#101 Edited by etragedy (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently the stats bar doesn't show all reviews. I'm adding this to the list in post #81 above.

#102 Posted by Mercy_ (92841 posts) - - Show Bio

@etragedy: That's probably something better suited to being reported in the bug reporting forum if you haven't already.

#103 Posted by etragedy (1088 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been out of town, (surfing) and was not able to be in reach of a computer in order to get on Comic Vine. I downloaded the app, but it doesn't have the capabilities that the official site has such as signing into your account and checking the forums. If you guys made a more versatile mobile site for iphone app and internet use, I believe the site will furthermore expand throughout the world.

#105 Edited by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: The apps are developed by 3rd party developers usually. They have created a mobile view for the current site. Make sure your browser is not forcing desktop view. Also depending on your screen size you may end up with a "mobile" version similar to an app with button interface, or a consolidated desktop style. I know on my phone is displays "mobile", but on my Nook it displays desktop style.

#106 Posted by etragedy (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you to the coding team that have been steadily improving the site!

#107 Edited by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

On the Staff Reviews you have the banner at the top showing the last couple reviews (4+ depending on resolution of your monitor), this should be changed to show the review you are reading, if there is one that was published after it would be to the left, and then another 3+ to the right. If you select one of the reviews to the right everything would shift showing again the one newer review to the left and the 3+ older reviews to the right. Kinda how issues work inside of the volume. Currently no matter what review your reading you only see the same, and they are on the front page. I occasionally like everyone else might be reading one thing and see another topic/article and click that link, this would allow some of the older reviews to still be seen outside of the issues themselves.

#108 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: How do you add appearances of an object(issue wise) on a comic-book object page?

#109 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Improve and updae the mobile site!

Definitely get 100+ more followers doing so for sure..jus saying :P

#110 Posted by pikahyper (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: far as I can see you can't, objects have to be added on issue pages same as always.

#111 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

A way of selecting the country of origin for an issue. That way, if someone wanted to find every appearance of a character in US originals or British reprints (for example) they could select that on the Characters page without having to check where each comic came from.

Alternatively, there could be the option to select whether it is an original printing, foreign reprint, trade paperback, etc. this wouldn't be as useful for users outside of the US but would have a similar overall effect. It would also avoid confusion as to which country to select if it has been printed in multiple countries.

#113 Posted by tupiaz (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Delete posts on once wall.

#114 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of saying Release Date on the movie pages, perhaps US Release Date would work better to avoid confusion with foreign countries. For instance, here in England, Avengers was released in cinemas before it was released in the US.

#115 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back the user review ratings. I loved rating the books good or bad.

#116 Edited by Samimista (20821 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps add a pan/crop option for profile banners? I believe the old layout had an option similar to this?

#117 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignore user option would be nice.

#118 Edited by kaijukurt (3 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice to bring back the filter categories for the issues done by a creator.

In the old Comicvine, you could say, arrange the works of Geoff Johns according to publisher, release date, along with the default most appearances. Now, their issues can only be arranged by the greatest number of appearances.

I believe those features of filtering the works and appearances of creators and characters alike were indispensable tools for helping someone get to know a certain comics personality.

#119 Posted by pikahyper (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukurt: you can still do that, go to Wiki>Issues and use the filters to filter by creator and/or publisher and sort it however you want.

#120 Edited by Manhunter2070 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice to have the Year and the Publisher listed when looking through appearances under the volume images like it did on the old site, I'm not sure why they decided to remove it in the first place.

#121 Posted by kaijukurt (3 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice to have the Year and the Publisher listed when looking through appearances under the volume images like it did on the old site, I'm not sure why they decided to remove it in the first place.

This.

#123 Edited by triplestuforeos (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

The ability to add multiple publishers to a page but also have a primary publisher that shows at the top. There are multiple characters and teams that have changed publishers over the years (such as Star Wars, Transformers and G.I. Joe).

This would definitely be great. Would be especially useful for volume pages, so we wouldn't have to split up a volume whenever it changes publishers.

#124 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a way to view a list of threads that you've started?

And if not, there should be.

#125 Posted by Owie (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be REALLY helpful if we could add images (using the small, side-by-side format) to a comment in the order we want the images to appear, instead of just the order they are in in our profiles.

For instance if I'm adding several scans to a battle thread using the small, side-by-side format, I can't post them in the actual order they were in in the comics. It just posts them in the order they are in my profile, which is often backwards. (And sometimes it adds them in a random order that's a little different from my profile.)

Then I have to say, OK, read the scans in this order: #5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 1 (or whatever).

In the old version, we could control this by clicking on the images in the order we wanted them to appear, but that doesn't seem to work any more.

#126 Posted by fables87 (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

How about adding locations, objects, concepts, and so on to the the Character pages too.

#127 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly larger points rewards for filling in the entries for characters' friends/enemies/teams/movies. These often have very little information and, even if its just something like 15 points, this would encourage people to fill them in.

#128 Posted by pikahyper (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I'm reluctant on this one, editors already abuse the hell out of this, even more so now that you can associate just about anything to anything else, giving more rewards will just make it worse.

#129 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be nice as I stated earlier to have things in chronological order. Man I miss that feature immensely.

#130 Posted by Irishlad (587 posts) - - Show Bio

This has probably been suggested thousands of times but a like button on the pages would be nice.

Whether it be article or writing fan fic story, it's tough to gauge whether people enjoyed it or want to see more because not every person comments.

#131 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

@manhunter2070 said:

This.

Amen to this. I want to have these back.

#132 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

The option of a NSFW or Explicit Content screen popping before entering those kind of pages on the wiki. Seeing as this is meant to be a family-friendly site, it would make sense. (Though admittedly, a lot of these pages would be difficult to stumble across unless actively looking for them.)

#133 Edited by Manhunter2070 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we have different default picture for when new pages are created?

I'm talking about that picture of the blonde guy with the blue headband that it there as the default, its ugly as hell and really awkward since it gets used for everything, even volume pages.

#134 Posted by pikahyper (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@manhunter2070: I requested this back during the beta and god I hope it isn't at the bottom of things to fix, I can't stand that freakin' image. I think part of my request was to have a different default for each page type.

#135 Posted by Manhunter2070 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Well at least I'm not the only one, ha ha.

Different pictures for different page types makes perfect sense, I hope they get on it soon.

#136 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a reason why comicvine doesn't have a signature system implemented?

#137 Edited by triplestuforeos (38 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool if you could sort publishers by number of issues the same way you can with characters and volumes.

#138 Edited by ikarus (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, please bring back simple ratings (I hope you haven't lost the old values). I used both for assessing quality and marking a comic as read so I could come back to it. I was always hoping you would write a recommendation engine on top of it ... If you're worried about spammer ratings, show the users just like you show reviews, but w/o review title & content.

#139 Edited by pikahyper (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of you that have been waiting for the "add to list" button to come back it was pushed out today :D

#140 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Has this been mentioned yet?

There use to be a time, when one could see all the comics published by, say, Nedor or Marvel. Not possible anymore. I WANT it to be possible.

#141 Edited by Teerack (7055 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't edit the banner or main image of wikis anymore no matter your wiki level. that's a dumb idea... change it back.

#142 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

There use to be a time, when one could see all the comics published by, say, Nedor or Marvel. Not possible anymore. I WANT it to be possible.

If you go to the Volumes page, on the right there is a filter system. You can type in whatever publisher you want to the correct box then press the button saying "This form is awesome!".

@teerack said:

You can't edit the banner or main image of wikis anymore no matter your wiki level. that's a dumb idea... change it back.

You can change both if you have enough points...

#143 Edited by Teerack (7055 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

If you go to the Volumes page, on the right there is a filter system. You can type in whatever publisher you want to the correct box then press the button saying "This form is awesome!".

@teerack said:

You can change both if you have enough points...

Not sense the skin change.

#144 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I just changed the image of Iron Man so it is definitely possible to change them.

#145 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

When are we getting the ''Who's online'' feature again?

#147 Edited by raskozzz (2 posts) - - Show Bio

add an option to chronologically sort the appearances pages. this for example: http://www.comicvine.com/thanos/4005-7607/issues-cover/

even better if we could sort all the appearances chronologically (and not listed by series)

#148 Posted by pikahyper (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@raskozzz: you already can, go to Wiki>Issues, in the sidebar add Thanos to the character filter and in the Filter By dropdowns change "Sort By" to Publish date, done.

#149 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Under concepts should we add legacies? Like the Batman legacy(Bruce, Azrael, Dick, etc) and Starman legacy(Jack Knight, Thom Kallor, etc).

#150 Edited by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: we already have a concept page for that called "Mantle" which has a very long list of mantles