Troubleshooting the Wiki (all new editors read this first please)

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Jetshade

@pikahyper: Hi pika, another question: Is a moderator now required to edit the "first appearance" category on characters? Someone entered an erroneous one on the Modern Age Phantom Lady and I've been trying to fix it, but the interface doesn't seem to allow it. Her first appearance should be Battle for Bludhaven #2.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Ah okay, that did the trick. Didn't think to approach it from that angle. Thanks for the info!

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#255 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: if it doesn't show in the Bannervengers history it probably means the associations were removed from the character pages, just add them back.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#256  Edited By EMH_Bruce
EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was reading through the Hugo Strange page and wondered, shouldn't the Alternate Versions section only include alternate comic versions? Because there are also synopses about Batman The Animated Series and Young Justice while the Other Media section is nearly empty.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 pikahyper  Moderator
EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@pikahyper: Should I move the content to it's right place? Or should that do someone with more points on that page?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: if you are just going to shift the content you won't get much of a reward so go ahead.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Shifted the content, added an image from his gallery to the Young Justice synopsis and deleted the mini synopsis (two sentences about Young Justice) in the Other Media section, because it became redundant after the shifting.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By EMH_Bruce

There's something on many character wikis that really annoys me, namely when I see something like this:

Blablatext about character

Spider-Man

blablabla more text.

is it allowed to change the text so that it looks like this?

Blablatext about character Spider-Man blablabla more text.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: you can fix it anytime you see it, that was caused by a bug when transferring the database from the old platform to the new platform, links and formatted text (bold, italics, etc.) were made into their own paragraphs randomly.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Good, there are some pages which made my fingers twitch.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: ya those used to drive me crazy after the relaunch cause there were tens of thousands, I fixed thousands but eventually gave up cause it was endless and tedious, only one other editor ever cared to fix them but eventually he broke rules and I had to ban him from the site so I don't think anybody has been fixing them for at least six months.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@pikahyper: I see them regularly, but I wasn't sure if I should edit them or not. (I rather don't edit, than to do anything wrong)

JohnnyDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

Question: I posted a review, then checked the latest user reviews in the activity feed and said there were none. How do we see the latest user reviews?

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about adding the very first The Incredible Hulk (1966) series to the wiki, but I'm not sure how I should add the episodes, because the 13 full episodes are in a fact 39 mini episodes a 5 minutes.

Every mini episode has it's own title, that's why I'm not sure if I should add them together or separate.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(ignore the subs, I own the DVD Box and will make new screenshots for the wiki)

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@renchamp: They aired as 13 full episodes with 3 mini stories

No Caption Provided

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: So you mean like this?

• Episode 101: The Origin of Captain America, Wreckers Among Us, Enter Red Skull
  • Episode 102: The Origin of the Hulk, Enter the Gorgon, To Be a Man
  • Episode 103: Double Disaster, Enter Happy Hogan, Of Ice and Men
  • Episode 104: Trapped by Loki, Vengeance of Loki, Defeat of Loki
  • Episode 105: Peril in the Surface World, So Spreads the Net, The Unveiling

etc..

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@renchamp: Oh, I don't mind the work =) (Yes, I can, I know arcs from anime series, so I think it's cool that it's possible to put episodes into arcs here =D) Do you think I should use this as series thumbnail?

No Caption Provided

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@renchamp: Yeah xD Sadly I only have the title screens for the Hulk series (the Hulk intro is great btw) I just googled the series and the title screen only get worse in quality, so I'll have to use the one you just posted.

Edit: I just had an idea: Should I add the title screen of the first story from every episode as main image and the other two titles as variants? (I can add the Hulk ones without problems, the others I have to search first)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 pikahyper  Moderator

@renchamp: don't get too excited about tv arcs, episodes don't show up on arc pages so even if you add an arc to a bunch of episodes you can't see what episodes are in the arc from the arc page yet.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the advice.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 pikahyper  Moderator

@renchamp: well I just threw that "yet" in there out of hope really, I've heard nothing to support it, I think when they designed the tv module they forgot a couple things like making the arc pages two-way and adding episodes for other page types then just characters, plus the whole unstyled episode widget on character pages slapped on as an afterthought at the top eh...

