batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

#0 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-0-1585749/

#1 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-1-1590148/

#2 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-2-1595137/

#3 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-3-1689166/#4/

#4 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-4-1689357/#13

#5 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-5-1689849/#11

I’m standing in front of a bank, wearing a balaclava, holding a sack of stolen money and some costumed idiot is in my way. Luckily it’s Rocking Roll; if it was Quoll, Wind Dust, or that moronic group of his I’d be dead. I’m gonna get one shot at this so I better sell it.

No Caption Provided

“Oh thank god!” I rip off the balaclava and drop to my knees. “He’s over there.”

Rocking Roll looks to where I point like a dog following a ball.

“He said he’s kill me if I didn’t help,” I pull up all the crap my customers use to tell me when they were short for a hit, the hang dog looks, looking at the floor, slumped shoulders, generally pathetic. “Please…”

He looks again t the man on fire running at towards the cop car, which has slid sideways and the cops jump out like they’re in a bad movie. “Like who is he?”

“Towering Inferno,” I say. “He’s working for the Reverend Doctor Dentist. Oh please help.”

“Chill dude, I got this.” And he speeds off on his cloud…I swear I can hear ACDC’s TNT coming from somewhere. I really want to watch this idiot smash the bank manager in front of the cops but I’ve got to get out of here before he realises he’s a dumb as he looks. I leg it as fast as I can. I’m about three blocks away when a motorcycle screeches to a halt in front of me. It’s the underling guy.

“Bag!” he barks. I toss it to him and like that he’s away. Them knowing where I am at all times really annoys me. I need to get whatever they put in me OUT. But right now I need to get the hell away from here.

I sit in corner of The Indigo Bar* nursing a bar as I plot all forms of revenge and torture. I’m not a naturally violent person but for the Quan’s I’m going to make an exception. The Indigo Bar, named stupidly after the city like dozens of other business here in Ambe…

“Where the &^%$ is Amber City?” I say aloud, puzzled by my own musings. I’m sore, angry and poor! I’ve been all three before but never at this level simultaneously. I drain the flat dregs from the bottle hoping for a miracle; it never comes. I head for the door when I recognise the black guy wearing grey and sunglasses. We ain’t friends, he’s an occasional customer. He nods, I nod. His nod says “You got anything?” and mine is “Not tonight man.”

I notice his freaky friends and I’m glad I’m going now; midgets creep me out. The Indigo Bar attracts all kinds of weirdos. I get to the door there’s a biker picking up some coins off the floor. His ass is sticking out, along with his wallet. I haven’t picked a pocket since my teens and I’m desperate. It’s almost textbook! As I leave I notice a weird gay couple heading towards the Indigo; man are they going to be in for a shock!

I take the cash, toss the rest of the wallet. I now have eighty six dollars to my name. Should get me a r…

BZZT

“&^%$ YOU!” I scream as I hit the ground. I swear I’m going to take a blowtorch to their eyes! My pocket hums. I let it ring a few times before answering.

“Having fun?” I ask.

“Three thousand dollar,” barks Genghis down the line. “Not enough.”

“You gave me three minutes you retarded *&^%# ap…!”

BZZT

I’m going to force feed him jet fuel and jam matches up his ass! Genghis Quan is going to be the first criminal in orbit! Closely followed by his brother and that ape underling of theirs!

“…even am!” I catch the last part of his rambling as I put the phone back to my ear.

“HEY!” I yell back. “Missed all of that because y…”

“Stupid round eye!” chuckles Genghis. “Train station. Seven am.”

“You want me to catch a train?”

“Oh no…you make one go boom!”

Great! Yesterday I’m in a coma, today I’m a bank robber and tomorrow I’m going to be a &^%# terrorist! Feel like marching back into the bar and kicking that creepy midget in the hat to death. Better go find a $#!^y motel, tomorrow’s gonna suck even harder than today did.

To be continued...

** The Indigo Bar, want to see what happens then read thishttp://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-wind-and-water-3-1689376/#10

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: So now Quan wants him to blow up a train?! Looks like the early morning commute is about to be shook up...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: I wonder if Heatseeker will go through with it? Hopefully blowing up a train is where he draws the line

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: The almost-recall of Amber City was semi-interesting.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: that reads like a backhanded compliment :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Wasn't meant to be backhanded. The possibility that Heat Seeker is a bridge to both worlds is kind of interesting, but I really have no interest in the Reborn Universe, so only kind of. It seems like he has the role of Hulk in Heroes Reborn.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hmm. Shorter then the past issues, however I guess seeing at the rate and general quality you've been putting these out in it is quite understandable. The quality being very good by the by.

Nice reference to the Response by the way. Gonna have to get started on the next issue of that pretty soon. As well as references to 5th Column Reborn and the Wind and Water mini series.

Rocking Roll being a dumbass is also very nice. Although I doubt any of the other heroes would have handled the situation any better. Is Rocking Roll generally a superhero? Most of the time we just see him flying around on his cloud so it's somewhat confusing.

And Ghengis Quan... best name ever.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Rocking Roll believes he's a hero and attempts to do heroic things. It's just that he's not very smart, not very good at it; he also likes getting wasted and taking drugs which isn't really productive when you're fighting crime. Rocking Roll is almost an anti anti-hero :)

I thought since you made reference to the Indigo Bar then Nate would know about it since he's a criminal. And it worked nicely as we had a crossover without any interaction :)

Speaking of the Response, check your inbox sometime today as I'll having that needs your help, approval and input

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Oh Rock, you lost all of your brain cells a while ago didn't you? Quick thinking on Nate's part though. That gay couple thing though...-_- We'll talk that out later lol

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: From where Nate was standing he saw two guys walking really close wearing leather, and he made a judgement upon them. They don't know he thinks that they make a cute couple, he'll probably never see them again...actually Mark's lucky Nate didn't recognise him because last time they smacked the daylights out of each other

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cbishop