• 69 results
#1 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright! The first awards for a full year! It all goes pretty much the same way as the monthly ones go but for the yearly one, anything written since January 1st 2011 qualifies! YEAH! Remember that one you wrote in february that was totally awesome but received no recognition? No? Well neither did we but THAT QUALIFIES TOO! ALRIGHT!  

(More on the Fan-Fic awards here) (For this month's awards click here)

First however, THE RULES:

-Only nominations posted on this thread will be counted

-Anything written and posted ON THE VINE from the 1st of Jan until the 15th of december is fair game to be nominated.

-You can nominate yourself and/or your work or another fic'r and/or their work

-The same story can be nominated for many awards. Same for writers.

-You have until the 25th to nominate. Any fics posted after the 15th will count for the 2012 awards.

-You can nominate different writers for the same awards

Categories are:

For the writer:

Fic'r of the year (whether you write or not, being generally helpful and nice towards new users or giving helpful advice to other writers, even commenting on someone's stories may get you the award)

Best writer (One we should all be striving for)

Best new writer ( If you have recently discovered the 'Fan-Fic' forum here and have posted your very own fan-fic, even if you have written Fan-fiction before on other websites, you are still eligible)

For your stories and characters:

Fan-Fic of the year (Explain what happens in it and why you think it is great and deserving of the almighty virtual badge! If I'm familiar with the series then I'll probably put my own thoughts into it as well but I don't want any Fan-Fic nominated! Remember, it's the yearly awards!)

Best story (A continuation of the story has to have been posted within the month but the whole story will be judged together. Same story can not be nominated twice in a row.

Best new Fan-Fic (Has to have 3 chapters or under to be eligible. One chapter has to have been posted within the month.)

Best character (Can be original or established. Judged upon your writing of the character, same character can not be nominated two months in a row.)

Best supporting cast (Judges on how well you write your character's supporting cast and if your supporting character's fits your Fan-Fic or/and character)

For your artwork!

Best work of Art for the year (Nominate a story which has a piece of art included. ONLY THE ART WILL BE JUDGED FOR THIS AWARD!)  

Nominate fic'rs like this (preferably)

UserRed- Nominate for Fic'r of the month (Because of yadda yadda yadda), Best Story (In 'Emma Frost is such a babe'), Best Characters (In 'Damn you Cyclops!')

UserBlue- Nominate for Best Story (In 'Death to all humans, Muahahahahaha!')

UserGreen- Nominate for Best New Fan-Fic (In 'Fear Itself:The bad and the...well bad')

Get nominating and thanks!  

-CapFanboy

#2 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

grrr arg! trying to make me pick one.... this is going to take a while to think on.

#3 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Trodorne said:
grrr arg! trying to make me pick one.... this is going to take a while to think on.
You can nominate as many people as you like but you can only vote for one when the voting runs around!
#4 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5939 posts) - - Show Bio

ARGHH!!!! I'm only starting off my fan-fic, but a lot of people like it!

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by batkevin74 (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick me for new writer (clocked up three short pieces) and swimsuit section. :)

#7 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

User Edgeworth_11 - nominate for best artwork in Marvel Genesis: Namor 1#

Your nomination has been accepted and counted. (That sounds waaaaaaaaaaaay too formal.)

@batkevin74 said:

I pick me for new writer (clocked up three short pieces) and swimsuit section. :)

Titles/links? So I can identify you to the voting public!

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

ARGHH!!!! I'm only starting off my fan-fic, but a lot of people like it!

Nominate yourself then! If people vote you, you get a likkle badge thing!

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo hoo I'm official! :) Ok the links to my stuff are:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/cyclops-vs-colossus-short-read/643091/#8

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/super-hero-smack-up/640530/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/batman-vs-darth-vader/637113/

#9 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Woo hoo I'm official! :) Ok the links to my stuff are:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/cyclops-vs-colossus-short-read/643091/#8

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/super-hero-smack-up/640530/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/batman-vs-darth-vader/637113/

Glad there were no pics of you in speedos and whatnot....your nomination has been accepted

#10 Posted by batkevin74 (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Oh you didn't want a speedo pic? Or you did want a speedo pic? Well here's a speedo pic for the swimsuit section of the fan-fic competition, which may or may no be me! :)

#11 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright! I'll start up with my first vote. The vote goes to KisserNe for being the best new writer. Her stories were by far the greatest. These series includes OS: Crimson Storm, a Batman Fan-Fiction: Meet Edward Nigma, DC Genesis: Riddler and the currently new series, The Darkest Silence Legacy.

The other votes are coming soon. :P

#13 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

Alright! I'll start up with my first vote. The vote goes to KisserNe for being the best new writer. Her stories were by far the greatest. These series includes OS: Crimson Storm, a Batman Fan-Fiction: Meet Edward Nigma, DC Genesis: Riddler and the currently new series, The Darkest Silence Legacy.

The other votes are coming soon. :P

Before placing my nominations, I want to say thank you very much buddy! That's really awesome, appreciated and brought one of the biggest smiles to my face! I think I even may have blushed!! You've helped motivate me to keep writing and it's awesome to see you feel that way!!

