5th Column Comics: LEX HARD #10

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE LAST CHAPTER

Lex smirked evilly as he slowly began to undo his tie and take off his jacket and shirt. "Yes, let's talk. You're going to tell me everything you know about Aaron, how you know these things about him, and why I should let you live." Lex said quietly.

"Ha!" Kiro said, laughing. "Let me live? You should be on your knees begging for your life. You don't think my grandfather's sent an army after me by now?"

"After Kira, your younger sister left, you became Hiro's second best fighter. And I doubt that he'd send your father after you. It'd be too much of an embarrassment. No, I think that you are here on your own. No backup, no army of goons. You'll be a stinking corpse by the time Hiro hears news of your capture." Lex replied, still remaining calm. "Now, are we going to talk, or not?"

Kiro didn't even hesitate. He leaped forward, knee out, fully intending to knock Lex's teeth down his throat.But Lex was ready for the move, he stuck his massive hand out and snatched Kiro by the throat and slammed him against the floor before following up swiftly with a knee aimed straight for Kiro's throat. Luckily for Kiro, he rolled out from underneath the attack quickly enough to avoid the strike. Lex's knee created a huge crater the size of a human head in the steel floor.

Kiro got himself back on his feet and fell back. He knew now that a headlong approach was not going to be effective. He'd have to draw Lex in. Kiro started circling Lex. Pacing around him like a predator stalking its prey. But Lex was far from food. He slowly started to walk counterclockwise to Kiro's pattern, choosing to stare him down instead of engaging him. He knew exactly how to play this.

"So this is what the Nowasaki Group has been reduced to. I admit, your strength is impressive, and you sure can take a hit, but what else do you have? You're not fast enough to really hurt me nor are you a good enough fighter to outfight me. So what are your options Kiro?" Lex said, sounding almost disappointed.

"Shut your mouth." Kiro hissed. "Instead of worrying about me, you should be worrying about Aaron and the men I have looking for him."

Lex shook his head and chuckled slightly. "Oh, I'm not worried about him or your men at all, especially if you are their second best fighter."

With that last jab at Kiro's skill, he roared at Lex and dashed towards him, unleashing a flurry of punches with a couple of kicks mixed in. It was to no avail however. Lex dodged every kick, countered every punch. "I was born with perfect recall Kiro. Once I've fought an opponent, I know there style, how they move and think. To beat me, you'd have to become an all new fighter." Lex revealed as he slowly started upping his own offense, driving Kiro back.

Kiro smirked. "I know. I read your file." After delivering that piece of news, he delivered a spinning kick to Lex's ribs, forcing Lex to take a few steps back. He rushed Lex then and leaped straight up into the air, cocked his arm back and clocked him with a devastating punch. Lex flew off of his feet through the wall and out of a nearby window. And Kiro was hot on his trail.

Kiro jumped out of the window and landed in a crouch. The thirty foot fall not phasing him in the least. He sped over to the pile of rubble and once again, took to the air and with his hands clasped together, he brought the hammer down on Lex. Unfortunately for Kiro, he'd finally managed to crack Lex's calm veneer. Lex reached out from under the rubble and glass and caught Kiro's fists. Then he slowly, almost leisurely, sat up. The entire time, the sound of Kiro's bones cracking was easily audible, even to those without super hearing.

"So, you had some tricks up your sleeve. I didn't think Hiro allowed his students to master multiple styles." Lex said, Kiro's fists still wrapped up in his huge hand.

"He doesn't. He didn't know that I trained in this style." Kiro gasped. Lex laughed out loud then.

"That, my friend, is the funniest thing I've heard all day." Lex said laughing. He flexed his arm and then chucked Kiro across the street and into a neighboring warehouse. Then he bent over and picked up some of the rocks and cement their fight had kicked up. As he watched, the rocks started to change. The cracks and holes closed up and the rock became heavier and much, much harder. "Let's find out how effective your training was then, shall we?"

LEX HARD SAFEHOUSE #29

"So this is where the boss wants them held?" Speedy Rodriguez asked.

"Yeah. It's the devil's den, not like anyone ever comes here. And plus the CBTF make it a habit to avoid this place like the plague." Bone answered.

Speedy Rodriguez nodded his head in understanding. "So we're just holding him here? Isn't Ms. Lillian going to need them?" He asked.

Bone sighed. "Don't you pay attention at the briefings? Rico is back from vacation in Argentina and he's bringing the Doctor here on his way home from the airport."

