TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Moving Day: Part 1 of 2.

The all powerful Wind Duster! The mighty Freight Train! The enigmatic Dark Arrow! Formed together due to events that are better left unspoken and lead by the brain power of CBTF Director, Morris Pfeifer and Head of Public Relations, January Morgan, they are the Response! The World's 'Greatest' Superheroes!

2 Days Later...

"After yesterday's stunning events-"

"-World's Greatest Superher-"

"We're clearly ignoring the bigger picture here!"

"It's all a conspiracy man! They were behind New York!"

"The Response has officially been intergrated into the Carrier Blight Task Force."

"-families of the victims of the Beneforce Testing are calling for the head of Matthew Scythe."

"-they are the World's Greatest Heroes! They will respond to any threats given! They are the Res-"

"The Children of the Cataclysm will not be ignored!"

"And in other news, witnesses claim to have witnessed a man calmly walking out of a burning building while regorwing his skin."

"Rumours of a Response movie have begun to circulate across the web upon Matthew McConaughey expressing a desire to be in a Superhero movie."

"And yet there's still no mention of our 'heroes' executing someone on live TV!"

"Ms Morgan?"

January Morgan zoned back into the room, for a second she'd been caught up in the recent armada of news over the last few days. He looked at the woman sat across from him, Sarah Walters of the Sarah Walters Talk Show. She looked to her right at the audience staring directly at her.

"Sorry, Sarah." She shifted in her seat, back towards the host. "Could you repeat the question?" She asked.

Sarah frowned slightly before clearing her throat and starting again. "Now that 'the Response' have officially been brought into the Carrier Blight Task Force, how can we expect them to operate?"

"Well..." January winced at the bright lights hanging above the stage. "...they're a Response team." She pointed out. "So they'll react to any threats happening across the planet. Only now they'll have the full backing of the US Government and the CBTF."

"Making them more efficient." Sarah added.

"Yes. Exactly." January sighed. This was her least favourite part of the job, she hated being on TV. Most of the time she looked similar to a rabbit caught in the headlights of a car, completely terrified.

"I have a question!" A voice from the audience called.

"We're saving questions from the audicence till later." Sarah said. The man in the audicence ignored the host and stood up from his seat.

"How do you explain the Response executing Abhainn Blackwood?" The figure was tall and dressed completely in black.

January sighed, she'd heard this question over a dozen times over the last two days. January Morgan leaned back in her chair and did exactly as her superiors had instructed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She lied.

"Oh god, I'm so late..."

It was a beautiful day in Indigo City, the sky was clear and bright blue, the sun hovering above gave an orange tint to the surroundings. Charles Hawser dashed up the marble steps leading to the Indigo City Greek History Museum, sweat dripping down his forehead and blood pumping in his veins.

"I'm here!" He yelled upon reaching the top of the stairs. "I'm h-" He paused upon witnessing the marble white building before him. The building was like something out of the ancient times it was trying to represent, with columns firmly planted upon the ground before streaking up towards the roof. Around the building were statues of the ancient Greek gods, having been shipped in form around the world.

"Quite a sight isn't it?"

Chuck almost jumped out of his skin upon hearing his teammate, Alan Maystrike sneak up behind him.

"Jesus, Alan!" Chuck said as the black suited Archer stepped next to him. "The hell are you doing?!"

"You're late." Maystrike pointed out before smiling slightly. "So am I."

"I was... busy last night." Chuck muttered, remembering the events of the previous evening. He'd had a pretty great time... a bucket of ice cream and the season boxset of Battlesun Universa had kept him awake during the early hours of the morning.

"Afternoon gentlemen!"A green clad being appeared in the bright sky catching both of the heroes by surprise, orange blasts of flame shooting from the back of his pack as Morris Pfeifer descended towards his employees. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting."He said upon landing, the bulky green and gold armour looking very uncomfortable in the warm summer heat.

"Not really." Maystrike said, clearly unimpressed. "We only just arrived."

"WOW!" Freight Train was quite the opposite, his eyes were locked upon the astonishing powersuit before him. Pfeifer pulled off the round metal dome he called a 'helmet' and grinned. "That was amazing!"

"Thanks, Hawser.." Pfeifer said, Maystrike rolling his eyes in the background. "At least SOMEONE wants their Christmas bonus this year!" Some of the nearby people had started staring at the somewhat odd looking trio.

"What are we doing here, Pfeifer?" Maystrike asked. His body twitching with irritation. "And where's Brooks?!" He added before Morris could even open his mouth.

"Well.. believe it or not... Wind Duster has a social life. So he couldn't make it. Apparently neither of you do." He began to walk in the direction of the museum, more specifically the building's columns.

"What... what are w-" Freight Train started to ask only for Pfeifer to stop by one of the columns.

"Director Pfeifer requesting access." The Director leaned forward as a panel in the marble column shifted upwards revealing a retinal scanner. The blue light scanned the man's eye before retreating back into the column.

"ACCESS GRANTED."

The wall behind the column slid to the right revealing metal elevator doors.

"Oh. My. God!" Freight Train practically giggled, his face turning bright red like he was a teenage girl who'd just been gifted a pair of roses. "This is some Mission Impossible stuff right here!"

"Is... is this what I think it is?" Maystrike's voice sounded similar to a teenager being foreced to sing 'happy birthday' in front of his friends.

At this point nearly every person outside the museum was staring at the trio.

"Every team needs a Headquarters, Maystrike." Pfeifer pointed out. "Gentlemen... welcome... to the 5th Column."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Wow so now they have a headquarters, and Indigo has a Natural History Museum. Good continuation to form

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Either this team is going to end in a disaster, or it will actually work, which would be even worse XD

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: We'll find out eventually. Arc 2 is going to be massive. Yet shorter then Arc 1.

Both Response AND Wind Duster are having 2 issue arcs at the moment just to kind of let everyone catch their breath. Can't just have massive stuff going on all the time.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: I approve of the name! Two thumbs up! Bring on more of the hot mess you're calling a superhero team!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TommytheHitman
Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ooooh so the Response gets their own headquarters? Very nice. Could be fun to infiltrate sometime >:)

And I also enjoyed Pfiefer a ton again, as always. I've been trying to avoid bringing him up with Wolffe cuz Wolffe should hate him but I love him. The internal conflict is real :'(

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@alexander_wolffe said:

Ooooh so the Response gets their own headquarters? Very nice. Could be fun to infiltrate sometime >:)

My thoughts exactlly

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: I am somewhat curious about how you're going to write him if he ever appears in the Wolffe series.

It's pretty much a glorified penthouse.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: "I was... busy last night." Chuck muttered, remembering the events of the previous evening. He'd had a pretty great time... a bucket of ice cream and the season boxset of Battlesun Universa had kept him awake during the early hours of the morning.

Oh if only you'd left it ambiguous...changes what I had in store for what happens (now doesn't happen) in Heat Seeker

"Ever team needs a Headquarters, Maystrike." Pfeifer pointed out. "Gentlemen... welcome... to the 5th Column."

Two things. EVERY, not ever. And what???? Their HQ is called 5th Column?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I can edit it if you want.

Apologies sometimes when I write I begin typing so quickly that I occasionally miss out some lettes

Yep. It's called 5th Column.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers