Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Continued from:

#0 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-0-1585749/

#1 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-1-1590148/

#2 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-2-1595137/

As my eyes flutter open. It's all white and I feel like I've fought Mike Tyson inside a washing machine full of baseball bats. I go to speak but there's tube in my mouth? What the..?

I try to sit up but I'm as weak as a kitten. What is going on? Where am I?

"Nate?"

I loll my head to the right to see an Asian guy who looks like he is bored and smells of cauliflower.

"Who are you?" I garble.

He makes a face and stands up, he's huge! He puts hand on my chest and reefs the tube out. Like production line he unclips and unhooks me from the various monitors and devices despite the beeping and my feeble struggles.

"Am I in the hospital?"

"Not any more," he says as he tosses me over his shoulder like I'm a beach towel. "Quan's want to see you."

"Now hang on a minute!" I start to protest when he swings me like a kid and my head collects the cold white wall of the hospital.

"Wake up!" The shrill voice is accompanied by a splash of water. I'm awake and in more pain than I was before, probably because my arms are tied with metal cables and stretched above my head; my toes only just touching the ground. Standing in front of me is the Asian rock ape who abducted me from the hospital along with, oh no! Genghis and Kublai Quan. I'm in serious $h!t!

"You owe money!" barks Genghis as he taps his boots with a wooden bat. "You owe dust!"

"I said I'd pay," I groan. "I've still got time."

Kublai bursts into laughter "What day is it?"

His tobacco stained smile makes me think that Sunday might be way off. Doesn't explain the weird dreams. The other Quan joins the chuckling along with the underling. It's all a big joke that nobody told me about.

"What's so funny? And another thing, why am I tied up huh?" I'm angry but my croaky voice makes it sound like I'm whiny not furious.

"You asleep six month!" states Genghis.

"We find you face down in a puddle of piss and vomit," adds Kublai.

"What?" I can't believe what they're telling me. It's dumb. It's ludicrous. It's stupid. It's...possible.

"You die! We call ambulance," sniggers Genghis as he closes my jaw with the tip of the bat, adds a little tap on the Adam's apple because he's a nasty piece of work.

"Like a junkie, you O.D. They use paddles to bring you back but you go into..." Kublai turns to the underling and snaps his fingers. 'What they call it?"

"Drug induced coma,"

"Drug induced coma," Kublai repeats. "Now we could kill you like a chicken, but then we out of pocket. Besides we already kill Yun so no need to kill you just yet. But you sleep for ages. So we get doctor to chop out a kidney."

That explains the pain in my lower back.

"So you owe us a lot of money. Hospital not cheap. Plus interest. Lots of interest."

"And dust!" snaps Genghis.

"And dust." Kublai steps up into my face, so close I can smell his rotten nicotine breath; it's like a dog's breath if that dog smoked cigars and drank sardine juice. "We own you."

"I owe what I owe," I stare back into his piggy little eyes. "But I'm nobody's property!" I fire up my...what the hell? Wheres my flames?

"Trying to burn me?" Kublai asks as he pushes me away so I swing. He laughs and steps aside as Genghis steps in and belts me across the gut with the bat. I see stars! I think my guts just tried to exit via my butt! Genghis winds up for another go. I'm a human pinata! I feel something in my chest crack, then ooze. I fight for breath. Today, whatever f&^%$ day it is f%^%$ sucks!

Kublai holds up a small black torch-like thing. "You have nasty fire powers. Good for you, bad for us. So while you lay peeing in your pants in hospital we make some calls. We get this egghead kid to build this. Using stuff we get from CBTF, Xiphos and what they use in prison he make this. Let me show you."

BZZT!

Electricity explodes through my veins! I'm convulsing like an epileptic as volts and amps bounced around my body. My $#!t day just got a million times worse!

"This turns your powers off and on like a light switch," laughs Kublai. "Shocks you too. Also built in tracker in case you try to be tricky. So as I said, we own you."

"You our dog!" chuckles Genghis.

"You do what we say, when we say," says Kublai "Or we fry you."

On a scale of one to f%$# off; this is a mo+#^f@*$!ng (^%t bucket almost beyond comparison! I've been turned into a bug zapper, no I've been turned into a noisy dog with an internal shock collar! I'm up to my eyeballs in debt with a gang of psychopathic bastards and I'm missing a kidney! Add that to I'm hanging from a roof being used as batting practice after coming out of a god knows how long coma and my business partner is also dead! Oh how I wish that costumed idiot Wind Bagger would smash through the roof and rescue me! I'd even take the Quoll...actually him coz he's got claws and teeth and would rip these ^%$#'s apart!

They're dead! They are so dead! Once I get out of here and work out how, they're dead!

To be continued...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Well... Heat Seeker's in a bit of a bad situation. Very good issue with Seeker's inner monologue and thoughts on his current position being very entertaining.

Next issue please.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Does Quan have anything to do with the Indonesian Gang that is running around Indigo City?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: Added to the 5th Column Comics Library. :)

You've been really putting characters through the wringer the last year or so. Yeesh.

Luckilly Quoll, Blight, and even Heisler's children may all have some hope in another universe. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Drama, drama, drama! The essence of good story I feel :)

@tommythehitman: He's had better days and it's about to get worse

@impurestcheese: The Indo Gang probably started within the Quan network and went solo much to the Quan's hatred and disgust.

@dngn4774:The Quan's think they organised and orchestrated Yun's death because they're the Quan's who think they control everything and a lucky guess on my part coz I wanted just Nate without attachments so a fortuitous guess on my part

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: The most beautiful thing about comedy from the Quans is that they're never in on the joke. :)

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Glad to finally see some more Heat Seeker in the main universe, thanks for bringing him back man

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is where my last big hump on the catch up list is. Will read when I can.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This was pretty good. Nice to see the Quans in action and actually being intimidating. Wish they were a little less comedic with the accents, but I get it. Asian gangsters.

Reminds me of the position the Heisler children were in with the Macedonians.... Hopefully this story ends on a happier note lmao.