What not to put on pages!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Ok, in the past two weeks this has actually become more of a problem than it has ever before... and i'm actually saddened to say that this seems to be mainly because of Green Lantern / Rainbow Corps submissions...

Let me put this plainly...

Do not upload any information about Lantern Corps, Ring Powers, or any other information that HAS NOT been published in the comics.

I don't care if this information comes from a certified spoiler source or not, hell, i don't care if it comes out of Geoff "Retcon" Johns mouth personally. 

If it hasn't been published, then it doesn't get put on the pages alright?

Seems simple enough, but over the past couple of weeks i have had to deal with so many submissions about Black Lantern Rings, Indigo Lantern Staffs and god knows what else... i know for a fact all this information is largely BS, but it seems people are convinced that it's factual information since "wikipedia" has the same information. 

Trust me, Wikipedia is NOT a valid source of information... just trust me on that alright.

take your information directly from published comics, if it's not in there, then it shouldn't be submitted to here

M
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

Finally someone says it.  Thank you Methos.  All it is, is someone trying to hog points

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Methos said:

Do not upload any information about Lantern Corps, Ring Powers, or any other information that HAS NOT been published in the comics.

You can't write about it if it hasn't happened, simple enough.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

you'd think that'd be simple enough, but oh no... there are still submissions coming in regarding the Black Power ring

M

mrjoshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mrjoshua

I know this is a common sense question, but for those unsure, does this include fan fic, forums or personal blogs?

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I don;t believe anything should be included on the page unless it was in a comic, movie or cartoon.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

When I edit a page, I always have the comic right there with me, just to make sure I'm not writing something wrong down

kore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kore

I'm not sure wear to write this, Zarana's image gallery has a lot of Beagle Boy pictures in it.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC
@War Killer said:
" When I edit a page, I always have the comic right there with me, just to make sure I'm not writing something wrong down "
ditto.
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@kore: it doesn't anymore
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Zoom
@War Killer said:
"When I edit a page, I always have the comic right there with me, just to make sure I'm not writing something wrong down "
Same.
Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Varient

I'm thinking I've seen a lot of stuff that doesn't belong,.. but took it as some convoluted exception in each case.  Maybe I'm just too low on the food chain, but why try to pack on the "point's" if some mod will just see and deny the silliness?
V.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Varient: I've encountered some of the bad spammers that wait until they have live edit to do their nonsense.
Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Varient

Well I'm frreee to make changes,.. and find my self FIGHTING to not immediately correct errors as I see them,...

Avatar image for richard_s__preston
Richard S! Preston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

What about duplicated rings? In Action Comics #481, Amazo uses duplicates of both Green Lantern's power ring and Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth. Should they be counted?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sure its been said before, and just my opinion, but ive noticed more than one bios in the past week
with summaries of events, powers, ect, that go sort of like this...

" Im not sure, didnt read it, or something, but then like, some guy or something, did this, or maybe he did something else, i dunno, and then some other stuff happened. characters powers include they may or may not be able to do this, i dunno, and some stuff.. " ect. 

not sure but thats strikes me as somewhat inncaurate for some reason.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@CATMANEXE: What pages? That seems inaccurate to me also.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: 
offhand im not sure. i noticed it more and more though through the week or more.
i'll be doing alot of work, mostly image wise during the week and i usually venture the same characters so ill start making a text list and pop back here after a week . some where small moments, whereas the rest of the bio seemed fine. more meant as a shout out to anyone to consider putting likewise down and to keep it in mind. if one doesnt know something for the bio, its okay to ask what happened at the very least i would think before finalizing it.
congrats on your status update by the why, your a good one for it.
Avatar image for richard_s__preston
Richard S! Preston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I've been following the Muppet Comics with a certain amount of gusto - what can I say, I'm a child at heart - and something's been bugging me. If, say, in Muppet Robin Hood, I know Kermit the Frog is there... but should Robin Hood be there as well?