gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

What is it about Elektra that makes our comic-reading hearts swoon? The idea of Elektra going on a mission against a killer is fascinating. What makes it trickier for her is she needs to bring him in alive as well as the fact that others are after him and bringing him in dead is an option for them. Elektra's hunt took her to Monster Island at the end of last issue. This put her on a collision coarse with a couple other killers and you have to love the dialogue between them. This is part of why we love Elektra so.

Of course this mission isn't going to be a simple one. Aside from other killers going after the same target, we discover another kink to make things difficult for Elektra. This adds another layer to the story and makes it more than a simple, 'hunt down the bad guy and bring him in.' Haden Blackman is keeping us and Elektra on our toes.

Michael Del Mundo, of course, does a phenomenal job on the art. There is such a beauty to it all, even when we're witnessing a brutal and bloody fight. His style fits perfectly with Elektra's deadly and graceful ways.

The Bad

Maybe it's just me, but I was hoping for a little more on Monster Island. Maybe I was just envisioning an insane setting for Elektra's hunt but, in some ways, it felt like a small arena.

I could go on and on about how much I dig Del Mundo's art but I do have to say that Scalphunter looked a little blocky when he was getting attacked.

The Verdict

I'm so thankful for this title. In a time when we're seeing new title after new title emerge, we're definitely feeling the pain in our wallets. But with Haden Blackman and Michael Del Mundo on board with this title, we're reminded of how graceful and deadly Elektra should be portrayed. Blackman adds another layer to the story in this issue and now we get to sit back and enjoy as it all unfolds. How long do we have to wait for the next issue?

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MannEffest

DAT COVER.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 owie  Moderator

This was a totally fantastic issue. Great battle with Lady Bullseye--it was so much easier to take it seriously than the similar battle between Black Widow and Lady Bullseye last week in Secret Avengers due to the different tones in the two comics. Great art and I am loving the new characters introduced in this series.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Monster Island? As in Godzilla's monster island?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jwalser3: yes, pretty sure I saw pterodactyls and monsters I had never seen before and probably never lived.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I didn't like was her head scarf, I think Del Mundo needs to draw it a bit lower and the fight scene with Lady Bullseye could've been a bit more exciting I guess.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately that pain in my wallet is what kept me from picking this up today. I really liked the first issue though and hope to pick this back up at some point.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I did a little fist pump reading/looking at that fight between Elektra and Lady Bullseye. Fair review. I don't think Elektra has ever looked better.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

i really loved the book as well the art was great and i kinda see your criticism of the blockness. I loved the lady bullseye fight.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

THIS ISSUE WAS GREAT!!!

Avatar image for ace_of_spades90
Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it. Elektra is back and better than ever.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I googled to see if that Chinese underwater city they talked about was a real place and it is. It's really cool.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maddpanda531
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I just looked it up and, I've gotta say, that is pretty darned awesome. I'd love to go diving there and see it for myself.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: Yea it's real Indiana Jones type stuff, I would love to go there.