Very new to this but eager to learn - ANY advice would be much appreciated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for luluandfernando
LuluandFernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi there

I am currently working on some characters and have only recently started using my creative side so I am a bit green, so my apologies. The fab work I have seen on this site is somewhat intimidating and at first I almost decided to give up because I simply cannot compete here.

However, I decided that I have started this process much more for my own fun than anything else, so who cares if others don't think much of it ;-)

Nevertheless, I have been using a number of different pieces of software to either colour my characters (microsoft paint); remove backgrounds (I have found a fab site where I can do this online for free...http://editphotosforfree.com and I have recently been using photoshop too, although the free on is spot on!); animate characters (I am hoping to trial crazy talk animator but am still waiting for an e-mail from them so not sure about that one yet ); prepare body parts for animator (photoshop) and I have found a site called storyboard which I think is quite good to summarise the stories.

Question one: Can anyone recommend a better or easier way of colouring my characters than me using a sharpie to draw the characters on paper, then scanning image to then paint using paintbrush in microsoft paint? This is very time consuming although I like that the colours are more vibrant than my colouring the character before scanning.

Question two: Can anyone recommend good animation software for a novice, using own characters? Hopefully, I will be able to trial software because I don't know if I will be able to use it yet.

I would love it if other forum users on here can take the time to check out my characters on fb or twitter Lulu and Fernando and provide me with constructive feedback to help me develop my characters, i.e what's good and more importantly, what's bad.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind Regards

Lorraine

LuluandFernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry folks

Just realised I have uploaded my characters to this site if you wouldn't mind looking at them and give feedback :-)

Lorraine

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@luluandfernando Wrong forum I think, if you're here for art and character design head over to the Artist Show-Off forum as they would be able to help you much more then editors could.

If you are refering to wiki editing then ask away.

LuluandFernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: Thankyou so much for taking the time to advise. I haven't even heard of wiki editing, although I have just taken a look to see and I can't imagine I will be needing help with that ;-)

I will try the Artist Show-off forum and hopefully, I will get a few pointers.

Much appreciated

Kind Regards

Lorraine

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24