This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

its a small thing but, if you have unread mail in your inbox and you happen to cross the message sent to you in a topic forum, the mail in your inbox could then dissapear. 

Also when you click on a link to a topic in a piece of mail sent to you, the link should take you right to the post that was shown in your mail rather then just half way thru the number of pages in the thread. 

continuing with the mailing and posting topic, it would be nice if when someone replies or quotes you, their message could be highlighted so its easier to find in the thread. (that is ofcourse if my first idea couldnt work)
#102 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" i also wouldn't mind (and i know i'm not alone, right people?) if some sort of " Scratch And Sniff " technology were added to site, as one of my strongest desires in life..no! my number one most desire in life is to finally find out what comicvine actually smells  like. "
Cucumbers.
Staff
#103 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" i also wouldn't mind (and i know i'm not alone, right people?) if some sort of " Scratch And Sniff " technology were added to site, as one of my strongest desires in life..no! my number one most desire in life is to finally find out what comicvine actually smells  like. "
Cucumbers. "
Thought it smelt like alcohol from the speak-easy in the basement. :P
#104 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Red L.A.M.P. said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
Cucumbers. "
Thought it smelt like alcohol from the speak-easy in the basement. :P "
Speakeasy smells of mushrooms.
Staff
#105 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Red L.A.M.P. said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
Cucumbers. "
Thought it smelt like alcohol from the speak-easy in the basement. :P "
Speakeasy smells of mushrooms. "
Eeew. Wrinkles nose in disgust. Not a fan of mushrooms.
#106 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to be able to cross-reference character appearances. 

#107 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" I would love to be able to cross-reference character appearances.  "
elaborate? I may be an idiot but what do you mean by this?
#108 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

nothing big, but maybe an option/button to cancel an image one is uploading from their hard drive to a post.
sometimes i'm sleepy (like 90% of the time dontcha know!) and i grab the wrong one, or the image is too much
to upload properly. so i close the upload box and attempt again, but anything that i was uploading before is still
trying to come up. can create some ugliness at times.

@Red L.A.M.P.:
took all the fun out of it. tsk.tsk.

#109 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
elaborate? I may be an idiot but what do you mean by this? "
I don't know if (hypothetically) it would be built into the search function. But a way to search for any and all appearances that two characters have together. Like if I wanted to find out every issue that X-23 appeared in with Wolverine. 
#110 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @aztek the lost said:
I don't know if (hypothetically) it would be built into the search function. But a way to search for any and all appearances that two characters have together. Like if I wanted to find out every issue that X-23 appeared in with Wolverine.  "
ah yes, that would be interesting, don't know how it would work but I'd also like to see it for creators, which ones work together most often and such
#111 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @aztek the lost said:
I don't know if (hypothetically) it would be built into the search function. But a way to search for any and all appearances that two characters have together. Like if I wanted to find out every issue that X-23 appeared in with Wolverine.  "
ah yes, that would be interesting, don't know how it would work but I'd also like to see it for creators, which ones work together most often and such "
Yeah, I know nothing about coding and engineering, or very little, anyways. I just know what I want to see. ;) Oooh, yes, for creators, too. ^__^ 
#112 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

New category suggestion for comics.  I think Book Designer or layout designer needs credit too.
 I mentioned this to Aztek and he said to post this suggestion here.  There is not credit for those creators, but they do work for the comic as well.  
A guys I can think of is Chip Kidd. He designed layouts for books like the second printing of Sin City and a few other things.

#113 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Make Nobody a staff member so I can get paid to waste  my time on here. "
the mods should get perks I think. I hope you guys are sent things like comics or something.
#114 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this was already suggested or there's a trick, but I'd like some way to categorize my following list as I see it growing. It would be really cool to see all the artists, writers, or just characters in general nicely organized that I've found on here. 
Not much different than most other lists in programming implementation, just needs a 'Following' admin form to drive it. 

If there's a way to manage this already my apologies, just point and I'll figure it out from there.

