Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Continues from 5, 6 and 7

What the actual ^%$#g &^%!?????

I have somehow healed a little girl from whatever horrid toasted cheese skin she had and given it to a random nurse who I touched. Kids swearing for joy while nursey is screaming in pain and horror. This is soo bad!

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?” the nurse screams.

I have no idea. “I don’t know…” Everyone is now looking and heading this way. I scoop up the little girl…what the hell are you doing?

“It’s okay. It’s okay.” I whisper in her ear which is dumb coz kids never do what you tell’em. She screams an ear piercing shrill. If people didn’t know something was up they sure as $#!t do now!

“Look, I fixed you didn’t I?” I tell her as I head towards the fire stairs.

“Please don’t hurt me mister.” She whimpers.

Oh god what the ^%$# am I doing? I shove her away and bolt down the corridor. I just to get out of here back on the streets where I belong. A security guard comes out of the fire stairs so there goes that exit. I run down the corridor when I catch a glimpse of something big coming out of a room. I try to dodge but the guy is moving too fast and he’s too big. He hits me with shoulder charge and there’s a sickening crack…oh $#!t it’s the window! HE JUST BARGED ME OUT THE WINDOW! &^#k! I’m falling! I twist and spin and try to grabbed something, oh god! I’m gonna die. The ground is racing up to meet me! &^#k! This is going to...

No Caption Provided

“Can you hear me Mr Bubeck?”

I’m not dead! Or am I? I feel like I’m embedded in a jungle gym of something. From what I can see I’m…holy $#!t I’m bolted into a machine robot thing! I can’t see anyone but as I try to speak my tongue hits a large ball gag in my mouth. How the hell am I alive?

“I do apologise about your incarceration,” says the voice from the dark. “But if your power fell into the wrong hands we could have World War Three, or worse.”

From the shadow steps this little guy in a well worn suit. He’s smiling for some reason with his yellowy little teeth. “My name is Walter Toothberry, Section Ch…”

I let fly with a raft of swears, cusses, insults but it’s all muffled by this thing in my mouth. He casually folds his arms and waits til I’m finished.

“Didn’t catch a word,” he says. “Now…”

I yell and shake and twist and spit and try to get out when the contraption pulls tight and I can do nothing but moan and wheeze. He waits til I’m ready before starting again.

“It pulls tight when you trigger the anti-escape protocols built into your harness,” he says. “Now as I was trying to say I’m Walter Toothberry, Section Chief of the CBTF. You are being held here in isolation due to the extremely dangerous nature of your carrier powers.”

I mumble at him but he simply replies “No idea what you’re saying. Anyway, we are going to find out the limits of your powers to the nth degree. If your powers do even half of what I think they’ll do you’ll prove to be a vital cog in the CBTF whilst I will got millions. So let us try our first test.”

The thing holding me shudders and turns as it begins using my upper body like a marionette. My hands get thrust out and fingers spread out by the hand-helpers. I get turned around to see two people on gurneys before me. A guy in a purple jumpsuit and a guy with a bullet hole in his head in an open body bag. I scream, I kick and the machine responds in kind.

“The more you resist Mr Bubeck, the more painful the procedure,” he says like he’s trying out new words and taps a remote that makes my hands shoot straight out, splaying my fingers wide. I fight but the pain becomes unbearable. The machine hums and my hands lower onto the dead guy.

I SCREAM! My arms pulse crimson as every muscle and sinew floods with energy. I’M DYING! OH GOD I’M DYING! Stuff is gushing out my nose and my eyes still won’t close from the clamps holding them open. It feels like I’ve injected electric barbed wire ants! The &^%$ is watching this whole thing with glee.

The dead guy suddenly bolts upright, his wound healed asides from the dried blood. “…down Caleb you…” He panics a bit when the restraints kick in. “What the flaming hell is going on here?”

I’ve thrown up my bowels and my bones are trying to exit my tear ducts. The machine shunts me to the guy in purple and lowers my hands onto him. As soon as my hands make contact his head explodes like a ripe melon, the wound replicating on him. I don’t care the relief of pain is like an overdue wee, washing out of my body.

“Oi! You! Where’s Caleb? Where am I?” barks the man.

It’s all a lovely haze when BLAM!

The man falls down again with a fresh gunshot wound to the head. I’m covered in brain and skull. He falls back and we lock eyes; his dead unblinking while mine wired open desperately trying to look elsewhere.

“You are amazing!” cries Toothberry as he holsters his gun. “You have essentially resurrected a man who has been in cold storage for nearly a week. You then transferred his…affliction to another like you did to the poor nurse at the hospital. You Mr Bubeck are a goddam gift!”

“HOOO! WARGH! THKY!?” I scream as I shake the machine until it nearly snaps me in two.

He looks stunned that I managed to make a sensible, audible sentence. He pushes his glasses up. “The man in purple was a convicted serial rapist sentenced to more years that he’ll be alive. The man I just shot…well he was a marsupial of no consequence. Pay them no mind Mr Bubeck. You are going to keep all our agents in fine health; possibly we’ll get a cure for cancer out of you too. Welcome to the CBTF infirmary.”

The end…

Aaron Bubeck aka Blight is now in a basement in CBTF used as essentially a healing service to restore agents back to full health, removing their sickness and injury against his will. What happens to him is now communal property as I have now finished with 5th Column and you can use or ignore it. Write well, write often!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Very nice ending to the issue. I'm glad you didn't just kill this character off and if possible I might like to use him in... The Response.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: A bit dark, but stuff happens sometimes, so not out of the realm of possibility. It's an ending. :)

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While I'm sad to see you go, I'm glad the story of Blight doesn't necessarily go with you. Nice ending. Like having the possibility of a continuation.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wow poor Blight. I'm going to miss him

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow!!!!

Just seeing this, but this was truly a great way to end this character's solo series. Sucks that you're leaving the group/not writing anymore though.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: The whole group kinda dropped off, it happens. Will check out your new Lex shortly

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: All's well that ends- well, not so well. Guy just wanted some smokes and bleach and ends up strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange style. Rough stuff, but a good series either way.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: All's well that ends- well, not so well. Guy just wanted some smokes and bleach and ends up strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange style. Rough stuff, but a good series either way.

Thanks