5th Column Comics: Alexander Wolffe #12

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warning: Graphic Content may be ahead. Viewer discretion is advised.

Kingville Forest, Command Tent, A Couple Days Later, Early Morning

"No! I won't!" I shout.

"You have to, Alex." The Shadow response.

"Who the hell do you think you are? You've been here a few days and you think you can tell me to.... To do that!?" I ask angrily.

"I wouldn't say if it wasn't necessary, Alex." It retorts. "It simply has to be done."

"Get out." I'm muter out under my breath.

"Alex-" It starts to say.

"Get out!" I scream at the Shadow, slamming my hands in the table as I shoot up ready to throw him out of the tent if I have to. But when I stand up I see Rive has walked in.... And, of course, the Shadow is gone. I look around, distraught, trying to prove to Rive I'm not going mad. "It... It was here, Rive. A second ago.... The Shadow.... He was here...." I comment as I continue to glance around, looking for it.

"We really need to talk about this, Alex. Like you said yesterday, we have no idea what happened to you while you were gone. Any number of things could've happened that would.... Push someone with your past over the edge. You just have to talk to me." Rive tells me concernedly.

"No.... No... I'm okay, Rive. Trust me." I continue glancing around trying to see where the Shadow went.

"You're far from okay." Rive responds. "I've noticed it. Blaze has noticed it. Hell, most of the camp has noticed it. You need help." Rive says sternly. My attention moves to what he's saying now, away from the Shadow.

"Even if there was something wrong... What could we do about it?" I ask Rive.

"Well, if it's an emotional thing like I'm betting it is, then we can talk about it. That'd be a first step, at least." He responds. Before I can comment back Blaze walks in.

"Doctor. Colonel." Blaze addresses us. "The squads are set. Six squads of five men. Each squad has a heavy hitter, ranged, leader, a wild card, and a support. Just as you ordered, Colonel Wolffe."

"You know you don't have to do the formalities when it's just us three, Blaze" I tell him. "It's just kind of awkward." I crack I smile at him.

Blaze and Rive laugh. "Sorry, sir. Just a habit." Blazes stiffens up. "The squad leaders are ready for your command." They both stare at me.

"Good. Tell them to meet us at the rendezvous point in Devil's Den. Make sure each squad takes different routes so they don't get any unwanted attention." I pause. "And tell them if any of them if they're caught by CBTF and don't go down without a fight, I'll break them out of prison so I can kill them myself." Blaze nods and heads out.

"He's growing into a fine individual." Rive comments.

"Blaze?" I ask. Rive nods.

"You've done him a great thing, taking him under your wing when no one else would." Rive responds. "He looks to you as a father figure."

"He's been through what no kid his age should ever have to go through." I retort. Blaze is in his early twenties, yes, he's still a kid. "I did what anyone should've done." Rive nods in agreement.

"And you're sure you want to go through with this?" Rive asks. "Just to ask one last time."

I shoot him an annoyed look. "I'm positive. I have to." Rive still looks displeased. "I've watered it down as much as I can. There'll be minimal casualties." His expression doesn't change. Whatever. "You're not coming, right?" He shakes his head. I nod to show I heard him. "Well I'm going to go suit up. If anyone acts up again and tries attacking any other carrier, have Bruiser deal with them. See you when we get back." I tell him before I head my personal tent.

Denton AKA Devil's Den, An Abandoned House, Later that day

"Once you charge your explosives at your designated locations, meet back here. Hurry in and hurry out. We aren't detonating until we know everyone is out of the hotspot, and we want to get this over with as soon as we can. And remember, this entire block will be filled with low life thugs and criminals. Don't hesitate to kill anyone who tries to stop you. Don't worry about any police or CBTF presence. No one gives a d@mn about these people. Good luck." I explain to my troops before our attack. "Oh, and squad leaders don't forget to grab your earpieces. If anything goes wrong, contact me and/or Blaze immediately." I look into their faces to see some of them aren't very excited yet. "Let's show the world what happens when they think they can step all over our people. Make the next lunatic with a thing for carriers think twice.... Burn the whole f*cking block to ashes!" I shout.

"Yeah!!" They all scream at once. Blaze smiles.

"Now move out." I order all of them. As they depart the squad leaders come up for their earpieces and then head to their designated portions of the block.

Forty Five Minutes Later....

The calls start coming through the ear pieces. The first that came through was: "Squad Six is set." A few moments later: "Squad Five is set." Immediately after that: "Squad Four is set." Soon after that: "Squad Three is set." After a few minutes Blaze's squad, Squad 2 calls in.

"Wolffe!" Blaze shouts through the earpiece. Something's wrong.

"What? What's going on, Blaze?" I ask concernedly.

"Some crazy-" He gets cut off. "-tore through-" The sound of him blasting flames covers whatever he said next. Then some static. "-need backup!"

"F*ck. I'm going over there. Nemesis, come with me. The rest of you make sure the explosives stay set." I tell my squad as I march out of our target building. "What's the old saying, Nemesis? If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself."

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wolffe's gonna kick some ass! yay! Seems like it's been ages since we've had a cool Wolffe action scene and now I can't wait!

Good issue!

Some typos but that's not really a problem depending on how quickly you typed this up. I have to say it's currently a tie between my favourite characters for this series. It's either, Alex, Rive or the new Shadow guy. All are awesome.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@alexander_wolffe: Hmm is the crazy who I think it is? This could get messy. A few problems with tense, but nothing that a quick edit won't fix.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Wow, yeah it has been a while now that I think about it. Thanks! Glad you already like the Shadow, there'll be plenty more of him to come. @cbishop: Thanks. @impurestcheese: Yep, yep. Prolly will lol.

To all: Sorry about the typos. I sat down last night and wrote it in one sitting, got too tired to read it over, then forgot to double check today before I posted it. My bad.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who's attacking them? Maybe shadow has something to do with it.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@alexander_wolffe: Good chapter, yet again. Interested by this new story arc and looking forward to the next one

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: Jeeeeeeeeezus. You've been busy. You didn't have to comment on all of them, but nevertheless, I appreciate it, bro. Thanks. Glad you've enjoyed it so far. I'm going to post the next issue then start reading yours in like five minutes.