupied by an elderly figure dressed in a bulky orange jumpsuit, music blaring out of a small portable radio next to him. It takes me a second but I remember the name of what he's listening to. "I don't want to set the World on Fire."

I step off the elevator, Pfeifer steps to the side of the room. He intends to keep an eye on the discussion about to take place.

"Hello, Marcus." A dry, cold voice says before I even get chance to start the conversation. "Have you finally come to talk?"

Matthew Scythe turns towards me, a crooked smile etched onto his dry lips. I step by the glass, memories of the pain this ba$tard caused me flashing through my mind.

"Think of it as an interrogation." I answer. Regretfully, Scythe laughs, his laughter sounding similar to nails dragging against a chalkboard.

"That's funny." He says when he finally stops laughing. "That's what I like about you, Mark. More then Wolffe... and Peacekeeper. You're always SO funny." He wipes away what looks like a tear from his eyes. "How's your daugh-"

"You mean the girl YOU kidnapped?!" I interrupt, trying to show some authority.

"Yes." Scythe switches his radio off, unfazed by my yelling. He stares straight into my eyes, like he's known me for years, genuine interest upon his face. "How's Daisy?"

"She's fine." I say, bitterness in my voice. "No thanks to you."

"Good!" He stands up, thin legs carrying his weight... and slowly walks towards the glass, hands behind his back. "I'm glad. That's the thing Mark, we're both... alike."

"We're NOTHING alike!" I almost smash through the glass. How DARE he say that! "You're a monster and a murderer!"

"Well... that's not entirely true, Mark. We'd both do anything for our families.... a monster wouldn't do that. A murderer might... but honestly you're no better. Do you honestly believe that every member of my security that you knocked unconscious survived my tower exploding?"

"That's your fault." He's the guy that blew it up anyway.

"He's lying anyway." Pfeifer says, I glance over my shoulder at him, having completely forgotten he was there. "Scythe doesn't have any living relatives."

This time Scythe snorts out of his nose, his smile widening even further until it reaches the tips of his cheeks.

"Do you actually thinkthat 'Scythe' is my real name?" He asks. "This isn't a movie... or a comic book. I'm not some cliche villain like Doctor Evil. Everyone has family... at least in this room. Isn't that right, Director Pfeifer?" The Director falls silent. "Speaking of 'dead' relatives, how's your daughter, director?"

"It's been 5 minutes." Pfeifer's voice is quiet yet quick. He grips me by the shoulder and practically drags me towards the elevator. "Time to go." Scythe puts his music back onto full volume.

"Come back anytime!" Scythe yells as the elevator lifts us away from him.

Pfeifer and I are both silent as we walk towards the exit.

My talk with Scythe didn't go as planned...

Next: The Fabulous Misadventures of Daisy Brooks!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Wow this was dark, although it's nice to know all Peacekeeper's foes are losers, remind me to ask you what you think when I finally reveal Whiplash.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: You are the one that introduced Laurent to the 5th Column World.

Whiplash?

No Caption Provided

Original name....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Then why's he called Whiplash? Is it because he has a large whip scar or something?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Because he can increase the gravitational effect on his victims up to about 8000 positive G

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@impurestcheese: ...Alright then.

Peacekeeper still fights losers though. :)

Probably why she will at some point end up fighting Mark. SOMEDAY!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Well until she gets some powers (never going to happen) she's never going to be able to take down the big names

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TommytheHitman

@impurestcheese: .... I see what you did there. Mark is totally a big name!

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Awesome little mini story. Totally forgot about Brimstone, though, but it sounds like the guy has some redeeming values. That conversation with Scythe was pretty intense too. Good job Tommy

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TommytheHitman

@knightofthechronicle: I love Brimstone. He's great.

Scythe is probably the Doctor Doom of 5th Column. Pretty evil. However he believes he has an excuse. Although his rivalry with Mark has become pretty personal at this point.

@impurestcheese: Yes ma'am...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#14  Edited By cbishop
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman:

"Speaking of 'dead' relatives, how's your daughter, director?"

Ooooooooooooo burn!

Good chapter, not much happens though

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74:

Well Pfeifer's daughter is actually alive as shown at the end of Issue 30 of WD. Yet someone has found out about it. Now right before Scythe mentioned Pfeifer's daughter he said, "Speaking of 'dead' relatives,"

So....

Meh. Was meant to give more of an insight into Mark/Scythe's relationship as well as putting a little bow on the head of the Assault on Beneforce story.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oooooooh, all the returning characters! How fun, how fun!

But Aaron in the super villain prison....? Lmao, they must have lower standards than I originally thought.

I looooooooved Scythe. Always have, always do. But yknow, like I always say, Pfiefer is one of my faves and he always steals the show IMO. Which is a good thing.

Also, I'm like 99.99% sure Batkevin got it. He said burn cuz Scythe not only called Pfiefer's huge bluff, but called it out in front of others.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TommytheHitman

Oooooooh, all the returning characters! How fun, how fun!

But Aaron in the super villain prison....? Lmao, they must have lower standards than I originally thought.

I looooooooved Scythe. Always have, always do. But yknow, like I always say, Pfiefer is one of my faves and he always steals the show IMO. Which is a good thing.

Also, I'm like 99.99% sure Batkevin got it. He said burn cuz Scythe not only called Pfiefer's huge bluff, but called it out in front of others.

Well Aaron knows quite a bit about the Response. So.... makes sense to lock him in the place where you're never getting out. Aaron will definitely be returning at some point since he's probably one of my favourite members of the Response.

I love Scythe too. He's really a very confident d!ckhead... and yeah.... he knows things about Pfeifer that he shouldn't.

I am curious about how you're going to write Pfeifer's personality when he inevitably encounters Wolffe. Especially since Wolffe would probably despise him.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: True. Guess it's a rather be safe than sorry kinda thing.

And yeah, they have to end up meeting at some point somehow, so it'll definitely be interesting when that happens.