Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Wind Duster #0

Wind Duster #1

Wind Duster #2

Indigo City, 2 Minutes after last issue.

I can hear the Ambulance sirens from a few streets away, luckily this time I've got my super hearing under control. By this time I've taken the coat from the unconscious mugger and wrapped it around the girl in an attempt to stop her from shaking. It's for shock... but she seems to be taking it well.

"They'll be here in a minute or two." I tell her. She nods at me in a way of saying 'thanks', shortly before standing up. The Ambulance pulls up right outside the alley and we can see the Medical Team rushing towards us. The girl smiles at them. She's probably glad to be alive. Good. Probably deserves it.

"Thank you..." She mutters as she turns around to look at me. "Thank y-" But I'm already gone. I pulled a Cape Man on her and teleported away when she wasn't looking. She looks for me in surprise as one of the Ambulance crew members walks towards her. She'll be alright now, I slump against the rooftop as the Ambulance below me whirs away... Jesus Christ that was awesome... my hood falls back as I sit up... and I let a grin escape my lips.

"You..." I mutter. "....are f#cking awesome!" I take a deep, deep, DEEP breath before stretching. I forgot how much teleporting takes it out of me. It's fine if I'm just teleporting my arm somewhere... or using it to grab something. But if I teleport my body it's a bit tiring. Ah well. It's probably best to call it a night. I pull my hood up... however my exhaustion doesn't stop my super hearing from picking up more police sirens. I glance over the rooftop to see several CBTF cars dashing down the street. They pull up outside the Winslow Bar a couple of buildings down, undoubtedly somebody's having Carrier trouble. The bar's an alright place... however I wouldn't want to be in there during a Carrier raid. Someone's probably been drinking too much inside... Carriers know better then to cause trouble in public... or in my case without a mask. The doors to the cars burst open and a couple dozen CBTF soldiers burst into the Pub carrying automatic weapons and Alien armor specifically designed to resist Carrier attacks.The Government's gotta be prepared somehow.

As I'm watching this scene a single thought goes through my mind. "There's no way in hell I'm going in there." Beating up a mugger is one thing... and even that took me a couple of minutes. Taking on people specifically trained to take down Carriers down (people with super powers... like me) is another. My super hearing clicks on and I hear the sounds of screaming and gunfire. Somebody's having a bad day... personally I've got nothing against the Task Force personally. They weren't around when I lost Mary to the Camps so it wasn't really their fault. It's their superiors I hate. The superiors' names who are on that list of guys I'm gonna kill... or maybe beat up. I haven't decided yet. Since they both work for the same time it's almost certain I'm gonna have to go up against them some day... but that's not today. I turn to leave before noticing something. Directly across the street from me... leading away from Winslow's is some idiot carrying a back pack. Pretty suspicious if I do say so myself. If the CBTF is after him he's probably a bad guy... so I'd probably better kick his teeth in. Quickly I teleport across the street directly in front of him and blast the idiot with a wind strike JUST as he's leaping between the buildings.

"Oh sh!t!" I yell as he falls into the alleyway. "Please don't be dead!" I mutter just before teleporting down. Luckily he's NOT dead. Or maybe unlucky since I'm gonna take him down. Instead he's groping on the floor for the... 'sigh' blue backpack he was carrying. No idea what's in there... probably drugs. "Leave it and surrender now!" I yell at him in the most heroic voice I can muster. I'm trying to get the whole superhero vibe going... even if it means having to sound weird.

"Officer, I'm having a real bad day..." The idiot mutters as he starts to turn around. He stops the second he notices my costume... and it takes him a second to take it in. What an idiot. You'd think in a world with Aliens... and super powers... and... I don't know... Demon Dog... anyway you'd think in a world with all THAT stuff in in, a guy in a costume wouldn't be that surprising. "Who the hell are you?!" He inquires... loudly. Now's my chance! Time to come up with a decent codename! Too bad it's on the spot. That's why I never did well in the Spelling Bee at school.

