TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Background Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lChS4ZJtTXQ

The Assault on Beneforce: Finale

New York City, The remains of the Beneforce building...

"I'm a fan of finales, Marcus..."Scythe says as he hovers directly above me, his skeletal frame and pitch black eyes creating a nightmarish appearance that's forever locked into my brain. "This one is yours."

At this point I'm still on my knees screaming in pain as the black energy of death wraps itself around my body and starts shredding my nerves into tiny little pieces like a pair of scissors cutting paper into strips. The pain I'm feeling is comparable to someone pouring magma directly down someone's throat, it's complete agony. I can't even focus on teleporting to safety... or summoning a wind blast. The only thing I can think about... is how I'm going to die... and my daughter is going to probably get moved into someone else's care. With my luck it'll be Wolffe who gets to look after her.

"MARK!" A metallic voice yells from the entrance leading to the Office. Scythe turns his head in surprise towards the intruder before getting bombarded by dozens of tiny little golden beams of energy knocking him back a few steps. "Get the hell away from him!" Pfeifer snaps as he soars into the air, boot jets belching bright orange flames.

"Ah..."Scythe gasps before regaining his footing and rubbing his chest. "Director Pfeifer."The old man flicks his fingers sending the black aura around my body directly around Pfeifer's form, his armour doing nothing to halt the pain streaking around his body... it definitely doesn't stop the screaming. "I was hoping to save you for later. Ah well."

My vision's blurry from the pain... bones aching like they're about to collapse and my flesh feels like it's been cooked in a human sized oven for the past half hour. It's enough to make me beg for death... but then I latch onto a memory. My wife, Mary is stood above me, telling me to stand up. If I don't stand... Pfeifer's going to die... and my daughter will be next. I suck it up even though my body tells me not too... and I stand.

"Hey, Scythe!" I scream, throat cracking. The old man looks straight at me, his face lit up from the entertainment he's getting from the pain surrounding him... my head tries to think of a pun as I summon everything I've got into one big blast. He likes finales... "Roll credits!" I yell before unleashing the contained power of a hurricane straight forwards. Before Scythe can even process what he's seeing he crashes right through the building's wall before disappearing into the night sky. The rest of the wall collapses a second later.

Pfeifer's stopped screaming, probably due to Scythe having lost his focus. He looks straight at me as I offer my hand to help him up... and he nods at me with respect.

"We'd better get ready..." His voice filled with pain gasps before standing back to his full height. "I doubt that was enough to stop him."

"Thanks for the positive feedback..." I mutter before noticing the figure flying towards us in the distance. "But if it's all the same with you... I'm going to take this ba$tard down on my own..." Before Pfeifer can protest I continue to speak. "Get Daisy out of here..." I glance at my daughter's unconscious body, slumped on a chair. "I'll handle Scythe."

"Mark..." Pfeifer says slowly. "He'll kill you..."

"I didn't say, 'don't come back'!" I yell as the room begins to shake, the black figure seems to be getting ever closer to the building. "Go!" I snap at him. "Now!"

I remove all thought from my mind the second Pfeifer disappears and focus on projecting all my power into one, solid jump. Scythe continues to fly straight for me... and after a few seconds of non stop concentration... I jump. Air rushes around me as I rise into the night sky, the city of New York lurking below me... and I embrace it. Scythe turns in my direction and as I begin to plummet towards him I wrap my fist in more wind then I can probably handle. The two of us grow ever closer until finally our fists connect into each other.

Shockwaves get sent rippling around us and the two of us are sent falling towards the ground. Directly behind me the top of the Beneforce building explodes into debris sending a shower of concrete and metal in all directions. My first thought (as I'm plummeting towards the pavement) is to simply locate where Scythe is and keep fighting... but then I realize the huge chunks of debris will more then likely crush any pedestrians on the streets below. I halt my descent and scoop up the larger chunks of debris in wind similar to that of a slingshot. Some of the smaller pieces slip past... but there's nothing I can do.

By this time, Scythe is back in action. Once again flying towards me. I shoot the largest piece of debris at him and (judging by his sudden pause in movement) he seems taken aback by the gesture. His fist connects with the large chunk of concrete smashing it into thousands of pieces and he keeps flying towards his intended target.

Me.

I shoot several other pieces at him but this time he simply zips out of their path and carries on. Before I can even react he's already crashed directly into me and gripped me by the neck, his hand crushing my throat with ease. We're still heading straight up into the air and while he's gripping me I punch him in the skull with my left hand. Almost immediately pain shoots through my arm causing me to gasp in pain... I keep punching him anyway.

Looks like my left hand's broken... great. At least my ribs will have company.

"YOU'RE NOTHING!"Scythe screams, his face dripping with blood. From the looks of it a few small pieces of debris might have got through, injuring him slightly. Whether that's actually a positive or a negative remains to be seen. "NOTHING!"I open my mouth to reply however before I can, Scythe headbutts me directly in the face, crushing my nose and shooting blood out of my nostrils and into my mouth. I've found the downside of wearing a full face mask...

"PATHETIC!"He grips me my by my left hand, further crushing it in its already damaged state and dangling me precariously in the air. "This..."He gasps, the toll of the battle having caught up with him. "THIS is how I deal with my enemies!"I hear the snap before feeling the pain... and it dawns on me that my left arm has just been broken.

Do I scream? Well by this point my whole body has pretty much been smothered with pain so a small thing such as a broken arm doesn't really add much to the pile. All I can do really is open my mouth and gasp a few more times.

PAFF PAFF PAFF!!!

Scythe drops me as three blasts of orange energy strike him directly in the chest. My body begins to fall towards the black City below... and all I can do is think about how crap my life has gotten in the past few months. Looking back on it... if I had the option (which I did) I should have turned Snipes down when he offered me that costume.

Around me I see Pfeifer in his armour decking Scythe directly in the face before being gripped by the chest and tossed aside. The pavement rises up to meet me... and I pray to Adonai for one last teleport.

PWOP!

I collapse upon the cold, concrete road. People screaming all around me... I look to my left and notice a large piece of debris that I must have missed, smashed into the pavement.

"...oh well..." I mumble to myself before slowly closing my eyes. "....can't get them all..."

KRASH!

Scythe stands directly above me... he glares at me with utter hatred and says something before gripping me by a piece of hair jutting out of my mask and pulling me up into the air. I ignore the pain. Had enough of that recently...

"Time to die, boy."He spits. All respect having disappeared.

"HOLD IT!" Pfeifer yells as he flies towards us. He crashes upon the ground before pointing a small cannon on his wrist at us. "Drop him!" His voice seems to be shaking. Possibly the adrenaline coursing through his body... or he's nervous.

Scythe gives off his emotionless laugh.

"Showing mercy isn't going to prepare us for what's coming." He points out. "And besides... I highly doubt you'd be able to kill me with th-"

KLICK!

Pfeifer's cannon lights up bright blue... and does nothing. Scythe laughs once again. His white suit's drenched in blood and sweat, more then the Dry Cleaners can handle. I honestly hope it was expensive...

"I don't know WHY you're laughing." Pfeifer growls. "I just killed you." Scythe pauses and stares straight at the CBTF Director. The laughter stops completely.

"What have you done?"

"I've just uploaded everything about you and Beneforce to the Media."
Pfeifer admits.

Scythe simply stares at the Director... and slowly his body tenses up. It's like he's been stabbed through the chest.

"You dare?"He asks.

Pfeifer nods and lowers his wrist cannon. The battle's done.... and we've won.

"All the crimes against Humanity..." Pfeifer continues. "Kidnappings. Illegal Human Experimentation... I've just revealed everything about Beneforce to the World... and so have you." He glances at me. "I doubt you want to add first degree murder to the list." He adds.

Scythe screams in utter rage until his throat grows hoarse. He tosses me to the ground and I just stare at the pavement, lacking the energy to turn my body onto my back. I can barely hold back my tears of pain... but at the end of it all I really feel is numb. Probably due to the broken bones I've got.

"I'm going to kill the both of you."Scythe tells us while focusing on Pfeifer. "One day... none of you will be safe. I will find you. Both of you... Marcus' daughter will die slowly. Anyone you've ever loved... I will-"

KLANG!

Scythe's body falls to the ground. He's unconscious... Pfeifer shakes his hand slightly and sighs before walking over to me and pulling me up by my back.

"...Pfeifer..." I mumble, my left arm hanging limp at my side.

"It's over, Mark..." He tells me while helping me into the street. "We did it..." He pulls off his helmet and tosses it to the ground. Before us stand several TV News Crews.... all holding and pointing cameras at our battered and bruised bodies. My mask (while torn) still covers the majority of my face. Doesn't seem like I'll be talking to Oprah anytime soon...

"Director Pfeifer!" The cameraman from Fox News yells at us. "What's happened here? Who's this person you're with?"

Pfeifer glances at me before gripping my right arm in his giant metal hand.

"His name.... is Wind Duster." My arm rises into the air and is greeted by the flash of dozens of cameras. Pfeifer activates his suit's loudspeaker as the Police Sirens grow ever closer. "And we're the World's Greatest Superheroes!"

The End!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Well doesn't that make things interesting. Just a shame the greatest hero in the world hasn't been back in Indigo dealing with what's going on there...the public won't be pleased

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I'm pretty sure Mark's going to be busy with the 'secret' project that's getting posted tomorrow.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Perhaps, being group leader I wish I knew what it was and how much of an impact it'll have on the 5th Column Verse

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: You know how I felt about this issue. Good work. Looking forward to the next time we meet Scythe.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: Roll credits. Got to hand it to Mark for having the lamest catchphrases in the history of ever!

Interesting way to win a fight, by shaming them on a global scale. Also makes him more dangerous when he comes back for revenge!

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: That was an awesome finale to the story arc. You should be really proud of this series, Tommy, it's pretty awesome