gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Haden Blackman continues to carve out an almost elegant story of pursuit and violence for Elektra. Having accepted a job to track down a killer, a wrench was thrown into the mix when she discovered it was the killer’s son that arranged the deal. As Elektra continues to try to track down the elusive and deadly Cape Crow, she soon discovers someone is hot on her trail as well.

Blackman’s story combined with Michael Del Mundo’s incredibly gorgeous art takes Elektra to a different level. We’ve been seeing comics venturing out to different areas of the Marvel Universe and it’s a refreshing trip to see these familiar characters in different locales. This issue takes Elektra to a fascinating city and it’s too bad we don’t have time to see it all explored. The story goes in a slightly different direction from what you’d expect and it allows a chance to look deeper into Elektra and others.

Del Mundo’s art is enough to take your breath away. The colors and layouts make your reading experience something you won’t soon forget. It’s a joy to see art in a comic that doesn’t look like a dozen other books on the shelves. Each issue leaves you wanting more.

The Bad

As wonderful as the story and art are, it almost feels like something is missing. I wouldn’t call this a filler by any means but it has a slight feeling of slowing down the overall story of trying to find Cape Crow in order to make the story a little longer. The story takes a slight turn towards the end and you might find yourself scratching your head a little in trying to figure out what will happen next. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It’s just something that interrupts the momentum of the story a little.

The Verdict

Haden Blackman and Michael Del Mundo are carving out a new era for Elektra. With the story and art, we’re getting to see Elektra in a way we don’t usually get to see. Elektra doesn’t always get a chance to show us who she is inside or what’s going on in her mind. During this mission she’s taken out, we’re able to see a little more while also getting some beautiful and violent scenes. We may only be three issues in but already, I couldn’t imagine not having this title to read each month.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Transformers1024

First Grade was hard for me!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

dat splash page underwater

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@g-man: Really? You edited it to "First grade was hard for me"? Reeeeaaaal mature dude..

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Who were the people at the end?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I actually loved it. Teh art takes my breath away.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 owie  Moderator

totally, totally awesome. fantastic issue and series. i don't mind waiting on Cape Crow, the Bloody Lips stuff is just as interesting.

Who were the people at the end?

The ones at the top here Bloody Lips wife and kids, who he described as being killed in the first issue. The woman at the bottom was Elektra's mother.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

I really loved this issue . I'm not quite sure how the story took a slight turn.... Elektra and the LIPS had to fight each other. The Under water scene was great! The splash page of the under water city. OMG....

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the art, it's beautiful to look at but it's not good for the purpose of storytelling like it's great for contemplation but it doesn't illustrate the story as well as maybe I would like it to.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WheatStalker

Am I seeing things ... I read the last page, then I looked at the cover again ... read the last page, looked at the cover ...

Really enjoying this book.