johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

****In the Back of a large van.*****

Speedy Rodriguez and Invisidude sat in the back of their assigned van in silence. Tension was in the air as both men exhibited signs of nervousness, which was natural given what they were getting ready to do. Speedy drummed his fingers on his lap at super speed and Dude hummed the theme song to some cartoon about a satanic dog. Then a voice spoke to them from inside the communicator they'd placed in their ears hours ago.

"Ten minutes before the operation is launched. Everyone knows their parts right?" Rico said.

"Yes." Whispered Dude.

"Copy." Speedy mumbled.

"The boss wants me to remind you about this prison. Inside the prison is a special generator. This generator, as we all know" Said Rico in a long suffering tone, indicating how many times his boss had gone over the plan, "is the reason why they're able to hold so many Carriers. It puts out some sort of field or energy that blocks Carriers from being able to use their powers. We need to shut that down before we can make any moves."

The two men in the van said nothing, choosing to remain silent. There was more on the way anyway.

"As soon as the generator goes down, the guards WILL go in to action, locking all cell doors. All of the cells have a mini version of the anti-Carrier generator, but it only affects the area of the cell itself." Rico continued. "We only have twenty minutes before they get reinforcements in from local CBTF forces, so we need to be leaving the area in 15. Make sure all of the former prisoners are loaded onto the vehicles by then."

"Copy." Said both men in the van simultaneously.

"Operation is a go in five minutes." Rico reminded them. "Good luck."

****At a Nearby Power plant.******

"Are you in Position?" Lex asked Bone over the radio. He was in his office, listening to Rico and the others.

"Yea." Bone's gruff voice replied. "I'm ready to go whenever they are."

Lex smiled. If everything went according to plan, he'd have his hands on some of the city's most dangerous criminals, and they'd all be working for him.

"Good. You may commence." Lex said simply. Bone immediately rose from the cover of the roadside bushes and jogged across the quiet highway and over to the side where the power plant was located. As a source of power for the nearby prison, it was ideally placed. Far enough away that anything that went wrong with the place wouldn't hurt the prison, but close enough so that the guards and police could get to it quickly if any situation were to arise.

However, as a defensive location, it was even better. Open clearing, no cover for an approaching enemy force, and high walls. All very formidable defenses. When dealing with mundane humans. But against a Carrier like Bone, they were less than useless. As he ran towards the high walls of the plant, bone from near his knuckle broke through his skin, and began to elongate. His carrier abilities gave him a different skelatal structure. He had extra bones that he could control and cause to grow out of his body and use as a weapon. The one bone that grew from his fist lengthened to about the size of a sword. Then bone from near his elbow broke skin and elongated to the same length. Now he had two dangerous weapons he could use.

He reached the twenty foot high walls of the plant and sunk into a deep crouch and then pushed up, flinging himself up and over the wall. He landed gracefully, and his eyes quickly swept the surrounding area, searching for signs that he'd been detected already. No one. The one flaw of the place was that they had no guards posted on the outside, only patrols that walked around every half hour. Bone rose and continued his running. He made it to a door that led inside the plant and he knocked it down, no longer caring about discretion. He closed his eyes and recalled the blueprints he'd been made to study for hours on end and chose the appropriate route. He began moving again, swiftly making his way through the maze of hallways and entrances and exits.

He was halfway to his destination before he'd ran into a guard. It seemed the city had been cheap with the plant's security, hoping the walls would be enough. The guard had only just rounded the corner when Bone had ran into him. They collided into each other, and Bone landed on top of the soon to be dead guard. The guard, eyes wide with fear, fumbled with his weapon. But it was too late. Bone raised his arm and drove the bone protruding from his fist into the guards chest, piercing his heart. When the light had gone from the dead man's eyes, Bone rose and walked off, pausing only to wipe the blood off of his weapon.

Continuing on his trek, ran at full speeds through the hallways. He ran into a few more guards, all of them quickly dispatched, sent to their maker with extreme prejudice, minus a few body parts. The last of the guards had made their last stand in the room Bone was headed for. The heart of the plant, the fuel rods that generated the power for the Inhibitor. Bone slowed to a calm walk as he made his way to his destination. He reached the threshold of the room and was met with five heavily armed, and heavily armoured men. They all had their rifles pointed at him, ready to fire. He grinned.

"Stop right there! You've gone far enough." One of them yelled.

"Not quite." Bone said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Besides, I'm pretty sure my boss would kill me if stopped now." Bone stepped into the room.

"This is your final warning!" The same guard shouted.

Bone raised his hand in a position of surrender, his weapons receding back into his body. "Okay, okay!" He said smiling brightly. "You've got me."

The men looked at each other, surprised by the sudden turn of events.

"Sike." Bone said. He flung his hands out, and projectile bone flew from his finger tips at such high velocities that they went straight through all the armor the men wore. They dropped dead seconds later. Bone then walked calmly to the command modules and then pressed a bright red button and turned off the plant.

"This is Bone. The Inhibitor is down. "

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@johnjo719: Interesting henchman you have there. Could be interesting to see what horrors 'the King Thug' releases on Indigio City

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By johnjo719

@impurestcheese: let's just hope that I can think of new and interesting powers for them lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Let's not and just say you did. Leave it a day, dngn should have got back to me about the categorisation

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

See.... it's just the Superpowered names.... Invisidude and Speedy Rodriguez... I can't take them seriously....

Wow. Looks like a pretty cool Prison Break is about to take place. Gonna have to reference that in Wind Duster.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I like corny names for Villains lol

And yea there's a nice bit of action coming up lol. I just need to figure out the other carrier's powers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I'm interested. In the type of categories. I saw you had one that said something about animals

Would that be like The Quoll?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Action never stops in Indigo City!

Looking forward to a rematch :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnjo719: So we now have the temporary, injectable anti-Carrier formula from Gaia, an anti-Carrier field generator, and whatever dngn's anti-Carrier-powers thing is for the CBTF? Folks have been busy. Added to the 5th Column Comics Library. :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'knoe there's a Carrier called Maskless that I used in issue 9 of Wind Duster if you want him to be one pf your escapees.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnjo719

The guy who yoou trapped between those cars? It was always a little vague on whether or not he was caught.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Theres also a small time gangster called Chrome who appeared in Gaia #3. BTW did you manage to classify Lex on the Carrier ID thing on the PM?

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's not that simple but at least someone read it :-)

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@johnjo719: Wow, looking good. I'm really looking forward to this prison break. Will definitely mention it in Wolffe :)

Sorry I'm just getting to this now

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I just read Wind Duster #9 and there was no mention of Maskless

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719

Sorry, did I not call him Maskless in the story? He's the guy who got captured in the Parked Car Pyramid.

Also what was the name of the Prison? I have plans to use it.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TommytheHitman: hmm I don't think it was #9 because I remember reading like 8 and that was the one when he attempted to rob the bank. But pm me more about him so that I can use him better.

The prison is called the Detention Center for Criminally Inclined Carriers. Or D-CIC

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ImpurestCheese
johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By johnjo719

@impurestcheese: I'm sure he can handle two pm's lol. But I guess it comes down to who's issue is released first eh?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@johnjo719: I'm not releasing an issue. I'm intrim group leader

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnjo719

@impurestcheese: so what did you pm tommy about? And does this mean no more Gaia for a while?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: She'll be back once I return from Slovenia

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Yep staying in the town of Bled. Cave Diving Tomorrow :-)

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Yep let's hope I don't run into an Olm...LOL

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Prion break in, Invisidude

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Bone does a pretty good job when it comes to infiltrating. Great chapter with a pretty brutal fighter at the center. To chapter 5!