"Oh yea, I remember now. I kind of feel bad for these guys though. Who knows if they're going to make it." Speedy said sadly.

"Who cares? We get paid either way. Let's just finish here so we can go pick up the guys over by the warehouses. They need to be in their new homes so they can start work at their new jobs. I'm sure the people will be happy to see their new construction workers and newest recruits to the ICPD." Bones said laughing. "I wonder who the hell the boss had to pay off to make that happen!"

"Well, why wouldn't the people want carriers as police? It's not like regular police can catch the new breed of bad guys right? And I mean, once this martial law or quarantine or whatever is over with, the CBTF wont even exist anymore right?" Speedy asked as he sped around, unloading the truck.

"Not if Pfieifer has anything to say about it. I doubt he's going to give up such a cushy new gig that easily." Bone replied. "But once our Carriers are out there, doing a good job and actually saving some lives, who knows what'll happen?"

INDIGO CITY AIRPORT

"Rico!" Dr. Lillian Jones screamed. "Slow the h3ll down!"

"I'm sorry Doc, but your son wants me to do the press conference instead of him now. And I still need to drop you off at the safe house!"

Lillian burst into laughter. "You? You have to do a press conference? What do you know about press conferences? Or any type of conferences for that matter. Except for the parent teacher kind."

Rico looked over to her with a hurt expression on his face. "Hey, I've taken some public speaking classes!" He insisted.

Lillian could barely contain her laughter as they finally pulled up to the safe house. "I'm sorry, but I just can't picture it!" She said as she exited the car. "You, in a suit, in front of all those cameras and reporters, delivering the news that Eisenhardt Industries is going to be putting together an elite team of Carriers for the defense of Indigo City that will be responding to any and all criminal activity being conducted by Carriers, no matter how dangerous or risky the job."

"You sound like you want to do this press release instead." Rico stated sourly.

"Oh no, I'm fine. I-" Lillian started. She didn't get to finish as Rico just pulled off and sped away.

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER

Rico walks up to the podium nervously. The name tag he had on said he was the media representative for Eisenhardt Industries. Clearly this was a bunch of bull. When he finally reaches the podium, he clears his throat to stall for time before starting.

"Good evening everyone. Lex- Er, Mr. Eisenhardt sends his regrets that he couldn't be here today, but he was called into a very important meeting that couldn't be missed. But anyway, on to the news. Um.....so basically we are going to create a group of Carriers that we will train ourselves and use them to protect this city from all crime but especially those perpetrated by Carriers. And it won't matter how dangerous or risky it is either because we're doing this for the people for the people and for the ratings, unlike Pfeif- uh I mean, other organizations. That'll be all." Rico announced in a rush. He rushed off stage, ignoring the questions and pleas for more answers.

WAREHOUSE DISTRICT. HAPPENING CONCURRENTLY.

BANG!!!!!

The new and different block of cement split apart as it fell to the floor after being slammed into Kiro's forehead.

Lex threw another block of cement of his own making at Kiro, this one missing, but he'd started running towards Kiro as soon as he'd thrown it. As Kiro dodged the projectile, Lex closed the distance and clapped him over the head with another block of super cement, driving Kiro to his knees. Lex drop kicked him in the chest, causing his ribs to snap and his entire body to go flying through a nearby wall. Lex ran over to him and picked up a huge block of cement, transformed it and arched his arm back in preparation for the kill.

"Lex! No!" Kira shouted. She'd finally managed to shake off her brother's surprise attack. Which was ironic since she saw it coming, but was too slow to react to it. "I may hate him, but he's still my brother. I cannot allow you to kill him."

Lex looked back at Kira and then to her unconscious brother. Then to Kira again. Several, gut wrenching moments passed as he stared down at Kiro. Finally he put the cement block down and walked away from his unconscious opponent.

"Did anyone handle the press conference?" Lex asked. One of his men, a new Carrier whom he'd freed called Quake answered him.

"We had no one in the area, so we had to call Rico. He got in today so we decided to give it a shot. He should be finishing up about now." Quake said.

"Rico? You sent Rico?!" Lex asked. Then he burst into laughter. "You deserve a raise Quake. You really do."

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnjo719: When you've got the story, you've got the story. Post twenty chapters a day if you've got it. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop
Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that certainly is a development. I can see a serious rivalry between Tommy's Response team and this one since they seem very similar except one is led by a criminal mastermind and the other is led by an honorable military leader.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Rico's in charge :)

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnjo719

Lol yea Rico is a good guy

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Press conferences and ninja fights. Regular day for Mr. Eisenhardt huh?