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: I'm on it, like I said, I don't mind the work. (I watch the episodes while I write the summaries) Though I've got another problem and don't know how to solve it.

I was searching online for the airing dates of the episodes and found a site which has a date for every episode. I thought great and wanted to add those dates, but found them a little fishy, because two sites (wikipedia and bcdb) say that the episodes aired like this

• Monday: Captain America
  • Tuesday: The Incredible Hulk
  • Wednesday: The Invincible Iron Man
  • Thursday: The Mighty Thor
  • Friday: Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner

And the dates tv.com provided state that a) Cap's first episode aired on the 9/1/66 (which was a Thursday) and b) that the second episode was a Iron Man episode which makes no sense.

All sources say the episodes aired from September 1966 - December 1966 so I know at least that that's true, but that's all. =/

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 pikahyper  Moderator

@renchamp: @emh_bruce: All the sources I find reliable say it was Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Namor instead of Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Namor and I found these dates which are all accurate for 1966. I think when it originally aired in Canada (where it originated) it aired in this order and then Hulk and Iron Man were switched when it was brought to the US and other countries.

• 1x01 05/Sep/1966 The Origin of Captain America / Wreckers Among Us / Enter Red Skull
  • 1x02 06/Sep/1966 Double Disaster / Enter Happy Hogan / Of Ice and Men
  • 1x03 07/Sep/1966 Origin of the Hulk / Enter the Gorgan / To Be a Man
  • 1x04 08/Sep/1966 Trapped by Loki / Vengeance Of Loki / Defeat Of Loki
  • 1x05 09/Sep/1966 Peril In The Surface World / So Spreads The Net / The Unveiling
  • 1x06 12/Sep/1966 The Sentinel And The Spy / The Fantastic Origin Of The Red Skull / Lest Tyranny Triumph
  • 1x07 13/Sep/1966 The Death Of Tony Stark / The Hands Of the Mandarin / The Origin Of The Mandarin
  • 1x08 14/Sep/1966 The Terror Of The Toadmen / Bruce Banner Wanted For Treason / Hulk Runs Amok
  • 1x09 15/Sep/1966 Chained Evil / Sandu Master Of The Supernatural / Enchanted Hammer
  • 1x10 16/Sep/1966 The Start Of The Quest/Escape To... Nowhere/A Prince There Was
  • 1x11 19/Sep/1966 Revenge Of Captain America / The Trap Is Sprung / So Dies A Villain
  • 1x12 20/Sep/1966 Ultimo / Ultimo Lives / Crescendo
  • 1x13 21/Sep/1966 A Titan Rides The Train / Horde Of The Humanoids / Hulk On The Rampage
  • 1x14 22/Sep/1966 Enchantress And Executioner/Giants Walk The Earth/Battle Of The Gods
  • 1x15 23/Sep/1966 Not All My Power Can Save Me / When Fails The Quest / The End Of The Quest
  • 1x16 26/Sep/1966 Midnight At Greymoor Castle / If This Be Treason / When You Lie Down With Dogs
  • 1x17 27/Sep/1966 The Mandarin's Revenge / The Mandarin's Death Ray / No One Escapes The Mandarin
  • 1x18 28/Sep/1966 The Power Of Doctor Banner / Where Strides The Behemouth / Back From The Dead
  • 1x19 29/Sep/1966 At the Mercy of Loki / Trial Of the Gods / Return To Earth
  • 1x20 30/Sep/1966 Atlantis Under Attack / The Sands Of Terror / The Iron Idol Of Infamy
  • 1x21 03/Oct/1966 Return Of Captain America / The Search / To Live Again
  • 1x22 04/Oct/1966 The Crimson Dynamo / The Crimson Dynamo Strikes / Captured
  • 1x23 05/Oct/1966 Micro Monsters / The Lair Of The Leader / To Live Again
  • 1x24 06/Oct/1966 The Absorbing Man / In My Hands, This Hammer / Vengeance Of The Thunder God
  • 1x25 07/Oct/1966 The Thing From Space / No Escape For Namor / A Prince Dies Fighting
  • 1x26 10/Oct/1966 Zemo and His Masters of Evil / Zemo Strikes / The Fury of Zemo
  • 1x27 11/Oct/1966 Enter Hawkeye / So Spins The Web / Triple Jeopardy
  • 1x28 12/Oct/1966 Brawn Against Brain / Captured At Last / Enter The Chameleon
  • 1x29 13/Oct/1966 To Kill A Thunder God / The Day Of The Destroyer / Terror Of The Tomb
  • 1x30 14/Oct/1966 To Conquer A Crown / A Prince No More / He Who Wears The Crown