#115 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

A games forum. All the threads would be the usual " Superhero starting with the last letter of the prior named " ect.
games floating around the vine could be moved there for easier access when one was bored. Also could include
threads that have a single embedded java based game in the opening post (maybe regulate that they have comic based themes
only for the sake of continuity). only reason i dropped the last idea out is because i have the tech to do this for you.

#117 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Dude. LOVE that idea.  
#118 Posted by ENGLENTINE (450 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice to be able to search a Viners reviews by title. Instead of having to go through pages from newest to oldest.

#119 Posted by DiscoNightwing (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like the character appearance to be a bit more advance... 

namely I think it would be awesome if there were a character cross reference search... Like if I wanted to see all the books dick and babs were in together or Conner and Tim...I enjoy watching relationships form but sometimes it's difficult to catch all the appearances made together. 

I dont know if there is one but a filter would be nice...all the TPB volumes kinda clutter things up to me 

I think this would be kind of hard but maybe a more standardized character profile system... For example there is a batman page, a Bruce wayne page, and a dick grayson page which to me make sense...the there is a supergirl page that lumps like 6 versions of supergirl together which could also make sense...which i suppose could be fixed by viners... however now searching appearances of modern Kara Zor-El is cluttered by all the other supergirls and it would be difficult looking up nightwing appearances versus robin or batman... 

an advance search feature with like a [ "Blank" and "Blank"   or "Blank" as "Blank"] would be sweeeeeeet... 

appologies if this has been said before...but the cross reference i think  would be the most helpful

#120 Posted by pikahyper (11523 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone talked about enhanced inline editing? like instead of clicking a button to go into edit mode you just double click the section you want to edit and you can edit it right then, similar to how some wiki applications do it like Wikka, I've been a big fan of double click inline editing lately :D

I'd also like to see a cover price entry added to the wiki and drag and drop rearranging of cover images, it gets so annoying to have to upload covers one at a time in reverse order so that the covers display in the correct order....

Moderator Online
#121 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

noticing a lot of Forums cluttered by Quest specific made threads, in that at times it becomes hard to find the established topics
there (and not alone in this). Possible to make a forum just for these, or more logically try and herd users to make them in the Quests forum.

#122 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

I would loveeeee the ability for mods/staff to lock (specific) concept pages. Not making them uneditable, necessarily, just making it so that they can't be credited to issues. Pages like Submission Guidelines, Comic Book Care, Deceased Characters. Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to all concept pages being locked. The vast majority of them are just used to point whore, anyways.

#123 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

This has come up elsewhere, but I figured I'd go ahead and put it here ... Could the folks making quests PLEASE stop making quests that require wiki edits?  Or at least make them be minuscule edits?  Cause the Photoshopped Quest deluged the galleries with needless images, many that broke the rules.  How about making a quest that actually makes people READ the wiki submission rules and specific threads in this forum?

#124 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really applicable i know, lol, but get G-Man to go around and start posting a lot of hilarious random things all 
over the place again. I was reading some of that stuff from a few years ago and it really put the smile in CV.
I don't even come close to kinging that guy with my own absurd posting style.

#125 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

search function

taking note of recent complaints and the truth that is several repeat threads spewing abound,
i went and used the search function and noticed:

it no longer includes the option to search word by title?

without that a user making checking if a thread has been made, is going to come up with results for any thread
with the word even in there and will have to waste endless time searching. i can say that the increase from the regular
amount of repeat threads did correspond with about the same time you dropped this feature.

ways to improve, bring that option back.  its very needed.
thanks.
#126 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see some sort of user approval rating similar to that of ebay.  There are few viners who just enjoy going around and blasting others.  It would be nice to see some sort of rating on behavior so eventually you would be able to them coming.  for example I recently was blasted whan I simply reached out to another user simply because they didn't know who I was.  The thing is the few who ruin the fun for everyone are very vocal. 

#127 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

Lists

It would be nice to know if you already voted on a list without clicking on the link.  For example when you go to the User List page you see thousands of list and you never know what ones you already voted on.  This is really annoying with favorites list because just about everyone has a favorites list and unless you remember everyone you ever saw you never know if you already voted.   This would also be nice on my friends list.  I have many many friends who have wonderful lists and always make new ones.  It would be col to look at their list page and see how many you already voted for so you always know when they have a new one.

I would also like to know who voted on my list.  For example I have a friend who likes magical characters for example.  So I think they may enjoy my list.  I can check and see if they already voted and them know if I should tell them about it or not.

Lastly, I think a day whole day should go by before you can vote no on anyone list or reviews a second time.  The thing is if someone gets mad at you they just go to your lists and reviews page and just start voteing no as a retaliation.  If they only could vote no once a day for the same user it would help eliminate the jerk factor.  Sure they could do it anyway but a least they would have to work at being a jerk.
#128 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

These suggestions pertain to the mobile site. I signed up for the paid membership for the express purpose of being able to access the mobile site. I have a Blackberry and unfortunately, the mobile site is most definitely geared towards iProducts, making the whole membership almost not sorthwhil

#129 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

Grr. I would also like the ability to edit posts on the mobile site.

#130 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could find out who is actually following me

#131 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir
I wish I could find out who is actually following me
YESSSSSSSS.

I wish that there was a block feature and I would love to be able to change my online status bar, similar to the way that you change it on MSN.
#132 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

also I wish I was able to get my other account, still can't

#133 Edited by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir Are you on the multi pass? If so, I'd check the pinned thread in the RPG forum.
#134 Posted by puiwaihin (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like it if the fanfic forum would allow the original poster to post as many times in a row as wanted in order to updated chapters.

#135 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see the Super Bio's as they used to be, which was all awesome ^_^ now i can't even look at mine :/

#136 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

another tab in the Profiles that constitutes a " notepad " or  " billboard " ect.
a place where a user leaves notes, like say the times they are here, when they'll be on vacation, ect.
so anyone who knows them can conveniently check. i have problems with people not knowing my 
log-on off times, timezone, and the fact that i never log out even when i'm gone for example
and could leave them there so a person wasn't aimlessly ringing the doorbell so to speak,
or if they wanted to catch up they knew what time to find me and vice-versa for another example.

#137 Posted by Asesino (376 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the ability to edit/delete a review.

#138 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Add a quotes area quoting dialog from comics

#139 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't remember if I posted this earlier or not, but I think aliases should be added to things in the wiki other than just the characters.  For example, creators could really use aliases since there's plenty of them that worked under pseudonyms (Gene Colan = Adam Austin) or used variations of their names (Barry Smith = Barry Windsor Smith).  Some objects could use aliases (Trident of Neptune = Neptune's Trident = Sacred Trident = Trident of Poseidon).

#140 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we can add a poll to a blog

#141 Posted by Formidable (200 posts) - - Show Bio

A really good character/avatar generator (2d or 3d) would be really cool.

#142 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

and moving avatars too.

#143 Posted by humanfly26 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio
#144 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
I would loveeeee the ability for mods/staff to lock (specific) concept pages. Not making them uneditable, necessarily, just making it so that they can't be credited to issues. Pages like Submission Guidelines, Comic Book Care, Deceased Characters. Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to all concept pages being locked. The vast majority of them are just used to point whore, anyways.
@The Dark Huntress
These suggestions pertain to the mobile site. I signed up for the paid membership for the express purpose of being able to access the mobile site. I have a Blackberry and unfortunately, the mobile site is most definitely geared towards iProducts, making the whole membership almost not sorthwhil
#145 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Asesino
I want the ability to edit/delete a review.
We do have that ability.
#146 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

All I want is to be able to edit pages without CV's system F'ing up my formatting every time.I want to be able to bold and italicize what I want and not have to worry about it applying to everything.I would have more points then anyone here if I could edit without all the nonsense.I'm very neat.I hate to see the pages looking like they do.The picture formating is ridiculous too.That whole thing needs to be fixed.

#147 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro In fairly certain xerox-kitty started a thread pertaining to this in Bug Reporting. You might want to post in that as well.
#148 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

We need to rename it FadeToBlackBoltvine....

#149 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt
I second that motion !
#150 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt
I second that motion ! "
Wooo! :D Thank you, thank you