TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The Beginning of the End of the End of the Beginning: Part 3

Indigo City

My name's Mark Brooks, in case this is your first time here... I'm a Superhero. In fact I'm the World's Greatest Superhero. Which isn't really saying much when you consider the fact that I'm pretty much the World's only superhero. Sure there was the Quoll... but he's dead. Recently I heard about some chick getting into a fight with a few Komodo Dragons but... anyway I'm rambling. Probably due to this possibly being the last time I'll ever get to do this random little monologue thing that I sometimes do in my head. Over the past three months of my life I've encountered a few snags in my adventures... a group of Assassins being among them... and if I'm being honest at this moment this is probably the biggest threat I've gone up against...

Firstly I'm down on my knees with a gun aimed directly at my skull, courtesy of the guy standing next to me who seems to have walked right out of a Space Wars convention, lying on my bed, bleeding to death is Snipes, again courtesy of the Lord Vader ripoff... and if I get the chance I'm going to ripoff that guy's arm. Unfortunately I'm probably not going to get that chance since I'm drugged up to my skull in a mixture of pure Stardust and something else which my assassin has neglected to inform me of.

Or maybe he has. My super hearing seems to be acting up.

BLAM!

I feel a bullet smash into my skin and shudder slightly making me feel like I'm sick. My head feels like it's going to explode... yet surprisingly I still haven't collapsed to the ground yet. It's weird but I assumed that the second a bullet hit me in the head I was going to die. Seemingly not.

"What the hell?!" I hear Vader yell next to me.

BLAM!

Another bullet hits my skin, I shudder once more... but yet again nothing happens. My feet seem to return to my body, my head clears... and I stand up. Vader stares at me... and even though he's wearing a mask across his face I can tell that he's clearly shaking in his boots. It's at this point that I notice the Purple Aura hovering over my body.

"What. The. Fu-" Vader starts to say before I turn off my super hearing. It's nice for once to not hear every single thing happening in the City... it should happen more often.

I feel fantastic! Better then fantastic! I feel like I could go head to head with Lex Hard... and win!

Vader stares at me as I pull on my mask. No particular reason why... it just makes me feel better when fighting crime. He fires another bullet at e and it disappears the second it hits my skin. The aura ripples across my skin like a river... granted it probably makes me look ridiculous... but I could get used to it. Not getting shot is a plus.

"You alright Snipes?" I ask my friend lying to my left. He gargles at me... hard to make out what he's saying... but I manage to make out two words. Kick and Ass. "I plan too." I tell him.

"Oh sh!t." Vader mumbles as I begin to summon a whip of all powerful wind around my body.

"Sh!t is right." I tell him before blasting off directly towards the Assassin, the objects in the room are sent flying, however for once in my life... I don't care. Property Damage can go f/ck itself. I smash into Vader at an incredibly fast speed. The sound of glass shattering fills my ears and together we smash through the brick and cement that was originally my bedroom wall. We tear into the bright blue Indigo City skyline, debris flying all around us... and we plummet towards the streets below.

KRASH!

Debris and cars get sent flying the moment we both crash into the ground. I teleport a few of the cars out of the way before landing perfectly to the ground with a gust of wind slowing my descent.

The same can't be said for the Assassin.

Slowly he emerges from the crater we've created, his black body suit being almost completely torn... and certain areas of his body being pretty bruised and bloody. It figures that he's got durability, all the other Assassins I've faced did. He pulls out his pistol, his hand shaking... and it makes me laugh slightly because he thinks that's going to help him.

"Y... you don't know what you're doing here, Brooks!" He yells. "Messing with the wrong guys!" I grin behind my mask.

"You started it." I tell him. He fires his gun, the bullet disappears and I swipe my hand to the right, a scythe of wind knocks his weapon out of his hand. "And I know exactly what I'm doing." I slowly begin to walk towards this pr!ck and he begins to back away. "I'm going to tear off your mask." I tell him. "Find your boss." He falls to the ground and I pull him up into the air by the scruff of his neck. "And then I'm going to kill him for kidnapping my daughter." A CBTF truck pulls up behind us and I tear off the man's mask. Don't recognize him. Pfeifer will know who he is.