Even if I don't get the votes, that was definitely more than good enough for me xDD

MY NOMINATIONS!!!

Fic'r of the year:

The Impersonator- Definitely one of the nicest, most supportive and coolest people on the Vine. He’s also a very talented writer, for examples: Iron Man: The Cluster Chronicles and the one about that one bub… what’s his name again? Oh yeah, Project X: The Birth of Wolverine. (Note: I’ve only read a couple of issues and I love both series already.) He is always giving feedback and comments and genuinely being a very kind-hearted person who will message you for a little chit chat or even offer his advise or help.

Best writer:

It’s a tough call for me, because I love a lot of the writers on here and think basically everyone (that I have read) are extremely talented but I do believe that one of our dearest Moderators takes the cake on this one. I nominate Icarusflies for her excellent fan-fictions (and RPGs,) but the top one is What ever happened to the Egregious Gravedigger?

Best new writer:

Ee, that one I don’t know at all. Basically, none of the people that I have been following and reading are new. I think I’ll say SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 for their series that just started the other day, the Avenging Legion. But I am going to come back with more or a final decision.

For your stories and characters:

Fan-Fic of the year:

Best story:

IcarusFlies: What ever happened to the Egregious Gravedigger?

InnverVenom123: The Marvel Knights

They are both brilliant, well-written and all in all... AWESOME. I love them both and really didn't/don't want to stop reading them.

Also, InnerVenom has made me more interested in Marvel than I ever have been... Like, seriously. EVER!

Best new Fan-Fic:

I'll come back for this.

Best character:

Innervenom123's Deadpool

(The examples of this character: The Marvel Knights, The Prelude to "Deadpool: Operation "Oh, S#@%!"")

Awesome, dialogue and realistic. He's awesome and hilarious. Probably one of the best renditions of the character.

Best supporting cast

<(O-O)> I'll come back for this, too...

For your artwork!

Best work of Art for the year:Spiderbat87's Namor #1, the cover page illustrated by Edgeworth11.

That's the first of my nominations, I may return with more...

#14 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe:

Before placing my nominations, I want to say thank you very much buddy! That's really awesome, appreciated and brought one of the biggest smiles to my face! I think I even may have blushed!! You've helped motivate me to keep writing and it's awesome to see you feel that way!!
Even if I don't get the votes, that was definitely more than good enough for me xDD

You're welcome! I'm glad to help and you deserve the nomination. :D

The Impersonator- Definitely one of the nicest, most supportive and coolest people on the Vine. He’s also a very talented writer, for examples: Iron Man: The Cluster Chronicles and the one about that one bub… what’s his name again? Oh yeah, Project X: The Birth of Wolverine. (Note: I’ve only read a couple of issues and I love both series already.) He is always giving feedback and comments and genuinely being a very kind-hearted person who will message you for a little chit chat or even offer his advise or help.

Thanks for the nomination. I am honoured. :)

By the way, the bub's name is Logan aka Wolverine. But you already knew that. HA! HA!

#15 Edited by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. I got my four nominations. Well, I have actually five. One is up already. :P (edited)

Anyways, I might have to edit this as well if I have other ones coming up. Here goes.

Best new fan-fic

Orphan written by ithinkitwasyou.

This series is a must-read for Marvel and X-Men fans. Great story and original characters blending with the existing Marvel Universe.

Best Story

X-Men: Wolf in the Fold written by primepower53.

Another great series for the X-Men fans. Great job, primepower! Where ever you are, you deserve this nomination. :)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/my-final-fanfic/640183/#12

Best Writer

This nomination goes to Icarusflies for her outstanding Whatever happened to the.... series including the recent chapter, Whatever happened to the Egregious Gravedigger?

Best Character

Richard Occult is well-established and written by KisserNe. If you're a fan of DC comics and the supernatural, you would want to check out her new series, The Darkest Silence Legacy.

#16 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

Ok. I got my two nominations. Well, I have actually three. One is up already. :P

Anyways, I might have to edit this as well if I have other ones coming up. Here goes.

Best new fan-fic

This series is a must-read for Marvel and X-Men fans. Great story and original characters blending with the existing Marvel Universe.

Best Story

Another great series for the X-Men fans. Great job, primepower! Where ever you are, you deserve this nomination. :)

Oh you have a point with the Orphan. That is SO good

#17 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe: Yep, it's that good. :D

#18 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe @The Impersonator: @BlackArmor:

You're nominations have been counted!

@batkevin74 said:

@CapFanboy: Oh you didn't want a speedo pic? Or you did want a speedo pic? Well here's a speedo pic for the swimsuit section of the fan-fic competition, which may or may no be me! :)

OH SWEET LORD!

#19 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

Ok. I got my four nominations. Well, I have actually five. One is up already. :P (edited)

Best new fan-fic

Best Story

Best Writer

This nomination goes to Icarusflies for her outstanding Whatever happened to the.... series including the recent chapter, Whatever happened to the Egregious Gravedigger?

Best Character

Richard Occult is well-established and written by KisserNe. If you're a fan of DC comics and the supernatural, you would want to check out her new series, The Darkest Silence Legacy.

