Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

5th Column Comics: Peacekeeper #23

For More 5th Column Comics check out the Library

Missed Last issue? Check it out Here!

“Pardon?” I ask, my nerves burning as panic fights to take control of my body. “What do you mean looking for me?”

“Oh this is going to be good.” Terra states as she sits on the bar behind me, her hand reaching for a glass of wine left on the bar by a patron scared off by Stallion’s treatment of Suicidal Tendencies. “What now Cassie?”

“It’s like it sounds, I’ve watched your change of career with great interest.” Stallion states, as he cracks an almost friendly smile. “I hope I had nothing to do with it.”

“No you didn’t.” I answer, although by now I know that my voice is not convincing no-one. I would fight, but alas I brought nothing to defend myself, and I feel like that the white blouse and blue jeans will do little to defend myself against any physical onslaught Stallion throws at me.

“Good.” Stallion answers. “You seem nervous, what are you worrying about?”

“Just post suicide attempt jitters.” I reply, the answer at least being partially correct. “And you know the aftermath with Bronson and the Raider from earlier today.” I add, as I see Stallion’s eyes narrow, almost like he can smell the depict on my voice.

“I would assume that it would have been about the last time we met, how I found you with undesirable company.” Stallion announces, obviously referencing my brief partnership with Alexander Eisenhardt.

“It was just business.” I answer quietly, getting ready to run in the hope I can get away from my former employee before he can grab me.

“If that’s what you want to call that, I know that it ended in betrayal, such things always do.” Stallion states, as he places one of his hands on my shoulder. “At least it wasn’t too serious right?”

“I came out alive if that’s what you mean.” I reply, bitterness wrestling with the fear in my voice.

“You’ve always been the drama-queen, right from the moment we first met you were always creating a commotion and chaos. It’s one of the things I loved and hated about you, mostly the former you understand. And it’s because I know about you that I don’t understand what you were doing back then, not to mention this Peacekeeper façade.” Stallion tells me, as he sits down on the bar stool next to me.

“It’s not a façade, not all of it.” I whisper.

“Oh here it comes.” Terra cackles gleefully, as she downs her wine before leaning in to listen intently at my destruction.

“Which bits, playing the hero or when I caught you making out with Leona in the back of my Mustang?” Stallion asks, the last few words causing me to blink once and twice. I want to cheer, I want to shout but something tells me I’m not out of the proverbial woods yet. Instead all I say is, “Oh…” The words drowned out by something cruder coming from Terra’s lips.

“Is that all you can muster, you f*****g the base commander’s daughter right in-front of him, not to mention a bunch of GIs, got me discharged. But even that is insignificant when compared to finding out your little sister is a lesbian.” Stallion spits, his voice mirroring the bitterness in mine earlier.

“Oh this is interesting.” Terra purrs, as she hops off the bar. “Go on, tell him you killed his sister that would be hilarious.”

“I’m sorry.” I answer meekly, as Cassie’s memories run through my head. Honestly I’m embarrassed just watching, so I can only imagine how Stallion not to mention his CO felt witnessing it in person. “I honestly am…” I stop, I need a name, an actual name, “…Clay, I’m so sorry.” I gasp, before silently giving myself a pat on the back.

“That was five years ago, since then I didn’t hear a word from you. I only knew you existed because you went out grandstanding on television! I know I have no right to be concerned about you, but you are my little sister, I don’t want you risking your life by playing dress-up the vigilante games!” Stallion states, the sheer volume of his concerns crushing that celebratory feeling I was having only moments before. “I worried about you before…but now….”

“It’s okay, I’ve survived this long and I have my friends.” I state, before waving at the table I had just come from.

“Doesn’t matter, I’ve been in combat based jobs my entire adult life, one day you either bite the bullet or realise that you will sooner or later.” Stallion sighs. “I don’t want either of those things to happen, I want you to go back to university and study…I think it was law right?”

“Actually it was 19th Century English Literature with a minor in the geo-political structure of Latin America.” I state, finally getting something I actually revised in Cassie 101. “And it seemed pointless, at least after the Impacts and the wars, and everything else. I mean who cares that Byron swam across the Hellespont when hordes of zombie creatures and super powered assholes like Wind Duster are running around ruining people’s lives. I’m not going to waste my life when….” I stop as I see Stallion crack a smile. “What?”

