5th Column Comics: Thin Purple Line #2 of 4

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Have you ever got glass in your eye? No?

Well neither have I but I guess the closest thing to it is getting face full of military grade pepper spray! At the academy we all get pepper sprayed so we know what it feels like and it’s this weird “you can only use it if you know how it feels” policy that extends to the tasers as well. For some reason it doesn’t apply to my gun?

Now the pepper spray I’ve been hit with stung, I mean really stung. Eyes closed up, nose running, burning sensation. All you can really do is sit and wash your face for an hour and after that it still tingles. THIS $h!t I’ve just been hit with is ten times worse!

I’d of broken his face if I could’ve seen him. Or stood up. Or breathed normally. It’s hard to believe they’re allowed to use this on people….but then again carriers aren’t really people.

When the city went spastic they did a good job of shutting down the city. Sure they didn’t contain everyone, I hear some guy got a flight to New England and erupted into a blight during a Patriots game. But when the government wants something done, it gets done! Which is a lovely little conspiracy in itself.

Hurricane Katrina shut down New Orleans and it took over two weeks to do anything and then about a month actually do it. Sichuan earthquake hit killing thousands and again it took about a week to get things done. Nepal, the same. Indigo City…aliens land, monsters attack and three days later there’s a quarantine zone, check points and a ring of armed soldiers around the city. It’s like the whole thing was planned!

Today there’s still these zones you can’t go, criminals love hiding there. They still eyeball you if you want to leave but they can’t really stop you unless you’re coughing. Indigo got back on its feet quick smart and swept it all under the carpet.

“Drink this,” said Officer Tyson Brewer as he handed Aiden a bottle of milk. “It’ll ease your throat.”

“Thanks,” wheezed Aiden as he huddled under the silver emergency blanket.

“Did you identify yourself?”

Aiden grimaced at his friend. “I called it in. I told the ape who I was.”

“Who you callin’ an ape?” barked the CBTF agent as he stood with his buddies near there van. Aiden threw off the blanket and marched over to him, Tyson grabbed him to pull him back but Officer Jackson shrugged him off.

“You want some?” asked the agent as he readied himself for a fight.

Aiden stopped before him and pointed to the badge on his hip. “You see this?”

“Yeah it looks like comes out of a cereal box!” mocked the agent, his buddies joining in the laughter. Aiden unclipped it and tossed it into the air. The agent looked up and Aiden struck slamming his fist into the exposed throat sending the agent onto his back. The other agents swarmed him and a mini brawl erupted with Tyson joining the fray.

“That’s enough!”

No Caption Provided

The seven man brawl halted as CBTF Captain Jessica Dawson arrived, cigarette on her lips.

“Captain Dawson.” said the CBTF agents

“You three back to the van, go on, scram. You, go check that Channel 77 guy didn’t get an footage of you lot acting like children. You, two…you’re Indigo PD, go write some parking tickets.”

“You don’t t…”

“HEY!” shouted Jessica cutting Aiden off. “Did you call in Amber on Blue?”

“Yes.”

“Which makes this now CBTF case,” Jessica said through a cloud of smoke. “Thanks for your help Officer.” Aiden straightened himself and glared at the smoking woman. “Oh don’t eyeball me little boy, or I’ll have you working as a crossing guard. YOU made this our case.”

“Because it’s procedure,” seethed Aiden.

“And here I thought all you uniforms were stupid,” Jessica remarked. Aiden wanted to argue a point when Tyson grabbed his shoulders and forcibly moved him along. Jessica cheekily gave him a baiting wave good bye as the two officers got back to their squad car.

“You better hope they don’t report you,” said Tyson. “Effects of the spray.”

“Jerks!”

“Whatever man,” Tyson headed back to his cruiser. “See you at bowling?”

“Maybe,” Aiden muttered as his friend walked off. He then watched as Jessica Dawson headed his way. “Problem Captain.”

Jessica smiled and tossed his badge back at him. “No Officer.”

They stared at each other, a weird vibe of lust and hatred. Jessica flicked her cigarette at his feet.

“I should write you a ticket for littering.”

“And I should have you charged for assaulting a fellow officer,” Jessica quipped. “Let’s call it even.”

She’s really sexy…who writes that? She’s sexy! SEXY. Am I twelve? Or that moron who wrote the Shades of Gray book? She’s loaded and she writes like that…oh man you’ve just written down you read it. Well lucky client patient privilege means she can’t tell anyone

“Actually, I can.” Sienna poured some hot water into her cup as she looked through Aiden’s journal “I just choose not too.”

“So I read a trashy novel!” Aiden said defensively.

“Who is the sexy woman?”

“It’s you, happy?”

“I’m flattered Aid…”

Aiden smiled “It ain’t you. Just some other cop.”

“I see,”

“What does that mean?” Aiden asked. “I see.”

“It doesn’t mean anything Aiden,” Sienna sat and blew the steam off her cup. “It was merely a vocal acknowledgement, not a judgement. I’m happy you’ve met someone.”

“We’re not dating I just…you told me to write stuff down so I wrote stuff down!”

“Which is good. Makes a change from the three pages of you telling me to go f…”

“I said I was sorry okay!” snapped Aiden. “I, this talking writing is all weird and dumb.”

Sienna smiled. “What would you like to talk about today?”

“Honestly I just want to watch the clock go round until it’s time to go.”

Sienna pursed her lips and sipped her tea. “Very well”

Trains suck at the best of times. They suck even more when the fat one from The Response gets into a fight with a guy who can throw flames and it shuts down the lines. Can’t they go fight in one of the many empty buildings down in Devil’s Den or Aleghiri? Noooo they fight in crowded places because they don’t think and don’t care!

And Peacemaker…at least The Response work slightly within the CBTF framework. She turns up with her whacking sticks and suddenly there’s posters on walls! There’s something up with her…maybe I’m just overly suspicious due to me being a cop.

Aiden looked at the private number on his phone and promptly ignored it. It rang again. And again. On the fourth time round he answered. “Hello?”

“What are you doing tonight Officer Jackson?”

To be continued...

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: So either he's about to get laid or there's something else going on. Either way it's a great second chapter (and got put up fast). Great job, Bat.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Dallas is that you? Seriously it's almost if Jessica is Dallas's long lost twin, not that there is anything wring with that. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there, but I swear a little bit of her crept into Indigo City...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Jessica was co-created with @delphic if I remember correctly (http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-the-quoll-part-10-1623260/) She has Dallas-like qualities but she's a smoker, a Captain and probably nastier that everyone's favourite marvel detective.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well at least Aidan is getting lucky. Another funny issue with the whole "telling people about the journal" thing making me AND my Dad laugh.

Seeing Aidan's reaction to the various super powered heroes is really the best part of this series so far.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@batkevin74: Nah I showed him the joke and it made him laugh.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loved seeing Dawson again. It's been a while. And the skit with 50 Shades of Grey and her was funny. But I loved the CBTF's interactions with the ICPD the most this chapter. Definitely a thing to be noted in future chapters for everyone in 5CC.

And yeah, like Tommy said, Aiden's viewpoint on everything is actually really, really cool. Like his opinion on the CBTF, TGI, superheroes, and terrorists/villains (last issue).

Also agreed with Knight. Idk if he's getting laid or something else. The fact the caller called four times makes me think it's something else tho.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: It runs on the idea that CBTF are like the FBI or CIA so they outrank "normal" cops so normal cops don't like them. As for the caller, well it's not a certain mysterious voice...it's another one :)

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Yeah, it's a really cool relationship you setup here. Can definitely be played with in later issues.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers