Emma's Friend Jaye?

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sonic5328

In Uncanny X-Men #529 Emma Frost talks about an old friend named Jaye that she used to know. Anyone know who that is?

Raionherustsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Raionherustsu

I don't think it's a character that existed previously. 
In the Emma Frost series she was friends with Astrid Bloom and another girl I don't remember the name though... could be that girl, but I doubt it.

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sonic5328

No I already looked into that. It's not. It's weird that they mention a previously unknown mutant considering how few there are.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Belladonna

Emma mention it to Fantomex about guilt or something similar to that, she said she saw it in the newspaper after the Bastion incedent =]

Greyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greyed

obv Jaye is a salute to Jean1 of  the 2 popular currently dead X-men. Jaye and Jean? not much of a different when say it out loud.

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sonic5328
@Greyed: Um Jean wasn't killed in the Bastion attack so....
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
@Greyed said:
" obv Jaye is a salute to Jean1 of  the 2 popular currently dead X-men. Jaye and Jean? not much of a different when say it out loud. "
Yeah....no. 
AnvilQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AnvilQuick

The reference is to real live person (Jayè Donovynne) who worked under several pen names as a writer and artist. He suffered an aneurism causing him to exit the field. It was a nod to him.

Jacobyeavello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacobyeavello

The reference is to real live person (Jayè Donovynne) who worked under several pen names as a writer and artist. He suffered an aneurism causing him to exit the field. It was a nod to him.

Busted, the release date doesn't line up with Jaye's "Episode" which I can only assume you are him. I am screenshotting this and it's going in the evidence of your bullshit file.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anvilquick said:

Busted, the release date doesn't line up with Jaye's "Episode" which I can only assume you are him. I am screenshotting this and it's going in the evidence of your bullshit file.

jaye is a girl that it a man

AnvilQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: actually quoting the writer from his appearance at Emerald City Con. It was a "nod" to him meaning not factually based of him, just the name. If you have an issue with gender roles being switched, avoid the Thor comics ;).

Jacobyeavello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anvilquick: I know that it wasn't him that personally wrote it. I am saying his "brain troubles" hadn't happened when that issue released so it wouldn't make sense to give a "nod" to him.

Jacobyeavello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anvilquick: I'll find a way to contact him and just ask him about it. Should be educational.