5th Column Comics: LEX HARD #16

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

The very well trained men and women of the CBTF Blackridge Units loaded up into three of their mobile command vehicles quickly and efficiently. They pulled off immediately as the last man entered and sped towards the Town Hall, a mere fifteen minutes away. They were the elite of the CBTF and they only came out to play when lives were at stake. They were outfitted with ballistic armor that was designed to stop bullets, protect against grenade blasts and even defend against energy attacks. They were even stab proof, up to an extent of course. They were armed to the teeth with energy rifles and a new type of pistol that was still in the testing phase. This pistol was very special in that the barrel was designed so that any and all projectiles had their speed boosted by ten when leaving the barrel. It was a very gruesome weapon meant for killing. There were no two ways about it.

"Alright listen up ladies." Commander Leon Dawson barked. The Blackridge units immediately fixed their attention on him, mean and women alike. "A very high value informant just called the CBTF and informed us of a hostage situation going down in the basement of our very own city hall." The comms were then flooded with different voices essentially asking the same thing.

"Enough!" Dawson barked. "Our Rule of Engagement are to keep our safeties on until we have found and verified a threat. As soon as we do, we are cleared to use extreme prejudice."

"That's my favorite kind of prejudice." Jake Erickson cracked. He was a rookie and clearly no one had ever warned him of his boss' sense of "humor". Dawson turned around and grinned at Jake.

"Well, then I am glad you said something Jake, because now you have the honor of taking point on this." Dawson revealed. Jake blanched. He wasn't exactly green, but this was his first time out as a Blackridge operator. He wasn't sure he could handle it just yet.

"You uh....you serious boss?" Jake questioned.

"Deadly serious, peon." Dawson retorted. "Now, issue a final weapons check command, Peon One." Dawson said as he assigned Jake a designation for this mission.

"Uh...this is Peon One to all other peons.Commence final weapons check. Please." Jake said nervously. Dawson shook his head and sat back. The mobile HQ was filled with all sorts of electronics and weapons. Dawson picked an automatic energy rifle off the wall and a vibrosteele blade and attached the latter to his wrist. You never knew when you'd get up close and personal with the opposition.

A round of "Weapons ready, Peon One" went through the comms, followed by a whole lot of snickering. Finally, the van came to a stop and Jake opened the back doors and exited his van first, followed suite by "his" men. They all ran towards the Town Hall's entrance in formation with Jake in front and Dawson bringing up the rear. When they reached the doors they halted and waited for everyone to get into position.

"Unit three stay out here and set up an outer perimeter. Everyone else prepare for ingress. " Jake ordereed. He glanced at Dawson for approval. All he got was a bored expression on his face. Just another day at work for him. Unit three immediately set about completing their task while the other two units moved into the building quickly and quietly.

When they entered, the people inside gasped in fear, and the security guards reached for their weapons. The Blackridge soldiers immediately focused their weapons on them. "CBTF! Hands in the air! Do no not move a damn muscle1" Jake commanded. The guards halted and then raised their hands, slowly. Jake gestured and Two of his men broke formation and went to disarm the guards. When they returned, Jake spoke.

"We are responding to a call about a hostage situation. Everyone needs to remain calm and calmly exit this building. Security, you will be coming with us and helping us to clear each floor. We will also need one of your keycards so we can open the basement door." When he was done speaking, the same two CBTF agents immediately began herding people out of the building. "Unit two, cover our exit route, make sure that we still have one if things get messy down there.

-----

"The CBTF is at the Town Hall. They just entered it actually." Rico reported as he watched everything through his rifle's scope.

"They cleared everyone out?" Lex inquired.

"Seems they;re doing that now." Rico answered as people began filing out of the building.

"Perfect. I have Kira, Speedy and Loup on stand by. As soon as I give the word, they'll enter the fray."

------

The Blackridge unit had made it through the entire building quickly and quietly, with the security guys trailing behind them, leading the civilians to safety. Finally, there was only the Basement left to deal with. The unit went down several flights of stairs, entered a door that opened into a hallway, at the end of which was a single reinforced steel door. The unit entered the hallway and rapidly began their approach.

------

Mayor Locke was sweating hard. The CBTF were literally about to be at his door. Behind which he was involved in a kidnapping scheme involving highly wanted organized crime figures. Things were not looking up. Locke looked down at his hands and clenched his metal fists. Then he walked right up to the basement's entrance and opened the door and walked out.

------

"Mayor Locke?" Jake asked in a shocked voice.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Locke raged. "Who is the agent in charge?"

"That would be me." Dawson replied stepping up from behind the rest of the unit.

"And can you tell me why it that you and your men are here?" Locke demanded.

"Got a call. Said something about a kidnapping, and that the hostage is being held in the basement." Dawson said, still sounding bored.

"Well I can assure you there's nothing of that sort going on here!" Locke said.

"Well if it's all the same to you, we'd like to have a look-see for ourselves."

"I'm afraid I cannot allow you to do that."

Dawson sighed sadly and shook his head. "Men?" He said, more of a command than a question. Immediately, safeties were removed and the energy rifles powered up. All of them pointed directly at Locked. Seven extremely lethal and accurate weapons being handled by what were essentially trained killers.

"Either you stand aside, or we arrest you for aiding and abetting and obstruction of justice. Sh^t if we start digging, who knows what other interesting charges we could come up with." Dawson stated calmly. "Your choice."

Wisely, Locke moved out of the way. "I'd just like to say that I was forced by those animals to come out here and try to get rid of you." Locke lied.

"I'll make a note of it." Dawson lied. "Peon one. Take point". The men fell into formation and Locked opened the door for them. The unit moved into the room quickly, weapons ready to eliminate any threat. In the center of the room, Bone sat on a chair, bloodied and bruised. The room was blanketed in darkness except for one lightbulb hanging over Bone.

The unit rushed over to him and cut him loose from his bindings. They then checked his vitals and declared him alive, but just barely, although he was starting to heal already. Bone coughed and sputtered and started mumbling.

"What he say?" Jake asked. Bone pulled Jake in closer and in a hoarse whisper he repeated himself.

"Run."

The unit immediately went into defense mode scanning the room for threats. Jake tapped one of his men on the shoulders to get his attention. "Get him out of here!" Jake commanded. The agent immediately complied, moving to grab Bone and help him out of the room. As soon as they made it out of the room, the lone lightbulb went out, plunging the room into darkness. Suddenly a crack of electricity was heard and Jake caught a lightning bolt right in his chest plate. He flew backwards and hit the wall, falling to the floor unconscious.

"Find cover!" Dawson yelled. The men spread out and set up their defensive positions behind various boxes. They all put on their night vision goggles and looked around the room. What they saw was terrifying. The room was filled with carriers. Nearly two dozen of them. Dawson immediately opened fire and his men followed his lead. They were knocking down carriers left and right, but they weren't doing it fast enough.

A mass of....something jumped out at one of the men and wrestled him to the ground. As they fought, the blob seemed to grow as pieces of him began to come together from all over the room. before he could get any bigger, the agent removed a grenade, stuck it into the blob and thirty seconds later it went off. But there were no flames. Instead, the Blob was flash frozen. Luckily for that agent, the scientists working on that project had only this morning worked out the kinks in that little piece of hardware. Unfortunately for him, a shard of glass had just severed his jugular.

Bolts of lightning were flying around the room, destroying boxes and electrocuting the agents until they were all passed out. Well all except Dawson and another agent. The two agents stood back to back taking out as many Carriers as they could. They managed to thin the herd down to only six. But even that was too much.

"This is Commander Dawson requesting immediate backup at the Town Hall. We have several men down. Please send in back up immediately."

"Yes, please, send more agents to their death". Rodrick said from the darkness. Dawson turned around and fired his pistol at the voice. From the Darkness, there was a shout of pain. "Now, I'm going to kill you even slower than I was going to before."

-----

"Boss, they're bringing Bone out right now." Rico reported.

"How does he look?" Lex asked.

"Alive." Rico said simply. After a short pause, Lex delivered his next orders.

"Retrieve him. I'm sending Quake over now but Kira and the rest will be going in now."

-------

When Lex gave the order for Kira, Speedy and Loupe to join in the fun and games, Kira immediately rose from her meditative position and Speedy put down his coffee. The Loupe Garou stretched to his full height with a malicious glint in his eye and a snarl on his lips. The room was filled with a deep rumbling, emanating from his chest. As he flexed his muscles he let out a murderous, blood curling howl. Loud enough to be heard for several blocks, echoing faintly through the city.

@cbishop, @batkevin74, @impurestcheese, and I'm too tired right now to do the rest of the call outs...I'll do em and edit this later

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hmm Blackridge seems to be performing as ordered, now let the carnage begin

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*is upset you didn't include me in one of the callouts*

*doesnt commemt*

*cross arms*

*pouts*

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnjo719

I was about to pass out after finishing this chapter, I finished at like 2 in the am. And for some reason I can never really find your name when I'm @'ing people

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Loved the Blackridge guys and how it was more about them than Lex. Glad Bone got out safely too, though not so much for the CBTF agents

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dang. I really liked those CBTF Blackridge guys. Good issue. Hope you use them again.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for reading guys. I was hoping my life would slow down more but the opposite is happening lol. But I was finally able to catch up on reading if not on the commenting.