Way to "refresh" a character into the search?

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

So I'm having problems with a couple character pages I created, I don't know if the site was just acting weird when they were created, but sometimes characters with just single names (like Rebecca, Willie, Maria) will no show up in the search at all when I'm looking to add them to new issues, but when I just search for their character pages normally via the top search bar, I can find them just fine.

Is there anyway the mods can sort of refresh them into the search? Because unless their last names are found out, some characters like those noted, are completely impossible to find when editing an issue.

Would it also be worth adding a post in the "Ways to Improve" thread to suggest an "add by URL" option for these sort of issues?

(also, may be worth noting that of the three pages I tagged, I could find Rebecca and Willie in the regular search, but had no luck with Maria)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@fhiz: This is a reported bug, basically I think when there are too many repeat common names they get omitted from results similar to how Google will omit results for the same/similar url or the result gets randomly shuffled off the first page of results.

The only thing anyone can do to make the page show in results is to temporarily rename it, wait for it to reindex, add it, then change the name back, upon changing it back to normal the page will again not show up so it is only temporary but I do it almost daily these days.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3 fesak  Moderator

Or add an unique alias, which seems to be working again for most page types.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@fesak: working aliases are pretty random and for some reason aliases take a long time to update in the index.

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@fesak: Unfortunately non have aliases at the moment, so I guess just stuck until the full names are revealed, if ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d274c11c832a
deactivated-5d274c11c832a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

how to temporaly change a character name to find it.? confirm it into a comics issue and change the name back?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator