5th Column Comics: Thin Purple Line #3 of 4

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Part 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-thin-purple-line-1-of-4-1695070/#10

Part 2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-thin-purple-line-2-of-4-1695229/#10

“Who is this?” asked Aiden trying to place the voice.

“Have a guess,”

“Captain?”

“Very good. So what are you doing tonight?”

“I’m on duty tonight…Jasmine.”

“And that’s your first strike. It’s Jessica.” And with that the phone went dead.

Aiden smiled and placed the phone down. “She wants me.”

Aiden screeched the squad car to a halt. Brad and Jen Knight, the distraught parents of kidnapped girl Wendy Knight, flew out of the car towards the officers on the scene. Aiden watched as they reunited with their daughter. (Details herehttp://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-database-one-shot-1694825/#15)

“What the hell happened?” asked Aiden as he approached Officer Tyson Brewer.

“Some…” Tyson looked around to make sure the coast was clear. “Some vigilante found the kidnappers, gave them a good kicking and called the cops.”

“Peacemaker?”

Tyson shrugged “No idea. Makes our job easier.”

“Why the hell do I bother coming to work then?” said Aiden in frustration. His eyes drifted over to the crying family, hugging each other for all they were worth. “At least this one has a happy ending.”

“I hear that.” Tyson looked over to see some approaching cars. “And here come the vultures. Scissors, paper, rock for crowd control?”

“You always lose,” chuckled Aiden as he readied his hand. Tyson winked and they played.

“Suck on that paper, Jackson!” laughed Tyson as his paper covered Aiden’s rock. “Been practising.”

“You’re an idiot,” grumbled Aiden as he headed towards the reporters and camera crews. “BACK IT UP PEOPLE!”

I hate reporters!

I get they’re doing their jobs but seriously they’re parasites! Pushing all the buttons, creeping up as far as they can, pestering for quotes or extra information, making up stuff if they don’t get what they want! And like lawyers they’re always around where there’s tragedy, misery or loss.

There’s one in particular; Nikki Hood. Works for Indigo News Online. Fat little rat woman! Gets under my skin. If I wasn’t a cop and she wasn’t a woman…she’s just a little bitch.

Aiden parked his car and walked the block to his apartment. Nightshift was always disorientating but by doing it he got four days off in a row, so it was a disguised blessing. As he entered the lobby he noticed as strange man waiting for the lift. He was wearing a long thick coat. Aiden checked his mailbox as the wheels turned in his head over this guy. The elevator dinged.

“Hold it open!” Aiden said as he gathered his mail. The doors began to close so Aiden skipped across the lobby and jammed his hand making the lift shudder open. “Thanks man, really appreciate it.”

The man shrugged apathetically as he stood in the corner. Aiden pressed 34 and stood in the other corner of the small smelly lift. Aiden lived here because it was cheap as cops didn’t get paid well. He grabbed his phone and opened the Indigo PD app. Something about this guy bugged him. Aiden typed in his password and scrolled through the screens as he sneakily twisted his phone sideways and took a quick picture. The app scanned the picture and brought up six pictures and bottom left was his guy.

{Myers, Milos. A.k.a: Kilohertz, Killa-Hurtz. Age: 24. BOLO. Recently escaped custody. Considered armed and dangerous. CBTF warning. Career change? Click link for CBTF employment}

Aiden looked at the floor his lift companion had chosen, 37. He put his phone away and watched the faded floor counter tick over. The elevator dinged and he stepped out, headed left and then ran towards the fire escape. Aiden dug his gun and radio of the bag and flew up the stairs. The lift was old and clunky hopefully giving him time to get up three floors to get the drop on this carrier &^%!

I ain’t a hero. I’m a cop. I do my job and hopefully I go home every night…or day depending on the shift.

Heroes are…I dunno. I know I’m not one, I’m just a cop. Sometimes you get lucky.

“This is Officer Aiden Jackson,” Aiden panted as he sprinted up the fire escape. “Requesting immediate backup. I ha…” Aiden paused at the door for the 37th floor, carefully pulling it open. He checked the corridor before heading to the lift. The concrete floor was covered in a layer of water, which now explained why the roof in his apartment dripped, must complain again to the super. The lift dinged, and the doors slowly opened. Aiden hurled his gym bag into the startled Killa-Hurtz.

“ICPD freeze!”

Killa-Hurtz staggered to his feet tossing clothes everywhere glaring at the gun toting man before him. He simply smiled as the lift doors began to close.

The criminal smirked. “Didn’t think this through did you?”

Aiden cursed in Indonesian and charged forward to stop the doors just like on the ground floor when Killa darted forward, grabbed his arms and flung him into the lift. Aiden smacked against the back wall, spun around and fired as Killa ducked, fumbling to get his coat off.

“I’m gonna liquefy your brain!” Killa-Hurtz snarled batting the gun out of Aiden’s hands. Unphased Aiden shoulder charged the carrier criminal pinning him to the wall and head butted him, the nasty chock sound of skulls colliding echoing in the tiny space. Killa shoved the ICPD officer back and got an arm out of his coat before Aiden slammed a foot into the exposed rib section, sending Killa into the gap making the lift doors scream in electronic agony as they’d been left open too long. Leading with his knees, Aiden jumped onto Killa’s back and began punching him savagely in the back of the skull. Killa-Hurtz thrashed to get up but Aiden had the high ground, almost like when older siblings pin down younger ones except this was a lot more vicious.

“You’re dead!” spat Killa-Hurtz writhing like a snake.

“And you’re under arrest!” Aiden smashed him square in the mouth. Teeth cracked and blood flew. Killa roared in pain much to Aiden’s dismay as he thought it was going to be the knockout blow. Kicking his legs up, Killa-Hurtz arched his back and using his wings which now exploded out of the coat, flipped Aiden out into the corridor like a ragdoll. The young officer spun towards the concrete wall, bent his legs and in a display of acrobatics he’d never be able to replicate if he tried, kicked off the wall onto his hands and back into a standing position.

“Oh get *&^$!” said Killa as Aiden stepped forward and power kicked him right on the top of the skull. The mutated carrier went out like a light. Aiden quickly grabbed his gun and dragged the unconscious man out of the lift to stop the squealing.

“^&%$#g cock-a-roach!” huffed Aiden.

“Ha!”

Aiden spun around, gun up but there was nobody there. He did a quick circle before returning to the noise. Someone else was here, laughing at his bad impression.

“ICPD!”

Aiden moved his gun around as he pointed at the air. His eyes darted about but there was nothing but the concrete walls, the unconscious bad guy and two footprints in the water.

“Don’t move!” he said sternly pointing the gun in the direction of the footprints. Ever so quietly the footprints went from flat shoe prints to tippy-toe like indents.

“I may not be able to see you but I’ve got seven more shots in here,” Aiden said. “Show yourself!”

The indent went from two to one. Aiden squinted just in case he was missing something before turning his gun on the fire extinguisher, pumping a round into it. Fire retardant chemicals engulfed the corridor exposing a man balancing on one foot now coughing his guts up from the sudden explosion of white pressurised powder.

“Get on the ground, NOW!” barked Aiden.

“We keep meeting like this and people will start talking,” cautioned Captain Jessica Dawson as she entered the scene. Sitting handcuffed to some water pipes was a guy coated in white and an obviously concussed guy with wings. “What happened?”

“You can speak to Officer Jackson when I’ve finished,” Detective Morgan Bishop commented.

“Really?” Dawson purred as she blew smoke out her nose. “Does that guy over there have wings?”

“He d…”

“Then it’s CBTF jurisdiction. Take a walk Bishop.” The veteran detective glared at the CBTF captain, Jessica smiled. “Want to take a swing? Just remember, unlike your wife I’ll hit back.”