“I see that, and while I don’t agree that you should be going out there fighting, I can see how passionate you are about this. And that makes me proud of you. I want to be you brother again, if you want me to be.” He states, a worried grin now spread across his face.

“I want that…” I state, the actual intent showing though the words as old feelings raise from the core of my being. Stallion, Clay whatever still had that…effect on me…even if I was masquerading as his sister there was some old spark of desire deep down.

“Uh oh love triangle.” Terra states, as she walks over to where Torres is sitting before licking her on the neck. “What about the senorita? I thought she was the one not for us.” She asks, her words mirroring the confusion in my head, as I walk half way between the bar and the table, Stallion a few steps behind me.

“Uh guys this is my brother Clay.” I state nervously, before watching Clive, Mayday and Torres all turn to stare at Stallion. “Clay these are my friends.” I reply, before sitting down at the table. Right now I can only imagine what everyone’s thinking, and who’s going to react first. The silence doesn’t last long however, as a van comes crashing through the front of the pub, and three figures crash through the debris, their eyes focused on Clay/Stallion. Almost immediately the majority of the public is running and screaming, although the girl with the posters and a few others have hidden behind the bar.

“Me and the boys,” I hear the gravelly tones of Suicidal Tendencies announce, as he joins the three other figures, “well we got fed up with waiting for you Stallion, I hope you and yours enjoyed those drinks, because they’ll be your last.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Sorry, Imp'- you're welcome, of course. I was lol at the "mighty librarian" part. ;)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Okay, not really firing on all cylinders at the moment, long days and long nights bat surveying = almost no sleep and lots of fatigue

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Okay, not really firing on all cylinders at the moment, long days and long nights bat surveying = almost no sleep and lots of fatigue

So... it's making you a little... batty? ;)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: You snickered. I know you snickered...or that you would if you weren't so tired. <singing> Go to sleeeep. Go to sleeep. Close those big bloodshot eyesss. <hums tune, tiptoes from room>

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Awake now, have analysis and breakfast to do

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

What in keeping me awake? Speaking of awake but not there where is everyone else? It's unusual for them to react so slowly to a PK release. Everything else yes, but this no.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@impurestcheese: Sorry for the wait Imp. I'm pretty surprised by the connection between Stallion and Cassie, definitely wasn't seeing that coming. How exactly did Gaia acquire Cassie's 'body' as fully as she has it now? It was kind of glossed over when Peacekeeper started up so I'm just wondering

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@knightofthechronicle: Thanks for the comment, in the long run the connection between Stallion and PK will be more damaging then a quick reveal. As for the masquerade, she used a modified Cr Formula to Geneticlly alter her DNA to become an isomer of Cassiopeia Williams

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good issue. Like Knight said I really enjoyed the connection between Stallion and PK. Also really liked the dialogue in this issue.

And the constant jabs at Wind Duster are simply helping build up to their inevitable showdown.

Apologies for the late comment.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: No problem you got there eventually. Yeah the aim of the dialogue was to make it seem like Terra had been found out until I was ready to say 'nope fools ya'

And yes Wind Duster deserves all those jabs, if just to reign his ego in

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oooo stallion has a soft side!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@johnjo719: Sure, everyone has, doesn't make him any less dangerous

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh. Weird. I remember reading this, but either forgot to comment or CV ate my comment. My bad.

Anyway, you know how much I love Stallion. So this issue was great and the next one looks fun considering I'll get to see stallion in action again. This could get really awkward for the characters, which makes it really interesting for me, knowing that Terra has feelings for Stallion, but she's in Cassie's body who has feelings for Torres, whose also stallions sister. Wonder how Stallion will react to Terra's attempts at "incest" if they come up.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: No Stallion in action next issue I'm afraid. This arc ends on the cliffhanger although Stallion will be back, perhaps even taking over as the main character for a short time very soon.

Sorry for any disappointment it may cause BTW

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh no, it's totally fine. Don't worry about it. As long as it's not the last we'll see of my precious stallion, I'll be completely fine lol.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: Oh don't worry he'll be back as the main character in the Peacekeepers Mini Series alongside Daddy Wrong Legs, Torres (Lady Phobia) and Siwang