• 52 results
Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I just so happened to notice this. If you are a major contributor to the site as far as the wiki goes, you may have gained a decent amount of points for the most popular characters in the industry, even though you rarely or even possibly never edit their pages. 

For example, I have this many points for these popular heroes:

Superman - 341 pts.
Wolverine - 261 pts.
Batman - 233 pts. 
Spider-Man - 131 pts.
Hulk - 94 pts.
Captain America - 79 pts.
Thor - 77 pts.

What I find surprising, is I have never actually edited these pages (except Wolverine). I also find it surprising that I've added some of these characters to so many issues or associations. Again, I find Superman topping the list as the most surprising, because if I had to pick my least favorite of the bunch, it would be him. I'm sure if I kept going I'd find Wonder Woman, but 50 pages of checking is enough for me. 

So my question to you is: How many points do you have for popular characters you know practically nothing about and never edit?
#1 Posted by RazzaTazz (9638 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have a bunch of 1 pt submissions for trivia questions, but a lot of them I know almost nothing about.  

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart Its from adding them to issues. You get 1 point on that characters page every time you add them to an issue. Same thing goes every time you credit a concept/creator/location etc.
#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress I know. It's funny how they add up. The game is how many do you have and see if you can be surprised like I was.
#4 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

I have 9 points... im soo proud.

#5 Edited by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got the highest points for both Gary Groth and Kim Thompson (89 points each) cause I added them to 89 Eros comics issues. I also have 71 points each for all the Powerpuff Girls; Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbles and the Powerpuff Girls team cause I added them all to their issues so I'm 2nd or 3rd top editor for each of their pages. Not really surprising but it is hilarious that I have so many points for XXX comics and kids comics.

#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio
Mutant, Never edited the page but added it to most of the X issues.
#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I earn all my points =P

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I was the same way when I first saw that I'd been gaining points for powers.  It's impossible to edit a page for a power, but I've been adding them to characters... :)

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Donald Duck is my primary example at 1,413 points; Judge Dredd at 890

other then that it's mostly creators where I notice it like Shelly Bond, I have almost 300 points on her page and it's virtually blank
#10 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Topolino addict ;)
#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: hey, fesak has me beat with almost 4000 points on Donald Duck...I don't really want all the Disney characters to be my top contributions though
#12 Posted by inferiorego (24623 posts) - - Show Bio
The Doctor

yep... I have 2,000 points of work on there, but due to a weird bug thing that happened a couple years back, it double the amount of points I received.
Staff
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" The Doctoryep... I have 2,000 points of work on there, but due to a weird bug thing that happened a couple years back, it double the amount of points I received. "
I remember that...Methos felt towards you the way I do to VictoriaGrey_2010 who (due to cheating the system) has twice as many points as me on my pride and joy (not the series, Lucifer Morningstar)

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @inferiorego said:
" The Doctoryep... I have 2,000 points of work on there, but due to a weird bug thing that happened a couple years back, it double the amount of points I received. "
I remember that...Methos felt towards you the way I do to VictoriaGrey_2010 who (due to cheating the system) has twice as many points as me on my pride and joy (not the series, Lucifer Morningstar)

"
The difference is that Mat didn't do it intentionally. I still rage about all the damage that she did to the pages. She's top contributor on ten plus pages and did absolutely no work on them. 
#15 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" The difference is that Mat didn't do it intentionally. I still rage about all the damage that she did to the pages. She's top contributor on ten plus pages and did absolutely no work on them.  "
I'm still shocked she wasn't banned from the site for that.
#16 Edited by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper said:

" @The Dark Huntress said:

" The difference is that Mat didn't do it intentionally. I still rage about all the damage that she did to the pages. She's top contributor on ten plus pages and did absolutely no work on them.  "
I'm still shocked she wasn't banned from the site for that. "
-__- I heard from the mods after I told them about it that she was, IIRC. Was checking in on her page the other day and saw that there was activity. I'm all for second chances, but this may be a bit much. I think she did close to 300K points worth of recopying before anybody noticed. And it's main character pages, it's not like she was doing it on obscure pages where nobody really pays attention to them.
#17 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I'd heard it was just a wiki ban, I noticed the activity too.
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper: I don't think it was ever specified to me. I'm tentatively okay with it. I still can't help but be pissed at her, though. 
#19 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

63 points on King Faraday's page, I know who he is but that's about all I know. This happens to me a lot on screened more son then on here.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have points for characters I have never edited but I think my points on Daredevil are well beyond what they should be.Don't get me wrong I did tons of work on the page but I think I got a little more than I deserved while trying to work around that BS glitch that underlines or highlights things for no reason.What I do notice is that people have made unnecessary changes to pages I have alot of points on and i've had to change them back to the way they were.For instance there is a section in Daredevil's Bio about when he was pretending to be away from NY and he was posing as his "twin brother Mike" so the section is called "The Life and Death of Mike Murdock" and someone kept going in and changing it to Matt as if I didn't mean to put that there.

#21 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: All editors are not created equal, that's for sure. 
#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

ALRIGHT I ADMIT IT!

I didn't write the Flaming Carrot bio, someone put it all in the (I forget what that little section at the top is called with the 50 word limit) and I just pasted it properly into the page

my points on The Incredible Hulk (2009) volume page are triple what they should be because a bug sent the submission through three times!

most of my early contributions make me hang my head in shame now, what a doofus that guy was

wow...nice to get that off my chest (not that it was an even slightly complete list mind you)
#23 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" ALRIGHT I ADMIT IT!

I didn't write the Flaming Carrot bio, someone put it all in the (I forget what that little section at the top is called with the 50 word limit) and I just pasted it properly into the page"
That's the deck, that is the same reason I got so many points on The Whole Hero Thing story arc, I moved it from the deck to the content area and did some clean up.
#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" ALRIGHT I ADMIT IT!

I didn't write the Flaming Carrot bio, someone put it all in the (I forget what that little section at the top is called with the 50 word limit) and I just pasted it properly into the page"
That's the deck, that is the same reason I got so many points on The Whole Hero Thing story arc, I moved it from the deck to the content area and did some clean up. "
that's right (I knew that...my mind is just slipping away from me at a rapid pace...I know I should sleep but I don't want to just yet...)...I actually remember the page before you fixed it and so can verify your claim although I can't remember why I never just fixed it myself
#25 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have this problem too much.  131 points on the lovely Marie Severin.

#26 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
Nerd stats of last four posters. # of submissions and average points per page. Looks like I give a little extra care to the miscellaneous junk I add, thus why I have lots of points for characters I don't really edit. 

aztek the lost- 48,732 (14.0 pts/pg)
jloneblackheart - 17,241 (20.2 pts/pg)
pikahyper - 16,882 (10.9 pts/pg)
Rheged - 1,092 (26.9 pts/pg)
#27 Posted by Renchamp (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

Murderworld, for an astounding 43 points. I've got plenty others with more points, but they are due to tasks. BTW, impressive averages by those four.

#28 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"
Nerd stats of last four posters. # of submissions and average points per page. Looks like I give a little extra care to the miscellaneous junk I add, thus why I have lots of points for characters I don't really edit. 

"

Interesting.  Yeah, I imagine my average would be a little higher, since I've got fewer submissions, plus I picked up exta points on Wiki Tasks.
#29 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:  looks like I'm creepin up on you jlone :P
#30 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper Maybe on pages edited, but you got a bit to go for point totals. ;)

I've slowed down quite a bit. I always though maybe I could catch aztek, or even (gulp) fesaj
#31 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

Continued (stupid iPhone)...

But I realized that's going to talk serious time and effort I don't have right now.

#32 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:  I've slowed down more then you these past four months, my editing is at a trickle, I'm way behind :D
#33 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper Either way, it's no competition. We're both awesome for contributing.

