Wiki Task Queue Theme Suggestions

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
I need help thinking of wiki task THEMES!!!!!!!
I need help thinking of wiki task THEMES!!!!!!!

Do you have a good idea for a Wiki Task Queue Theme? Each week when I fill up the task queue I try to stick to a theme; like adding tons of X-Men or Green Lantern characters -- in preparation for the upcoming movies. Or I'll focus the tasks on adding image captions or writing plot summaries on story arcs. If you have ideas on sections of the site you'd like to get community help with, shout out the details here. Just tell us what the theme name is and link out to example pages. If other members show interest, I'll pick your idea for a weekly task theme.

Previous weekly task queue themes:

Making a theme week out of our wiki task queue is way more fun than a boring random list of wiki pages that need help. So, got some ideas for me?

CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CasimirAngel

How about some of the multi-colored lanterns pages?

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

@CasimirAngel said:

How about some of the multi-colored lanterns pages?

That's a good one. I didn't make an official post about it, but I have in the past filled the task queue full of Red/Blue/Yellow lanterns.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By azza04

I feel the Superman page needs something extra.What that extra is I don't know, but it just needs something to make it awesome. 

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Red L.A.M.P.
Uh...do you want a long list of suggestions or a short one?
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It may also sound boring, but a lot of creator pages could stand to have more info

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Red L.A.M.P.

Well, There is always any of the things on my Series of Lists to Edit

Here are some themes which i have been seeing sense I been adding to my list:
  • The Cenobites (lots of characters don't have appearences)
  • Any of the T.R.I.B.E. Studios characters (annoyingly 8 or so don't have appearences)
  • Any heroes character that may or may not have a physical comic (I'm adding that to spike a discussion so we can get this decided already!!)
  • Several "Gargoyles" Characters 
  • Almost all the members of the team Wild Cards
  • Several Winx club characters (mainly the guys/boyfriends and the witches)
  • Almost all the low numbered wiki point characters created by the user known as "Scottsman"
  • Pokemon! (I can provide a list)
  • Several past and future members of Shadow Pact need appearences
  • by the looks of things perhaps we could do a manga theme (there are too many to name!!)
  • some Lost canvas characters who need to have appearences

I could go on, but don't want to steal someones thunder. actully too late. If you need more next year, please tell me!
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@jloneblackheart said:
It may also sound boring, but a lot of creator pages could stand to have more info
seconded!
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

@The Poet: For now just aggregate some theme ideas into one post... just like you did above.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Red L.A.M.P. said:

@The Poet: For now just aggregate some theme ideas into one post... just like you did above.

ok. and if you need any names or such, I can easily provide them!
KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KRYPTON

Since Green Lantern is almost out, should there be a wiki based theme around the objects? E.g. Green Lantern Ring, entities. 

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#11  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I would agree with everyone for a creator theme and would also like to suggest a publisher theme (barely any publisher pages have any info at all) and although it would be much harder a theme revolving around adding/cleaning up the friends/enemies/members areas of most of the major characters and teams.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I think creators is a good one, we give so much attention characters that our creator pages don't get the attention they deserve.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