"Surrender now or face the wrath of..." Curse my lack of imagination! "...Wind Duster..." I groan. Stupid name... the guy smiles before pulling his black hood down. Maybe I should tear it off and add it to my costume once I take him down...

"Well... you either need a better name..." What an a$$hole. "...or psychiatric help; I personally don't have the time to-" Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. What a dooche! Insulting my name! Only I can get away with that! I'm about to blast this jerk with some wind to shut him up... but then he turns around to leave. Honestly I already want to shove this guy's balls down his throat... but him just deciding to leave?! That's it! I quickly teleport to his side and fire a wind blast right into his chest blasting him into the dumpster. I walk towards him and prepare to kick him in the throat when he bolts right up and smashes me in the face with some kind of ring he's wearing. No idea what the hell happens but somehow it creates a small explosion that knocks me to the other side of the alleyway. I'm gonna feel that one in the morning.

"Jesus..." I gasp before standing back up. The idiot's standing as well... somehow. Honestly nobody should be walking so soon after smashing into that dumpster like that... or after falling into the alley like he did... then it dawns on me. This SOB is a Carrier. Oh.... crap that makes sense. I'm not ready for this... if I'm right this guy has some kinda... explosion powers. If Daisy could see me now... HELL if Mary could see me now... they'd probably laugh at me.

"You wanna fight?!" The Carrier yells. Oh damn it he's pi$$ed. "Let's dance blueballs!"

Blueballs? What the hell does that even... forget it. Think of an epic comeback!

"Have it your way!" I reply. Fail.

The winds rip around me as I prepare to kick this guy's teeth in. It's been a pretty long night so far. Time for it to get bloody.

To be continued!

To see Heat Seeker's Take on this ordeal please check out: Heat Seeker #1 written by the Massively talented (not just saying that because he's my boss) Dngn4774!

Heat Seeker owned and created by Dngn4774 and used with his... 'permission'.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

@tommythehitman: Haven't actually read it yet. Will probably do so tonight. Working on some stuff. ;)

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Another round of brilliant humor for me. Really digging your story, bro.

Great job, again.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop What did you think Chum?

Now that I've read it, I have to say I'm liking it. This is going to be a careful balance for you though. Super characters that are unsure of their powers and apparently miserable failures at being super can wear thin quick, so the story has to be great to overcome that. Decent start so far, but this chapter needs some major editing around the middle. Words used twice in sentences and such. Waiting to see what's next.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@tommythehitman: Wow this some awesome stuff. You really studied my ending line for line, really makes it feel seemless. I'll get started on my next issue tomorrow after I catch up with my readings.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Yeah I got to read pretty much everything from August. Shouldn't take long, it's just a lot to process.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: No problem! Keep up the great work!

Hopefully tonight. If not, tomorrow. Been working on and off on it since I said I started it last week, but just haven't had time to finish it with school starting tomorrow.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Forgot to mention, the cosmic ring isn't a piece of jewelry it's literally a belt of asteroids that explode on impact. It orbits around Nate's waist like a ring of Saturn.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Intresting addition. Nothing that I can really say that hasn't already been said by the others

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: What district did the fight between Wind and Heat take place?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: It's fine if I'm just teleporting my arm somewhere....so he can teleport parts of his body? Just really asking for a clarification

Next!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cbishop
Tempest
Tempest

@batkevin74: I took it to be like he was reaching through a teleportational portal, the way Tempest did in Atari Force. The Spot does the same thing.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: He's done it a few times before. Like when he stole money from a cash register.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just realized I made Wind Duster call the Winslow Bar a 'pub' which is what people in England like myself call a bar. Problem is... Mark's American.

Will have to edit.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: We call them bars mostly, but we call them pubs and taps too. A lot of Irish named bars are named Pubs so we call them pubs. Nothing really wrong with calling it a pub for future reference.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liking this. Reminds me a lot of Ant-Man, of course you didn't base it off that though. The great humor and the father-daughter relationship is likely the cause of this. Though Daisy is cooler than Cassie.

If this was a movie though, I could see Edgar Wright or Peyton Reed doing it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: Edgar Wright would be my personal pick out of the two.