#1 Posted by tea8765 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like its been slow going so far and I am only at 990 points, what kind of wiki submissions or updates gets you the most points?

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio
@tea8765: We all just get wiki points as they come.  There are basically two ways to get points, write them out or work on the issue pages and get them point by point.  Both take about the same amount of time, though the biggest editors by points are the issue people, not the writers.  In terms of the wiki though, this question sounds like you want to point spam which would break the rules of the wiki.  It is best to just work away and see what points come.  
#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58068 posts) - - Show Bio

The more you write, the more you get. Simple. Plenty of issue pages that could use a long summary of your own words.
Then there's just adding issues that aren't here and add all the creators/characters and whatnots. And the solicits for them if they have them.
BB

#4 Posted by tea8765 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@tea8765: We all just get wiki points as they come. There are basically two ways to get points, write them out or work on the issue pages and get them point by point. Both take about the same amount of time, though the biggest editors by points are the issue people, not the writers. In terms of the wiki though, this question sounds like you want to point spam which would break the rules of the wiki. It is best to just work away and see what points come.

I don't even know what "point spam" means just wondering where I should be focusing my energies. I wanna hit 5Gs so I can fix some of these jacked up default images on the characters wiki.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58068 posts) - - Show Bio

Point spamming would adding bunch of unnecessary info that gives you a lot of points.
Just add issue summaries like I said.
BB

#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio
@tea8765: Also if you want to change the default image for character pages, there is a thread for that.  
#7 Posted by SC (13145 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? If you don't focus on the points, they tend to come naturally. Just look for a task that you sincerely want to do anyway and the level of how fun you find it will automatically translate to points.

#8 Posted by fesak (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

Write about comics from outside North America.

Lots of points to be had since most aren't filled out much and there's often plenty of issues/whole series missing or lacking in credits.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Adding books to the Other Media section fetches lots of points without writing much but it does take a while and is quite dull.

#10 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@tea8765 said:

I feel like its been slow going so far and I am only at 990 points, what kind of wiki submissions or updates gets you the most points?

Wiki Tasks give bonus points. AND you can request Wiki Tasks, if there's something you want to work on / fix, to get extra points for doing so.

http://www.comicvine.com/wikid/task/queue/

Also, if you make any changes in the text of entries that require deleting something already there, then you need to do the deletion separately. Otherwise you get much less points for the corrections / additions you made.

#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

who cares?

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to the characters tab, then click "Last".

There you will see countless characters waiting to be edited, forgotten by Comic Vine.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58068 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

who cares?

The OP and everybody who posts.
BB

#14 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they all need their priorities sorted.

#15 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: For what is essentially a wiki, what is a more important priority?

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Editing it for the sake of being helpful rather than to achieve a numerical value.

#17 Edited by tea8765 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: @X35 said:

who cares?

Well clearly I do because I took the time to post the question, but thanks for your 2 cents.

#18 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Editing it for the sake of being helpful rather than to achieve a numerical value.

Do let us know when ComicVine embraces your philosophy and frees all of us with unsorted priorities from the restrictions of wikipoints.

#19 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Do let me know when people stop thinking big numbers nobody looks at means you're amazing.

#20 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Will do, and some people look at them. Really though I just look at it as a measurement of progress and contribution. There are other things which affect me more than wiki points.

#21 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Do let me know when people stop thinking big numbers nobody looks at means you're amazing.

OP isn't seeking your worthless validation. He wants to do things on the Comicvine wiki, but can NOT, without a certain number of wiki points. So how about following your own advice, and try to "be helpful" to a fellow viner, which is allegedly YOUR priority, instead of being snotty?

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58068 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#23 Posted by pikahyper (12257 posts) - - Show Bio

lol