Oh wow, thanks buddy! xD

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, I've only wrote one story, but here's my story up for nominations:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/goodbyes-and-sweet-love-x-men-fan-fic/641333/#5

#21 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe: You're welcome! :)

#22 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/goodbyes-and-sweet-love-x-men-fan-fic/641333/#5

Your nomination has been counted :) Don't forget to nominate fics for the december awards. Link is in the first post

#23 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally counted my nominations for both really, but don't make that solid yet.

I'll be bahck!

#24 Posted by The Poet (8304 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Your nomination has been counted :) Don't forget to nominate fics for the december awards. Link is in the first post

Thanks!!!

#26 Edited by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate InnerVenom123's Ghost Rider series for the best artwork category. The series is called Ghost Rider: Evil's Many Faces. A nice piece of work which fits perfectly as a comic book cover.

#27 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

I nominate InnerVenom123's Ghost Rider series for the best artwork category. The series is called Ghost Rider: Evil's Many Faces. A nice piece of work which fits perfectly as a comic book cover.

You're nomination has been counted

#28 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

The voting is gonna be a hard one for me... I like...like...all of the people who are nominated thus far, lolol xD

#29 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#30 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's get these votes rolling, people. Bump it. LOUDER! Bump it. LOUDER! :P

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Best character: KisserNe's Riddler.

#32 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

Eee! Thanks! :DDD

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe: No prob! :D Well deserved!

#34 Edited by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Supporting Cast (Original Fan-fiction: Monicka)

Bruce Wayne was well-written none other than KisserNe. To say that I'm a big fan of Batman, this is a perfect characterization of Bruce while he's out of his Bat garb. :P

She was also able to write a fantastic love story between the playboy millionaire and the out of this world alien, Monicka. Batman fans should really check out this batsy. :P

Best Story

Ghost Rider: Evil's Many Faces was established and well-written by InnerVenom123. If you're big fan of the Ghost Rider, this amazing series should be checked out. It's just not the story which the rider fans should be riding over. It's the amazing cover art. So dark, gritty, and wonderful. I believe that InnerVenom123 has a talented artist somewhere riding on his tails. It's a h*ll of a ride.

#35 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#36 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator:

You are really making me feel good, buddy! xDD

No wonder I voted for you on the best award a person can get ;) :))

#37 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe: You're most entirely welcome! You have earned it. :D

I'm sure there are other people besides myself who deserve the best award they can get. ;P

#38 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator:

I would not disagree but you, buddy... you are always reading and always commenting. You are always being generally helpful and kind AND you have a bunch of awesome pieces of writing up on the Vine that I have only had the pleasure of glancing over and still adore. :p :)

#39 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe: I...I don't know what to say. :}

#40 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator:

You say "thank you" and I say "you're welcome" and it kind of always turns into a vicious circle and I'll just end with: "And it's the truth!" xD

Hope everyone has a good day and gets some more nominations in the mix :))

#41 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe: Thanks, bub! :D

Now, let's get these nominations rolling. :P

#42 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

Ok...I'll bite :D

I nominate myself for my 1001 Poet Tales (aka: The Poet's Secret Origins) Story

I don't know what catagory...perhaps art, though maybe one of the writing would also work...

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Impersonator said:

Best Supporting Cast (Original Fan-fiction: Monicka)

Bruce Wayne was well-written none other than KisserNe. To say that I'm a big fan of Batman, this is a perfect characterization of Bruce while he's out of his Bat garb. :P

She was also able to write a fantastic love story between the playboy millionaire and the out of this world alien, Monicka. Batman fans should really check out this batsy. :P

Best Story

Ghost Rider: Evil's Many Faces was established and well-written by InnerVenom123. If you're big fan of the Ghost Rider, this amazing series should be checked out. It's just not the story which the rider fans should be riding over. It's the amazing cover art. So dark, gritty, and wonderful. I believe that InnerVenom123 has a talented artist somewhere riding on his tails. It's a h*ll of a ride.

Your nominations have been accepted :) Don't forget to vote when the time comes round!

@InnerVenom123 said:

When I scrolled down identifying the nominations, I read that as "Best Kisser: Riddler." Just sayin' xD

#43 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: LMAO!

@The Impersonator: Thanks for the nomination! :D

#44 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy:

BAHAHAHAHAH! That is awesome.

Well, who knows? Riddler could be if he got some action, lmfao... >.>

#45 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@KisserNe said:

@CapFanboy:

BAHAHAHAHAH! That is awesome.

Well, who knows? Riddler could be if he got some action, lmfao... >.>

Who would give him that action? O.o

#46 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: No problem, bro! You deserve it! :)

Oh sweet! Look at those Ghost Rider covers. Makes me wanna drool. :P

#47 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: I ain't forget a thing, bub. Unless if that Batman image doesn't distract me. If ya know what I mean. :P

#48 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy:

Umm... I don't know... his reflection? Lol

It could happen though!! xD

#49 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Innervenom123s got my vote.

#50 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

@CapFanboy: I ain't forget a thing, bub. Unless if that Batman image doesn't distract me. If ya know what I mean. :P

O.o