30 minute free write - Parasite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

"Uh, hey? My name's Dave, and i'm an alcoholic." The mic screeches for a second; Dave's fingers tap against his pants as he scans the small crowd. "I don't really know how this works, I guess I just say my life story?"

"How long've ya been sober, bo'?" A man who's short and looks very bored in the front says without looking up from his phone.

"Well, uh, maybe like, 500 hours? With a little, you know, wiggle room there." His meek voice only just reaches the crowd, whose heads are now turned to the side and their eyes squinted a little, staring down Dave while questioning if he's insane.

"I had a job right out of high school. It was just a simple one, I just kind of lucked into something at the dinner about fifteen minutes from here. It was going good, I had enough money to pay my part of the rent on time. I just cooked food everyday and I was okay with that, I never was one those guys who wanted to be something like special or anything. Then one day I was driving and got lost. I saw a comet hit the ground and I went to check it out. I, uh, saw something. It was like barely breathing, and kind of burnt. After that I just kind of, really got into drinking and my boss told me I had to do this or I would lose my job.. so.. yeah?"

"Hi Dave." The crowd says as a unit and Dave goes to find his seat. the only thing on his mind is a cold drink and how lame he just sounded. He finally gets to his seat in the back and someone else goes up and talks. He doesn't pay much attention to anyone that speaks after him, he really just wants to go to his crappy apartment and try and get some sleep. He's been feeling pretty foggy lately.

The meeting ends and he mingles for a couple of minutes before leaving. He drives on an empty back road so he'll have time to think to himself while driving and no chance of getting into a car on car accident. All of his thoughts go back to that thing he saw in the field not too long ago. The smell of burning leather rushing into his noise, the last cry of the thing that he assumed to be a baby, the mechanical whiz of the pod it was in. The only thing he could clearly see was a "S" on the pod. He remembers bowing his head and praying instantly.

With one hand on the steering wheel, he uses his other to rub his face. He sees purple. It's bright. All he sees is purple. Man tries to rub away the purple, it's unnaturally purple. He can't stand it. He loses control. Car meets tree. Tree wins. He wakes up spitting up blood and a pounding vibration in his head. A new voice makes itself known. "Yooooooou are the new hossssst." Fade to black. When the body that was Dave rises, Dave is gone. The only thing left is a Parasite.

Cops come around five hours later, they don't find a body.

So, yeah, just a quick free write I felt was good enough to share.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#1  Edited By cbishop

Sooo...Parasite as something that was attached to Kal's ship, so came from Krypton or at least from space? Is that your idea, or have they retconned that in the comics somewhere along the way? Good story. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah, Parasite came in with Kal's ship.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Nice bit of writing there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Very intresting, wasn't the original Parasite (Rudy something?) a mutation or is that Pre New 52?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Didn't see your comment until now, I think it's been either a lexcorp related mishap or a space alien thing. Not positive on that.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I really wanna see Parasite get a big push. Other than Lex, he's my favorite Superman villain. I like this take. A little reminiscent of Venom, but still a cool story.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers