Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Continued from Part 9

The man in the well worn suit was CBTF Section Chief Walter Toothberry. He pushed his glasses up his nose as he clenched his yellowed teeth. It had been a trying twenty four hours. He flexed his hands, not in an intimidating way, but to get the circulation going. “And that’s the story you’re sticking to Caleb?”

Captain Caleb McDonald of the Indigo Police Department sat at the table in the interrogation room. His hands were shackled, which in turn was shackled to the floor via the table. “Yes.”

No Caption Provided

“Then why don’t I believe you?”

“I don’t give a $#!t what you believe,” snarled Caleb “I want my lawyer!”

Walter smiled “And I want a naked lap dance from Victoria Justice…doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Now, if you just told me the truth about why you shot and killed a…”

“The Quoll! I shot and killed the Quoll!” snapped Caleb as he bolted to his feet in a fit of rage. “He’d been hiding in my department for an entire year!”

“The Quoll.”

“Yes”

“Doubtful.”

“What do you mean doubtful?”

“I’ve faced the Quoll; he took out my team during a sting operation on Summer Dane Live. The idea that you, you drunk bastard, ended him with a bullet to the head seems unlikely and frankly offensive.”

“Benedict Irwin was pretending to be his identical twin brother you idiot! He took his place and..”

Walter held up his hand “Enough! It’s starting to sound like that soapy my wife watches, Hospital Days Of The Boldly Beautiful. Was he also carrying your love child?”

Walter slammed the door to the interrogation room shut. The two CBTF agents snapped to attention. “Nobody enters unless I’m here.”

“Yes sir!” They barked in unison.

“I mean it! Even if Morris Pfeiffer accompanied by Jesus Christ tries to enter, if I’m not here to give the okay, then they DO, NOT, ENTER! Are we clear?”

“YES SIR!”

“Good. Now where did they take the victim’s body?”

No Caption Provided

“He’s on ice Walter,” said Captain Jessica Dawson as she entered the room and promptly lit up a cigarette.

“You can’t smoke in here,” Toothberry said.

She cocked an eyebrow and exhaled in his direction “Must’ve missed the sign, Wally.”

Walter shuddered at the shortening of his name “I still outrank you Jessica.”

“And you remind me of that ludicrous fact every time we meet Wally,” she rolled her eyes and inhaled on her cancer stick. “So?”

“Your report…”

“Do you want the trilogy version or the notes?” she asked as she looked through the one-way glass at Caleb sitting in the room.

“Trilogy version?” Walter was baffled.

“The saga, the whole long boring formal version or the cut to the chase version. Honestly Wally, you should watch a film or two.”

“Just tell me what happened,” Walter sighed. It was always like this. She was a good agent but he was better at the politics side hence why he outranked her. She could climb higher if she did certain things, but the last Section Chief who proposed that idea to her got a trip to the proctologist to remove a shoe from a very uncomfortable place. Then he was transferred to a field position...in Angola.

Jessica looked at the two agents by the door “You kids can scram.” They looked at her then Walter, who nodded and they promptly left. “Can’t have too many people listening.”

Walter took a seat and folded his arms. Jessica dashed the cigarette against the windowsill. “We received a call from one Caleb McDonald, captain of the Indigo City Police Department, with information about The Quoll. He said he knew the Quoll’s identity and would tell us but wanted personal credit for the collar. We agreed…in principal. Anyway, he gave us the name Benedict James Irwin. One squad went to his apartment to check it out. We also gave him a panic alarm which he could trigger which would allow us to send a squad to his location, just so happened my team was in the lobby when he pushed the button.”

“Fortuitous,” Walter nodded.

“Couldn’t you just say lucky, Wally? Jessica asked. “Using big words doesn’t make you smart, it makes you a jackass! Just zip it and let me finish okay”

Walter bit his lip and waved her on.

“The team tossed his apartment and nothing. Found some stardust remnants but nothing that would tie him to the Quoll. When the alarm went off we raced upstairs and there was a fight going on in McDonald’s office my guess is he tried to arrest Irwin and it all went wrong. I identified the CBTF team when there was a single gunshot. We broke into the office to find Caleb pointing a gun at us and a young male lying on the floor with a single gunshot wound to the head. Agent Felicity Tammersmith attempted CPR on him but he was dead. We arrested him, established a crime scene and locked down the area but it’s a bit hard as it’s a police station.”

“Hence this,” Walter pointed to the newspaper on the table.

No Caption Provided

“Hence? You’ve been overdosing on your media training,” Jessica mocked as she picked up the paper. “Well it’s pretty ambiguous, anyways that’s what happened.”

“I need you to attend the autopsy,” said Walter as he stood up.

“Ah, no.” Jessica replied as she lit up another smoke. “I have my own things I need to do. You, you can go watch them slice up the kid.”

“I’m giving you an order Dawson,” growled Walter. “I’m Section Chief.”

“And this is me disobeying your order,” she blew smoke directly into his face “I’ve done my job, you do it.”

And with that she walked off. Section Chief Walter Toothberry slapped the glass causing Caleb to jump inside the interrogation room.

The Reverend Doctor Dentist pulled the newspaper off his face that had been blown there by the wind. He'd easily escaped the CBTF after his attack on the train station. His beady eyes narrowed on the paper.

"I SMELL SIN!"

To be continued…

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2 cbishop  Online
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cbishop  Online

@batkevin74: I'm not sure this is going to have the reverberations throughout 5CC that you thought it might, but it's interesting. Curious to see where things are going with the Reverend Doctor Dentist. It seems that you're really enjoying putting Caleb through the ringer.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Oh lordi, looks like the firs going to hit the shan

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah well maybe I'll start cloning Quolls so he never dies

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cbishop  Online
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Ha that was meant to be a joke. Sorry you're getting annoyed with 5CC though

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It's not the 5cc it's more me and my part in it that I'm getting annoyed with. Nothing I can't write out of

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@batkevin74: As you know I got to read this early, but I still wanted to say bravo, and well done. I'm happy with how you wrote Jessica, and I'm honored to have you debut my character to 5CC. Anyway, I would hate to see you go from 5CC, you're one of my favorite writers to work alongside. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Oh I'm not going I'm just having some fun killing my creations and seeing that impact upon this universe. Seems to have had more impact on the PM than the wider universe but them's the breaks...well also it isn't really common knowledge the Quoll is dead...they're still trying to figure that all out.

But hopefully the absence of a certain furry Australian will start people questioning things. And it 5CC time it's only been about 24-48hrs since he got a bullet through his head

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By dngn4774
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cbishop  Online

@batkevin74: Just checking- you put a "to be continued" on this. Is that in a Quoll #11, or in another story? Or does that need an edit now?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: There's a Quoll 11 to wrap up, coming soon

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cbishop  Online
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cbishop  Online

@cbishop: There's a Quoll 11 to wrap up, coming soon

Is this still on the back burner somewhere? :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: um I don't know...been absent from the 5th for a while. I'd hedge my bets to say no as there's very little left to do with Quoll

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cbishop  Online

@batkevin74: I kind of figured you were done, but when I saw this comment, I bumped it to see if it was just something you had forgotten to get back to. ;)