TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The Assault on Beneforce: Part 2.

New York City, Beneforce Headquarters

Any possible doubts I had about bringing Pfeifer with me on this mission are removed the moment I step into the Lab department of the Beneforce building. The metal doors slide open revealing one of those weird, white rooms you only see in the movies. Stood inside is Pfeifer,he's in the middle of crushing a security turret and is still wearing his power armour WHILE being shot at by several Security Guards. The only thing is he's not diving for cover or anything like that. He's just kinda stood in the middle of the room calmly... and the bullets are pinging off his body.

"Hi, Mark."He says before pointing his open palmed hand towards the group of guards and letting loose a burst of bright orange energy directly inbetween the group causing an explosion that sends them all flying across the lab.

BZANG!

Pfeifer turns to me and pulls off his helmet, revealing his completely calm face. It's almost like he's completely at home... and completely happy in the middle of the action. "Any luck?" He asks. I glance at the unconscious bodies he's left in his wake and then look at him.

By this point we've been in the Beneforce building for about 10 minutes. The alarms are still blaring and over the past few minutes I've encountered about half a million people that have tried to kill me.

"Not yet." I admit, feeling slightly weak in comparison to the armoured Pfeifer. "I've checked the bottom levels of the building for Daisy." I sigh. "Couldn't find her anywhere."

Pfeifer nods before pulling a metal flash from his suit's magnetic belt and taking a drink from it. "Then we'll keep heading up." He decides before offering the flask over. "Want a drink?" He asks.

"Sure." I take the flask from him and take a sip. Bourbon.

"I came to the labs for intel." He continues before taking back his flask and reattaching it to his belt. "Let's see what we can find..."

I nod to him and suddenly get the sense that Pfeifer is enjoying every minute of this little... epidemic we're currently in. He walks to a nearby computer and inserts a small wire dangling from the side of his helmet into the machine's USB drive.

"It'll take a second." He says before glancing around the slightly scuffled lab, upon the walls of the place lie multiple sharp looking tools... as well as an operation table behind a protected glass room.

"What were they doing here?" I mutter to myself, wincing slightly as the constantly blaring alarms begin to grate on my ears similar to nails scratching on a chalkboard. Pfeifer shrugs slightly before pulling out his small computer wire and pulling back on his helmet.

"I have no-"He starts to say before stopping. His body stiffens into something resembling a military stance and all the calmness in his posture seems to disappear. "...oh."

"What?"

The suit's eyes flash red and seem to stare right into my soul. A metallic whirring seems to fill the air and I realize that Pfeifer is reactivating his suit's systems.

"Super soldiers."He mumbles. "They've been stripping Carriers of their powers and planting them into their Soldiers."

Pfeifer falls silent again.

"And... what happens to the Carriers?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

Pfeifer taps a button on his wrist causing the wall behind him to seemingly open up, similar to a Bank Vault opening. The stench hits my nostrils first... it's almost as horrifying as the pile of black, lifeless bodies piled inside the small room. The buzzing of flies being their soul occupant...

"Oh my god..." I gasp before almost vomiting into my mask. Somehow I find the strength to keep the sickness down... and I take a stand. My legs shake... and as I begin to speak my voice joins them. "Where..." I say in my shaking voice. "....IS. MY. DAUGHTER?!" I scream, the items in the room around us begin to shake and it's at that moment... I realize there's no more holding back.

"She's on the top floor."Pfeifer tells me, his care free persona has disappeared... and as he stares at me his voice seems to become much more cautious. "In the CEO's offic-"Before he can even finish his sentence I summon the funnel of wind I used earlier and tear apart the above ceilings before zooming up to the top floor of the Beneforce building, almost immediately after I appear in the hallway leading to the CEO's office the entire place has been completely demolished into nothing but debris... and nothing's standing in the area except for the walls, roof and the doors leading to the boss' office.

I send a huge wind blast smashing the doors into splinters, guess it's just the walls and roof now... I step into the room to find myself surrounded by several Security Guards, all with guns aimed at my skull. Behind the guards are two people, one is old as dirt and dressed in a white suit... and the other... is tied to a chair with a black bag covering her head. It takes me a second to realize this is my daughter... and she's being held hostage like something out of a terrorist video.

"Hello, Mister Br-" I don't even listen to whoever's talking. I whip my arms around my body sending two whips of wind sending all the guards' flying back and crashing into the walls.

"My. Daughter." I say, my fists' shaking. I glare at the old man stood before me. "Give her to me." He's carrying nothing. He has no weapons. From what I can tell he's not a Carrier... and I couldn't care less.

"That's incredibly rude." He sighs before wiping a bit of dust from his shoulder. He steps forward with his old, aching bones and stares at me. He squints slightly and grins revealing rotten teeth. "Mark Brooks..." His smile grows larger and he makes me want to pummel him into the ground. "...or do you prefer Wind Duster?"

"I'd prefer to snap your neck." I answer.

"Good!" He gives off a cold, lifeless laugh that sends a shiver down my spine. "That's the kind of answer I'm looking for!" I notice he's holding a small walking stick. He taps it on the ground twice and almost immediately two attendants walk into the ruined office carrying two chairs. One of them places it by his Master, cowering while he does it and grips him by the hand to help him sit down.

"Thank you." He says before the attendant scurries back where he came.

The other attendant places the chair right by me. He glances at me and I stare back at him.

He leaves even quicker then the first one.

"So... Mister Brooks." He continues. "Take a seat." He gestures to the chair.

"I'll stand." I answer.

The old man gives off a look of utter disappointment before rolling his eyes and glaring straight at me.

"Let's talk." He says.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Memo to Xiphos Biotechnology Solutions...work harder

That is all

E.Clayton

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Wait... did... did you read it or... or are you commenting on how quickly I posted the next issue?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Hell I'm pretty sure Lex Hard is trying to do the exact same thing. Or he believes in it anyway.

These three corporations just need to sit down and hash this thing out.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Xiphos is part of the Scahill Technologies 'Octopus', eight corporations owned by Tori Scahill

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: Nicely done. Really looking forward to meeting this antagonist, cause now I'm in uncharted territory (stuff we haven't talked about in the PM). Loved the rageful burst to the too floor to save Daisy, and my favorite part was the reveal of the carrier bodies- as that is something you might've made an offhand remake about and it could really start something if it was to get leaked to the media....

Only thing I had a wee bit trouble with was that Mark would take the time to even chat with the villain seeing as how, by the looks of it, he's defenseless. As in Mark would just say screw you to the old man and just save Daisy, but I understand what you're doing here and why- I mean for all Mark knows that came that magically summons servants with two taps could blow up the building in four or five taps. So. Yeah. Very minor gripe.

Solid work. Really, really looking forward to the next one. :D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Stood inside is Pfeifer,he's in the middle of crushing a security turret and is still wearing his power armour WHILE being shot at by several Security Guards. Standing instead of stood, space after Pfeifer, security guards don't need capitals

Pfeifer turns to me and pulls off his helmet, revealing his completely calm face. It's almost like he's completely at home... and completely happy in the middle of the action. "Any luck?" He asks. I glance at the unconscious bodies he's left in his wake and then look at him.

By this point we've been in the Beneforce building for about 10 minutes. The alarms are still blaring and over the past few minutes I've encountered about half a million people that have tried to kill me. No real need for the space, just make it all one paragraph

now Mark got poisoned last chapter...and nothing's happened. Oversight or is the adrenaline of looking for Daisy keeping it at bay?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TommytheHitman

@batkevin74: Yeah it was the adrenaline. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Little heart to heart between Mark and Scythe seems like...not such a good idea. If I was Mark I would've teleported him out of there already and taken my daughter home. Great chapter man