ok just a thought but shouldn't every DC character related task be put on hold until after the relaunch since they will just have to be "tasked" again after the relaunch? most of the info won't really change but lots more will have to be added probably and tons of new captionless images will probably get added too that will need work.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Pages with plagiarized content revisions.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@pikahyper said:
ok just a thought but shouldn't every DC character related task be put on hold until after the relaunch since they will just have to be "tasked" again after the relaunch? most of the info won't really change but lots more will have to be added probably and tons of new captionless images will probably get added too that will need work.
Well, we do have three months till that happens so might has well prefect what has come before, so we can have time to add the new sagas which will come with the reboot as well as the annoying pictures to come.
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@The Poet said:
@pikahyper said:
Well, we do have three months till that happens so might has well prefect what has come before, so we can have time to add the new sagas which will come with the reboot as well as the annoying pictures to come.
Makes sense, I just figured there was other stuff that would be better tasks in the queue at this time.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@pikahyper: Agreed on that note. There are more needy stuff to have on the queue than *coagh coagh* Superman and *coagh coagh* green lanterns.
Just saying.
VickyVons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By VickyVons
I've read a few pages where, whoever wrote the character, did a terrible job in the grammar department. Maybe there should be wiki tasks to have people re-write them properly. Not just small errors either, but entire page re-writes.  
 Then again there is a reason why the pages can be edited, but the incentive of points might make people more eager.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@VickyVons said:
I've read a few pages where, whoever wrote the character, did a terrible job in the grammar department. Maybe there should be wiki tasks to have people re-write them properly. Not just small errors either, but entire page re-writes.  
 Then again there is a reason why the pages can be edited, but the incentive of points might make people more eager.
I think what Red L.A.M.P. is doing for this page is collecting ideas for the editing themes he some times posts (like green lantern or something).
If you can find a theme for these pages you are finding, that would be great.

However, if you can't find a theme with similar needy pages, my suggestion (and this is for everyone) is to post it on This blog of characters to edit. That way, we can know what characters need small tweeks that would be easy to do and others that need major editing which might need some incentives to do, like a task.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty

- Super8 just came out... so you could do 8 Super characters (Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Krypto, etc)  

- Likewise, Bad Teacher is just coming out so do a list of characters who've been teachers?  Magneto, Hank Pym, Spider-Man, etc.

- Captain America wont be out till next month, so perhaps wait till July to pimp those Cap related pages.  

- Transformers: Dark Of The Moon will come out in a couple of weeks (hence my latest Contest theme ;) so I dare say the Autobots & Decepticons could use a little attention.

- Away from movie-realted themes, today is the longest day of the year & the start of summer... so perhaps focus on some fiery characters?  Firebrand, Firestorm, Sunfire, Johnny Storm, Hot Spot, Match?
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@xerox-kitty said:

- Transformers: Dark Of The Moon will come out in a couple of weeks (hence my latest Contest theme ;) so I dare say the Autobots & Decepticons could use a little attention.
without a doubt this must happen, all those Transformers character pages need love. Maybe even wrap it into a 80's cartoon theme and wedge G.I. Joe in, there is so many characters there that need work. Could probably do a lot of the big 80's properties too like M.A.S.K., Dino Riders, Thundercats, etc.
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Thanks guys for these suggestions.

Right now I've got a bunch of Story Arcs in the task queue. Would like to put a bigger focus on filling out story arcs, and keeping shorter/concise story arc information on the character pages. Character pages should be jumping off pages to more specific story arc pages.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Red L.A.M.P. said:

Right now I've got a bunch of Story Arcs in the task queue. Would like to put a bigger focus on filling out story arcs, and keeping shorter/concise story arc information on the character pages. Character pages should be jumping off pages to more specific story arc pages.

Awesome, I could not agree more :D story arcs are such an unappreciated aspect of the site and CV could corner the market since there isn't a whole lot out there for story arcs that aren't like huge events.
Sky_Jokiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Sky_Jokiel

You should do a DC relaunch hunt. Where you have to go to all 52 character / title pages that are getting a relaunch. 

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Cervantes

Teen Titans: Rogues Gallery. 

Past Teen Titans line-ups!  

I know you'll probably do the new 52 Lineup...
CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

@Red L.A.M.P.:

The Stormwatch team page is in definite need of some work. What do we do about storylines on character's and team pages that are no longer in continuity with the New DCU?

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

@CrimsonAvenger said:

@Red L.A.M.P.:

The Stormwatch team page is in definite need of some work. What do we do about storylines on character's and team pages that are no longer in continuity with the New DCU?

I don't think we do anything different than we normally do. Put all the new content under Major Story Arcs. For now, don't rewrite origins, but do update the "Current Events" paragraph to reflect new changes. If we follow our wiki style guide we'll continue to have well written articles that explain the characters and changes to them over time... over decades.