"Wh... who are you?" He asks in a quivering voice. I chuck him to the ground for the CBTF soldiers. He had no idea what he was going up against.

"I'm the goddamn Wind Duster." I say before teleporting away into a flash of bright purple light.

My apartment's in shambles when I reappear, everything's tossed over on the ground but that's largely unimportant. I step over a smashed chair and walk into my utterly demolished bedroom.

"Mark..." The bloody, battered body of Snipes says from my bed. A huge wound's cut across his chest and his left log seems to be broken. "...I'm..... so sorry..."

I kneel by Snipes' side and grip his bright red hand.

"I'm here Snipes." I say. "I'm here... it's time to get you to a hospi-"

"They took her Mark..." He says before giving a deep, painful cough. Snipes turns his head to look straight at me and I see large tears rolling down his cheeks. "Your flower..." He gasps. "They took Daisy.."

"I know. And I'm going to get her back. But fi-"

"My fault..." He coughs again, quieter this time. "All my fault..." I open my mouth to tell him he's not to blame... however he continues to speak. "That girl loves you, Mark." He tells me.

"I know." Silence rings through my ears.

"You... you have to be there for her..." He croaks. His voice dying just as much as his body. "Get that girl back, Mark..." He tells me, his grip increasing around my knuckles.

"Get her..."

His hand goes limp and his eyes gloss over before closing.

Tears streak down my face and I stand up before staring at the corpse of the bravest man I've ever known.

"Goodbye." I whisper before passing out.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sheesh, I liked snipes! Good story, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I wonder if he could take Lex on.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: I liked Snipes as well... which is why I'm now going to be sad for the rest of the day.

I would like to see that fight! I would definitely say that they're on a similar power level now. Problem is that Mark has only just started to use his powers while Lex has been using them at that level of power since the Great Impact.

....aw. Snipes.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea but Mark's powers are suited for fighting Lex lol. Mark is long ranged with the ability to close the distance quickly. Lex has yet to show a long. Distance ability to if we're going based off of feats Mark has a good chance at victory

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: You should start cranking out some more issues.

Yeah but Lex has a lot more brute strength and force. Something that Mark has but he tends to follow a relatively simple formula of (Wind Blast, Teleport, Wind Blast and Wind Blast). The only real time that he's completely overhauled this formula is when he got into that fight with Alex Wolffe in which case he used his surroundings to his advantage.

I like how we're complimenting the other guy's character rather then defending our own.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The other guy's a good guy lol.

I really want to bring out more issues, I'm currently working on something that should give a little back story for Lex.

Your guy can hit mine when I can't even get close to him, so that's a pretty good advantage

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Lex has fought Mark before and would know to get in close before Mark can do anything. I doubt he wants to get teleported to the other side of the planet again.

Oh look. This just became a Battle Forum.

Let's agree to disagree. Both these guys can kick the crap out of the Quoll.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Why teleport him across the planet when he can teleport him straight up into space and let the vacuum of space kill him and/or the fall back to Earth.

Haven't read it, was checking if I had which is how I ended up commenting. Will scroll back to find the last one I read. You also should put links in to previous chapters...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Comic Vine's link system doesn't work for me anymore...

And I highly doubt Mark would do such a thing...

Except for the guy he promises to kill in this issue.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: lmao yes that's so true! May he Rest in Peace.

Wouldn't it be cooll though as a battle forum?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Yeah. He's dead. Lol!

It would. However.... it would probably got taken off.

And not enough people have read our stories to actually debate about it.

We could always debate about it on the PM though.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should do that, although my feats are more limited

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pm

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: You killed Snipes, congrats. I can see this as the point that Mark goes over the edge

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TommytheHitman
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Wow, supercharged stardust Wind Duster is a bad a$$...R.I.P. Snipes...