TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

The Beginning of the End of the Beginning... Part 1

I wake up and immediately I feel like something's wrong, it's dark. Pitch black in fact... around 7 in the morning... and my back is aching from how I landed on my back last night after tripping while running across rooftops.

Slowly I get up out of bed and pull on some clothes in order to cover myself up. "Hello?" I yell while opening the door leading to the hallway. "Daisy? Snipes?" A noise comes from the Kitchen and a shadowy figure steps into the hall... and he's carrying a bottle of whiskey.

"The hell do you want?!" Snipes tells at me. "Daisy's sleepin'!" He walks towards me and drinks half his drink in a single gulp.

"Sorry, Snipes." I tell him. "I just th-"

The phone goes off next to me causing us both to jump slightly at the sudden noise.

"Hello?" I say into the speaker.

"We've got a Shipment of Stardust zooming down Kingsville. Possibly part of the Street Gang known as The Pack." Pfeifer tells me down the phone rather quickly. "I've got a Squad of Police Cruisers heading after it as well as a TV Crew waiting for you."

It's too early to process that much information.

"...what do you want me to do about it?" I ask while rubbing my eyes free of that weird sleep stuff that appears when you wake up.

"Make it look good." He answers before disconnecting.

POP!

My costume appears around me covering every inch of my skin, Snipes stares at me with a look of sadness in his eyes.

"Sorry, Snipes." I yawn before pulling on my mask. "Duty calls." He drops the bottle to the ground causing it to spill slightly on the carpet. "...I hope you're cleaning that up." I point out.

"Mark..." He says. "I was tryin' to let you figure this out yourself... but you need to talk to Daisy." He places his hand on my shoulder. "She barely sees you, now. This whole 24 hour hero thing ai-"

"She'll be fine, Snipes." I brush his hand off. "That girl's stronger then you think." He opens his mouth to reply.

POP!

I teleport away leaving him alone in the living room and reappear on a rooftop overlooking Kingsville. I prefer to avoid this district of the City whenever I can... it's really sunny all the time, people smile... hell, even the gang bangers smile here. It's way too nice for me. A quick tap into my super hearing tells me the direction which the police cruisers are headed in. I teleport in that general direction and end up directly on the rooftop above what seems to be a large white van dashing down the street.

Should be easy enough to handle.

POP!

I appear on top of one of the police car's right behind the van.

"Tell the other cars to stay back!" I instruct the officers that are currently staring at me in surprise. I wait a few seconds for them to respond and when they just carry on staring I carry on with the plan that I'm making up as I go along. A quick teleport takes me to a taxi cab right next to the speeding van, both are moving at around the same speed.

Freakin' cab drivers.

One of the van's drivers stares at me just as I unleash a blast of wind directly into the corner of the van's front section causing it to suddenly start spinning out of control directly towards the pavement.

"You spin me round..." I mutter before summoning a burst of wind to shoot me up into the air giving me an over view of the situation. Adrenaline rushes through my body and time slows down allowing me to quickly process what the hell is going on. The van is going to crash right into some idiot that's stood completely still on the pavement. He's going to spend the next few years of his life in recovery unless I do something. Sure, a teleport would probably help to handle the problem... but Pfeifer wants me to make it, 'look good',

Gotta give the boss what he pays for, right?

A gust of wind in my back propels me towards the pavement, I land quickly and grab the civilian before bursting right up into the sky while carrying the guy by the armpits straight upwards. The van crashes into the building beneath us and gets wedged in the concrete just as we both land. I let the guy go and he stumbles forward in shock.

"You're... you're that Wind Duster guy!" He stammers while looking at me with disbelief.

"Sure am." I mutter while glancing at the Van just in case anything happens.

"Can I have your autog-" Before the guy can finish his sentence I hear the click of a gun right by my skull.

POP!

I teleport both myself and the autograph guy across the street just as a bullet shoots exactly where my skull was. "Get out of here." I tell him before turning towards the shooter. The air shimmers... and a figure appears. He's stood right by where I was standing and carrying a submachine gun in his hands.

"Hi there." The Shooter says. "Name's Shimmer, you little pr!ck. Been looking forward to meeting you." He's wearing a trench coat, duster hat and those boots that cowboys used to wear in Westerns back in the 60s.... in fact his entire theme seems to be based upon Gunslingers.

"Let me guess..." I mutter. "You're a Super Villain?"

"More like a Bounty Hunter. Been hired to take you out." Shimmer growls before spitting on the ground like some kind of thug.

"Really?"

"Sure have."

"You're gonna kick the crap out of me?"

Shimmer smiles before aiming straight at me with his gun. His right eye squints and his finger twitches on the trigger.

"You're, GOD. DAMN. RIGHT!"

I have absolutely zero time for this sort of crap...

No Caption Provided

Next Issue: Wind Duster VS Shimmer!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop

@tommythehitman: A cowboy bounty hunter named Shimmer? Must be friends with The Rawhide Kid.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Don't make me admit my guilty secrets. Already freaking out because one of my eyes is greener than the other

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Love this, man. This has hands down become my favorite 5th Column story (sorry Quoll)