  • 1x31 17/Oct/1966 Let The Past Be Gone / The Adaptoid / The Super Adaptoid
  • 1x32 18/Oct/1966 If I Die, Let It Be With Honor / Fight On, For A World Is Watching / What Price Victory?
  • 1x33 19/Oct/1966 Within This Monster Dwells A Man / Another World, Another Foe / The Wisdom Of The Watcher
  • 1x34 20/Oct/1966 The Grey Gargoyle / The Wrath Of Odin / Triumph In Stone
  • 1x35 21/Oct/1966 To Walk Amongst Men / When Rises The Behemoth / To The Death
  • 1x36 24/Oct/1966 Coming Of The Swordsman / Vengeance Is Ours / Emissary Of Destruction
  • 1x37 25/Oct/1966 The Moleman Strikes / The Dragon Of Flames / Decision Under The Earth
  • 1x38 26/Oct/1966 The Space Phantom / Sting Of The Wasp / Exit The Hulk
  • 1x39 27/Oct/1966 Mysterious Mister Hyde / Revenge Of Mr. Hyde / Thor's Showdown With Mr. Hyde
  • 1x40 28/Oct/1966 Atlantis Is Doomed / The World Within / Quest For X-Atom
  • 1x41 31/Oct/1966 Bitter Taste Of Defeat / Sorcery Triumph / The Road Back
  • 1x42 01/Nov/1966 The Other Iron Man / Death Duel / Into The Jaws Of The Death
  • 1x43 02/Nov/1966 Hulk Vs. Metal Master / The Master Tests His Metal / Mind Over Metal
  • 1x44 03/Nov/1966 Every Hand Against Him / The Power Of The Thunder God / The Power Of Odin
  • 1x45 04/Nov/1966 Beware The Siren's Song / Spell of Loralie / Return Of The Mud Beast
  • 1x46 07/Nov/1966 When The Commissar Commands / Doorway To Doom / Duel Or Die
  • 1x47 08/Nov/1966 Cliffs Of Doom / The False Captain America / The Unmasking
  • 1x48 09/Nov/1966 The Ringmaster / Captive Of the Circus / The Grand Finale
  • 1x49 10/Nov/1966 The Tomorrow Man / Return Of Zarrko / Slave Of Tomorrow Man
  • 1x50 11/Nov/1966 Ship Of Doom / Fall Of Atlantis / Forces Of Vengance
  • 1x51 14/Nov/1966 The Sleeper Shall Awake / Where Walks The Sleeper / The Final Sleep
  • 1x52 15/Nov/1966 My Life For Yours / Black Knight's Gambit / Menace Of The Monster
  • 1x53 16/Nov/1966 Enter Tyrannus / Beauty & The Beast / They Dwell In The Deaths
  • 1x54 17/Nov/1966 Enter Hercules / When Meet Immortals / Whom The Gods Would Destroy
  • 1x55 18/Nov/1966 The Planet Of Doom / To Test A Prince / To Save A Planet
  • 1x56 21/Nov/1966 The Girl From Cap's Past / The Stage Is Set / 30 Minutes To Live
  • 1x57 22/Nov/1966 Dream Master / If A Man Be Mad / Duel In Space
  • 1x58 23/Nov/1966 Terror Of The T-Gun / I Against A World / Bruce Banner Is The Hulk
  • 1x59 24/Nov/1966 Victory Of Pluto / The Verdict Of Zeus / Thunder In The Netherworld
  • 1x60 25/Nov/1966 Doctor Doom's Day / The Doomed Allegiance / Tug Of Death
  • 1x61 28/Nov/1966 The Red Skull Lives / He Who Holds The Cosmic Cube / The Red Skull Supreme
  • 1x62 29/Nov/1966 The Beauty And The Armor / Peril In Space / As A City Watches
  • 1x63 30/Nov/1966 The Man Called Boomerang / Hulk Intervenes / Less Than Monster, More Than Man
  • 1x64 01/Dec/1966 Molto, The Lava Man / Invasion Of The Lava Man / Living Rock
  • 1x65 02/Dec/1966 Let The Stranger Die...! / To Destroy A Tyrant! / Save A City!
EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: @renchamp: Thank you for your help. I'll add the dates and change the numbering of the Hulk & Iron Man episodes. I'll write later into the summary, that they changed the order of the episodes, when they aired in the US.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@emh_bruce: well remember I said "I think", it isn't fact, episode orders do occasionally change from Canada to the US though I've found historically, no clue why but it does happen sometimes so it would probably be best to just include a note that sources are split online and that some show it being that order so there is a possibility that the episodes were moved around and that is why the episode order changes site to site.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I do and I will. I'll probably have to change the story titles too on some episodes, because some of them have a different order (in your post), but I do that when I write the summaries for those episodes.