Aiden stood there shocked, but not as shocked as Bishop. It was kind of an open secret that Morgan Bishop was an alcoholic and vented his frustrations out on his long suffering wife.

“Well?” goaded Jessica as she waited for Bishop to do something. The detective turned a deep shade of crimson and stormed off.

“Jesus!” said Aiden equally shocked and impressed at Dawson’s upfrontness.

“He’s a prick dinosaur that somehow didn’t get eaten by a blight,” Dawson remarked. “Now Officer Jackson, explain all this.”

“Over coffee?”

Dawson shook her head. “No, and that puts you on strike two. Start at the start.”

I hate formal interviews. Remembering details. And then getting raked over the coal if you forget stuff or add stuff. Sooner they give us body-cams the better, but most of the law & order budget goes to the CBTF. Us regular cops have outdated equipment while they get all the new fancy stuff, hell The Response’s just got a new headquarters!

We’ll probably find out in a few years they siphoned the money out of our pensions or something. That Morris Feather who runs the CBTF isn’t a saint…there’s something off about him. Haven’t met him but watching seeing him around, he gives off the vibe he’s dirty and trying to overcompensate.

Dawson is…she’s hot. Shame she’s a smoker and a bit of a bitch too…who am I kidding she’s totally into me!

To be continued…

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: He he, Killa-Hurtz will think twice about breaking out of prison now. Not sure who I like more Jackson or Dawson, both are great but I can't decide who my favourite is.

Also Kill-Hurtz is a cicada not a cockroach

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: To a regular guy Killa-Hurtz is a cockroach, and the more he protests the more it'll stick :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TommytheHitman

Dang it. Everyone else keeps coming up with amazing names for Villains... Sharkopath... Killa-Hurtz.

Damn you Batkevin.

Good issue. Probably my favourite so far as it's just very cool seeing regular cops go up against superhuman Carriers.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Sigh you forgot that Killa-Hurtz was originally a Peacekeeper villain

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Still doesn't mean he's not dangerous

true, just not right now as he's in custody again and probably off to the DICC

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: I can't decide if this is going to end in Aiden getting punched or getting laid. That being said, I love this story and I can't wait to see how it ends. Also, shout out to Database! (I definitely gave you too much info in the PM, sorry about that)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: He he he, that's okay and it's all good now that the Knight family is all safe and sound...for now.

As for Aiden getting some action, in either sense of the word, well you're probably right. We'll see in the conclusion

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is one of my favorite 5CC stories so far. Very well written, and the action is very well done as well.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So it was Dawson.... Damn. She REALLY wants him if she called four times lmao. I would've thought strike 1 would've been not answering, but maybe I'm just picky.

Nice to see Killa Hurtz again. He was fun when Cassie/Terra fought him, and he was fun when Aiden fought him. Only thing I have to say on the other end of the spectrum is that I would've liked to see more of the Invisible Man.

I'm really loving Dawson. She absolutely and completely destroyed Bishop (I dunno if this was intentional, but making the senior officer named Bishop seemed like a fun reference to Cbishop). And she's just really fun to read about.

BUT my favorite part was the foreshadowing about Director Pfeifer. He's always shown as a high and mighty saint in the Response, but in Selfless and now this it's nice to see characters seeing a dark side to Pfeifer. Another good issue.

Will read the next one tmrw, but I hope it isn't the end.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: Dawson is the one dishing out the strikes, not Aiden :)

And Bishop was named for @cbishop in name only, mainly as I needed a solid old school name. Detective Morgan Bishop is a dinosaur cop from a bygone age and in no way a reflection upon our talented librarian

As for the invisible guy, well just head on over to part 4, you'll see.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

And Bishop was named for @cbishop in name only, mainly as I needed a solid old school name. Detective Morgan Bishop is a dinosaur cop from a bygone age and in no way a reflection upon our talented librarian

Ironically, my father is a retired cop, and my aunt is a retired detective. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers