5th Column Comics: Rocking Roll #9

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

This happens immediately after Wind & Water 2, go read it...I'll wait here...oh here's the link: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-wind-and-water-2-1688883/#4/

More in the library: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/cbishop/blog/5th-column-comics-library/99147/

No Caption Provided

PWOP!

Mark and Ed popped back into existence.

“What the hell was that?” cried Ed patting himself down like he was on fire.

“Teleporting,” replied Mark. “Pretty cool huh?”

“I don’t feel so good,” Ed said.

“Did I tell you about how I teleported Lex Hard halfway round the world,” Mark said as they crossed the lane and headed for the bar. Sounds of guitars and drums reverberated through the concrete. “I know that guy.”

Standing out the front leaning against the wall like James Dean was Rocking Roll. Cigarette on his lips, whisky bottle in hand.

“He looks smashed!” said Ed warily.

“Hey! Rocking Roll!” called Mark as they got closer.

Rocking Roll looked up, nodded and threw up some rock horns. “Yeah man, rock n roll.”

Mark leant in “It’s me. Wind Duster. Remember?”

“Sorry man I haven’t listened to the tape yet,” Rocking Roll apologised. “I will, I’ve just been busy and $#!t y’know.”

“I’m not…what are you talking about?” said Mark.

Rocking Roll lurched up right and slapped a hand on the wall. “Your band man! I’ll get to it okay, don’t hassle me.” He grabbed his cigarette and flicked it at Mark’s feet before stumbling inside past the bouncer.

Ed tapped a confused Mark on the shoulder. “You in a band too?”

No Caption Provided

Plastered on the wall were posters for a band called Winduster, one word in AR Destine font with a tornado full of guitars on it. Mark’s jaw dropped. “What the hell?”

Mark stomped forward when the bouncer held a clipboard up making him screech to a halt. “Name?”

“Mark.”

The bouncer looked him up and down “Not on the list. Step aside.”

“Look I know that guy an…”

“Not on the list. Step aside.”

Mark’s hands balled into fists when Ed put a calming hand on his shoulder. “Let’s just go get a beer somewhere else okay.”

“But t…”

Mark went to protest but Ed directed him away. “We’ll get our victory drinks somewhere else. Too loud anyways.”

To be continued in Wind & Water 3...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: You've done some short issues for this series, but this really seems like it should have been Wind and Water #2.5. :}

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Short but memorable, plus there's a band called Winduster roaming around Indigo City. Rocking Roll is Superman in Action comics in the 80's: three pages maximum :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Oh by the goddess this is going to become chaotic very soon. Adding Rocking Roll to a drug's bust is like trying to smother a wildfire by dropping octane on to it, in the sense that it'll blow up in everyone's faces

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74: I've got to admit the story about Wind Duster not being allowed into a club to see Wind Duster is almost as interesting as the story about Charlie Chaplin coming in second place in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: "But they're named after me!"

"You on the list?"

"No, but.."

"Step aside sir."

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By dngn4774
@batkevin74 said:

@dngn4774: "But they're named after me!"

"Well I thought I saw a beetle this morning, that don't mean Ringo's in town!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: "But Ringo IS in town?"

"You on the list?"

"No but Ring..."

"You aint on the list you aint gettin in! Step aside."

cbishop

Forum Posts