/goes back to watching Hulk

JohnnyDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#290  Edited By JohnnyDarkness

How come I can't leave reviews all of a sudden?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

If you come across an issue with no information and just the cover art. Which has been left empty for over 2hrs is it okay to add info to it. I don't recall seeing anything about not been able to add to it until the original poster is finished. As I have been informed that I am not aloud to add to pages like this.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 pikahyper  Moderator

Dear god almighty it is called respect !!! the person that added it and put work in to it should get to finish working on it, how is that so difficult to understand? Editor A shows respect towards Editor B's work and Editor B returns that respect for Editor A's work, it's a community wiki and we all have to work together.

How would you feel if you take time out of your day to track down cover images and clean them up or crop them or remove watermarks or sometimes fully restore them, then take the time to gather info for an issue, look for preview pages or other sites with info then you go to add it and someone else has jumped on it and added the same or less data without putting the work in? It doesn't feel good at all. And what's with the arbitrary 2 hours? when I run across an empty issue I bookmark it and leave it for at least 24 hours (or up to a week if they are in moderation) unless the editor is obviously done with it because they deserve to be the one to fill it in cause they put the work in to add it in the first place.

The wiki used to be so much more respectful back in the day...

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@pikahyper: @rev_sulphur: All right let me propose a solution, at least for the time being. Pika, from what I know of him in the past, is not particularly possessive about what he adds, only that he likes to take care of the majority of the new additions so that it is done correctly. He is pretty easy with most stuff though, for instance in the past when I had been more active, he used to leave most of Zenescope for me to do, and he does that with everyone that shows an interest (BB, Fhiz). If Rev wants to get in on the new additions, let`s let pika and rev figure out how to do that. Pika can give Rev a piece of the new additions that he wants, and then it makes it easier for pika and others to monitor that things are being done correctly. That should make both parties content going forward shouldn`t it?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzatazz: To be honest I rather just leave Pika do what he wants. I just didn't realize that new releases were off limits as it wasn't in the guidelines. I just saw some issues with no info so I added what I knew and got chewed out for it. I just want to forget about the whole thing now.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@rev_sulphur: If you want to forget about it then it is fine. What pika says is true in a sense, as it does take a lot of time to arrange solicits and images, but he is not trying to monopolize things, just trying to get them done right. I encourage you to continue to work in the wiki though. You are off to a good start.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzatazz: I totally understand it takes a lot of time and I mentioned to the both of you I understand and commend the amount of work Pika contributes to the site. I just felt the way I was contacted about something that wasn't a rule was completely uncalled for especially in the way it was said. Of course I will continue to work in the Wiki and forums I have learned a lot from this site and love contributing. May I suggest that the rules be updated so something like this doesn't happen again. I am sure I am not the first person to experience this.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#298 fesak  Moderator

There is no rules about who gets to edit what, the wiki is a cooperative effort, not a competitive. Having that said it is a bit annoying when someone edits the page you just added, so it is sort of an unwritten rule to wait a bit before editing. There are lots of comics that doesn't get added and lots of pages without any info, so i don't think it should be a problem to find other stuff to work on.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Yes, I would like to ask about adding some pages for characters from Legend of Korra. I find it strange that we have pages for Korra, Amon, Wan, Raava, and Vaatu, but no pages for anyone else. Personally, I feel like pages for the other main characters are warranted if we're allowing pages for those characters I described above.