ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

5th Column Comics: Inkcap #1

For more 5th Column Comics visit the Library

Indigo City used to be a mildly entertaining stop on the tour circuit, plenty of fans looking to see the world's most risqué girl band 'A Quartet of Venom'. Of course being in the city after, well I have no idea what happened but I saw what came after. The city was locked down but that means f-all to the world of celebrity, the band got out no problem but they left us here to rot.

And rot we did, I always wanted to be a singer but that changed as the rest of the roadies, makeup artists, sound technicians fell ill, were locked away and died only to rise again. The men who arrested us took them away and left me behind to watch more people die and be reborn. No food came, no water and yet I still sat there, unnoticed by the monsters and the people that brought them here.

"Enough." A muffled voice from outside my cell states. "No more in this one, IA is calling for a full blown review about how we deal with Blights in our custody." He added before stepping into the cell, a hazmat suit covering his features, a massive cannon in his hands.

"Hello." I whisper, my voice going unnoticed by the visitor, my words drowned out by the whine of his weapon charging up, heat washing over the cell until the walls blackened.

"It's done." The man in the hazmat suit announced as he looked around the room. "Wait what's that?" He asked as he pointed to where I was sitting.

"It's a void, it looks like someone's sitting there, creepy." A second hazmat suited agent announces as he enters the cell and walks over to where I'm sitting. Removing a scanner from his belt, he waves the calculator sized device past my face.

"Got anything?" The first man asks as the scanner beeps.

"Got some weird fungal readings, some kind of mold." He tells his buddy. "Nothing else." He adds before stepping back as his friend steps up and charges up the thermal cannon.

"No problem I'll burn it out." The first guy states as pressurized heat washes over me once again. Even though I can barely feel it I scream, maybe that'll be enough to get their attention. Neither of them react until the canon is shut off, their faces showing utter disgust at the unburnt section of the wall.

"What is the problem with this filth?" The second asks as he waves the scanner at me.

"Maybe it's some kind of Blight mold, I mean we packed so many of them in here maybe something leaked." The second states as one of the agents reaches out and touches the wall, his hand passing through me. Wait passing through me!? Now panicking I reach out to the man in the suit only to hear a siren go off.

"We've got a bio-chemical breach!!" The man with the scanner yells. "Wait I'm picking up Carrier genes in addition to the mold. We need a security cordon to lock down a harmful Carrier, be warned we have no ID on categorization."

"Overwatch we need authorization to use lethal force if this escalates!" The first agent barks as he slides a lens over the front of the canon.

"Please don't shoot me!!" I scream, my voice causing the agents to lower their weapons.

"Overwatch we have visual on target." The agent with the canon states. "Early twenties, mixed race female with brown hair and green eyes. Looks like she may have been down here for a while judging from her condition."

"You...you can see me?" I stutter as the second agent runs the scanner over me.

"We have gene identification lock Analysis sending now." He states before withdrawing away from me. "Waiting for orders."

"Wh...wh...why couldn't you see me earlier?" I stutter as the first agent slips the focusing lens off the canon. "Where am I?"

"What's your name miss?" The first agent asks as more men in hazmat suits arrive to form a security cordon outside the reinforced plastic wall.

"Penny." I answer cautiously. "Please I just want to go home." I plead as another agent brings in a reflective blanket and wraps it round my shoulders.

"There is something you need to know about your condi..." The second agent begins to tell me before something stops him mid sentence.

"Is that an Afrikaans accent?" The first agent asked. "South African right?"

"Botswanan." I answer.

"Did you get that?" The second agent asked. " Okay, okay. Miss," He states before turning to me, "you just earned yourself a meeting with the Deputy Director."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Seems like a pretty interesting character. I'm guessing her power set has something to do with invisibility right? Or something similar? Seems like an interesting power to be used compared to the other explosive powers our other Carriers have.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Interesting character....is there a connection between her power and the fungus?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Interesting. I'm just going to guess that this connects back to the ship that crashed in Africa, a week ahead of TGI. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Now we're just being silly with black boxes

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Bump

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

Hmm.... Interesting. A character from Southern Africa, eh? I think I see where this is going. Looking forward to that.

But I'd like to talk with ya about the details given in Wolffe to solidify things if you go into the Africa Incident, please. Just shoot me a PM if that's what's going on.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: Okay PM sent thanks for the comment glad you're looking forward to this

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Feels unfinished. Like about a third of an opening scene in a video game where all hell breaks lose and you have to run for your life. Though judging by our South African discussions I understand why this isn't fully developed.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Yeah twin factors such as typing on my phone in the cold and not knowing the entire SoE were both limmiting factors. Expect a better second issue by the end of the week

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Just try to keep in mind that right now all you seem to have is some shock, a little suspense and a bunch of names and terms. I would focus on trying your best to help the readers understand why each of those terms are relevant to the plot and how they tie together. With the added substance, either through narration, dialogue, or subtext, the story should in turn become more fun to read.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@impurestcheese: Interesting character. So she spent more or less a year in the cells with blights before she became visible again? That's pretty messed up

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7