Besides, fesak is unstoppable...
#34 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:  we'll pass him some day :P
#35 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"

"
Nerd stats expanded edition. # of actual times hitting the submit button and average points gained per instance (since June 6, 2008 so only accurate for you three...for me it's probably off by 10,000 or so)

Rheged: 971 (30.3 pts/submission)
pikahyper: 20,005 (9.2 pts/submission)
jloneblackheart: 24,188 (14.4 pts/submission)
aztek_the_lost: 83,836 (8.2 pts/submission) and if adjusted for the approx. 10,000 I had pre-CV 2.0...93,836 (7.3 pts/submission)

So I make a lot of small subs and go back to old projects, it looks like on average I edit every page twice...I'm sure I'll go around and edit them all a third time eventually...pikahyper on the other hand is most likely to just edit a page one time and move on...although I don't understand how Rheged has a higher pts/submission rate then points/page
#36 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio

I just do everything right the first time and don't have to edit again :P

#37 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

The points system will be overhauled this year. Dave (Captain Cascader) is already working on this stuff with an engineer. Early stages, but the process has begun.

Staff
#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. Can you give us any details on how it's being redone?
#39 Posted by Toxin45 (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Say where can I find the Editing profiles of Characters

#40 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@Toxin45 I don't understand the question. If you mean how many points you have per character like we are talking about here, it's in your profile under wiki subs. I can give a more detailed description when
I get to a computer.
#41 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Toxin45: From your profile page, go to the tab labeled 'More.' Click on 'Wiki Subs.' Several tabs will appear under your main tab bar. Top Contributions will show points per page. Wiki Submissions will show most recent submissions, from latest to earliest.

#42 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman - 92 points 
Sonic - 84 points 

Are the 2 that pop out to me.
#43 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor - 180 points

#44 Posted by RazzaTazz (9638 posts) - - Show Bio

I got that weird bug once where I was editing a page and got the points that someone else would have gotten that was working on the page at the same time.  So I got 250 points for a 10 point submission on the X-Men.  I hope that anonymous fellow accepts my apology and I hope that he resubmitted to get his points after all.  

#45 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I have big points for Storm and Carnage. i haven't really done a thing on either of their pages.

and big points for most the major marvel teams pages since i regularly have to filter out crap people add to the members

#46 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@jloneblackheart said:
"
Nerd stats of last four posters. # of submissions and average points per page. Looks like I give a little extra care to the miscellaneous junk I add, thus why I have lots of points for characters I don't really edit.
"
Nerd stats expanded edition. # of actual times hitting the submit button and average points gained per instance (since June 6, 2008 so only accurate for you three...for me it's probably off by 10,000 or so)
Rheged: 971 (30.3 pts/submission)
pikahyper: 20,005 (9.2 pts/submission)
jloneblackheart: 24,188 (14.4 pts/submission)
aztek_the_lost: 83,836 (8.2 pts/submission) and if adjusted for the approx. 10,000 I had pre-CV 2.0...93,836 (7.3 pts/submission)
So I make a lot of small subs and go back to old projects, it looks like on average I edit every page twice...I'm sure I'll go around and edit them all a third time eventually...pikahyper on the other hand is most likely to just edit a page one time and move on...although I don't understand how Rheged has a higher pts/submission rate then points/page

I wish there was a way for us to see stats like this whenever.

#47 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: you can actually figure that out on your own, just go to your wiki submissions page to see your number of submissions, certain types of edits don't count though.

#48 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: welll I'd just like to know raw numbers like how many issues i've added, how many volumes I've added, etc. I'm just too lazy to count :P

#49 Posted by pikahyper (12164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: that's where lists come in to play, I add every issue I add to the wiki to my CV lists that way I can track them and know time period and how many per year. Other users add all the characters they work on or all the volumes they add, good way to keep track.

#50 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Dang, seems a bit too late for me. I have way to many to track down lol. A good thought though. Props to you for the idea.